Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

Why vortex do not supported Fallout 4? I can't use NMM and i can't use vortex? Why? Why supported all Fallout games without vanila F4?

Vortex indeed does support Fallout 4, I'm using 276 mods with it.

DId you have Vortex SCAN for your games?

Also, you might need to SHOW HIDDEN

Vortex-Scan.jpg

Vortex-Show-Hidden.jpg

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #70181628.

HadToRegister wrote:

Why vortex do not supported Fallout 4? I can't use NMM and i can't use vortex? Why? Why supported all Fallout games without vanila F4?

Vortex indeed does support Fallout 4, I'm using 276 mods with it.

DId you have Vortex SCAN for your games?
Also, you might need to SHOW HIDDEN

Vortex-Scan.jpg

Vortex-Show-Hidden.jpg

oh.. thx. I didn’t guess that Fallout 4 could be hidden

I've had trouble with Vortex in the past, and always went back to NMM because it was user friendly, and it just works.

I really wanted to give vortex a fair chance, but it has been nothing but a headache.

It found my installs and executables on my E drive just fine, and tells me it installs the plugins for eso, but in game the addons dont exist. I've been fighting with it, and I'm sorry I recomended nexus to my brother and friends at this point, but I'll let them to their own support issues. This was still not ready, and forcing my hand, I guess I'll have to go back to MO and Minion. I still love being a premium member, and supporting the mods here, but it will be a while before I have enough faith to give your software another chance. I will be back.

Edited by [email protected]

I've had trouble with Vortex in the past, and always went back to NMM because it was user friendly, and it just works.

I really wanted to give vortex a fair chance, but it has been nothing but a headache.

It found my installs and executables on my E drive just fine, and tells me it installs the plugins for eso, but in game the addons dont exist. I've been fighting with it, and I'm sorry I recomended nexus to my brother and friends at this point, but I'll let them to their own support issues. This was still not ready, and forcing my hand, I guess I'll have to go back to MO and Minion. I still love being a premium member, and supporting the mods here, but it will be a while before I have enough faith to give your software another chance. I will be back.

You should use Minion for ESO

Also, people like to say that "Vortex isn't ready", "Vortex is still in Beta", while ignoring the fact that NMM is still in Beta as well.

Also, NMM "just works", only because it doesn't DO ANYTHING.

It does absolutely NOTHING, it's a glorified Archive Extractor, it does nothing other than that.

In response to post #70293818.

HadToRegister wrote:

Also, people like to say that "Vortex isn't ready", "Vortex is still in Beta", while ignoring the fact that NMM is still in Beta as well.

It does absolutely NOTHING, it's a glorified Archive Extractor, it does nothing other than that.

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree with a couple assumptions.

First it did do something, it was well known for being simple, though not as robust as MO, it would not only find the directories, when it installed something, and said it installed it, it actually did. A mod manager that installs mods, and does it well with out bogging the whole experience down. I'm sorry if my opinion offends you in some way, but that doesn't make my opinion invalid anymore than anyone else's. Edited by [email protected]

In response to post #70293818.

HadToRegister wrote:

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree with a couple assumptions.

Firs it did do something, it was well known for being simple, though not as robust as MO, it would not only find the directories, when it installed something, and said it installed it, it actually did. A mod manager that installs mods, and does it well with out bogging the whole experience down. I'm sorry if my opinion offends you in some way, but that doesn't make my opinion invalid anymore than anyone else's.

Nah, it just gets annoying to continuously have people jump into a release thread for a piece of software while complaining about that piece of software while waxing lyrical about a piece of software that's far worse.

It gets old, and unnecessary and tedious.

You don't like the software, fine, no need to keep harping on about it, Move on and be done with it.

was going to have another try with this but its just not worth it considering every time i want to use it i get "incompatible with fallout 4" message whats the point of placing this here if it does NOT support the game?

advertising?

guess i'll stick with MO2 a manager that actually supports the game from the second its opened

Guest deleted34304850

it does support fallout 4 - you're doing it wrong. i don't know how you're doing it wrong, because it's very easy, but you know users.....

In response to post #70357588.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

it does support fallout 4 - you're doing it wrong. i don't know how you're doing it wrong, because it's very easy, but you know users.....

Lets see install vortex
scan for games
pick Fallout 4
get unsupported message

tell me where i went wrong smartass?