15 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998,433 posts
Modlist Backup

This is a very simple extension that takes the list of mods that Vortex currently has and writes them to a file. It then allows you to take that file and Restore your list of mods, making Vortex download them again as if you'd downloaded them from the Nexus Website.

raybo01

raybo01

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 814 posts
Thank you!
:)
Endorsement #1
Very excited to see authors/users developing extensions for vortex!

Edited by raybo01, 01 December 2019 - 08:34 PM.

sirlach

sirlach

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 174 posts
Endorsement number 2. Very much needed and appreciated. Could you consider an export to CSV option for us mod list spreadsheet builders. ?

oldbastard42

oldbastard42

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 280 posts
Erm, what do I do with the files? If I click on sample-extension.js.map, it just loads VisualStudio! Some installation instructions would be helpful.

Never mind, I figured it out myself - and for anyone else who was too scared to ask, you simply drop the unzipped folder into C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\, and restart Vortex.

....you're welcome.

Edited by oldbastard42, 30 December 2019 - 10:14 AM.

7531Leonidas

7531Leonidas

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 93 posts
How do you use the modlist in vortex to restore mods? Thanks.

icannotaim

icannotaim

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 105 posts
In response to post #76066258.

Spoiler

Thanks!

icannotaim

icannotaim

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 105 posts
Hey, works great. You may want to place oldbastard42 's comment on where to place the file and note that there is a new button in the top menu for this to work onto the front page of this mod.

BTW for other folks, it did list all the mods for all the games I a managing.

It would be great if more meta data is included into the JSON output ... like links to the websites for the mods. Of course you supply the JS file, but I don't know the Vortex data structure etc. and unlike most experts, I don't write in javascript ...

Cheers,

"aim"

JohnnyTest91

JohnnyTest91

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
Where do I find the file?

beebophuckleberry

beebophuckleberry

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
For anyone who needs help...
1. Open Vortex
2. Click Extensions
3. Click 'Find More'. Scroll down till you see Modlist Backup 0.2.0
4. Click install 'Modlist Backup 0.2.0'
5. After installation a prompt will appear. Click the notification prompt to restart Vortex.
6. When Vortex restarts the icon will appear on the mods page. (See screenshot in images)
7. Select to backup, a window will open. Type whatever filename you want such as 'mod backup'. Hit select. The window will pop up saying this file doesn't exist and it'll ask if you want to create this file. Hit okay. Done.
8. To restore simply click restore. Select the backup you made and let it run. You have to be a premium member to restore backup.

Edited by beebophuckleberry, 26 April 2020 - 05:42 PM.

wrsomsky

wrsomsky

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 5 posts
This lists what mods are installed, but doesn't distinguish between the mods that are enabled and those that are disabled. If one is using multiple profiles, or are trying out different mods, the enabled/disabled status is important!

Page loaded in: 0.969 seconds