As part of our ongoing projects to improve and revitalise our website, we're looking for a junior-mid level front end developer to join our team. You'll have a major part in shaping the look and feel of our user experience across all of our services with your work being used by millions of users worldwide. This position is based in our offices in Exeter in the UK, it is not a remote working position and we cannot sponsor VISA applications so you will need a right to work in the UK or EU.
We'd rather recruit from within the community if we can and we've been very lucky thus far finding staff who know and use Nexus Mods. The full job description is below.
We are looking for a junior-mid level front end developer to join our website development team at our offices in Exeter, UK for our main website, Nexus Mods.
Your role will be to work alongside our senior front end developer and dedicated designer to deliver high quality, responsive front ends using the latest frameworks and standards. You will become an important part of a team where every perspective is welcomed.
If you like implementing cool new features and making sleek user interfaces and want to showcase your work to a large and engaging audience then this is the job for you!
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and flexible in their approach to problem-solving. You will need production experience working with HTML/CSS/JS (with at least one front end framework e.g. Vue, React, Angular) and working knowledge of version control.
Our ideal candidate is somebody who can work as part of a team, taking direction but also being able to use their initiative and bring a fresh perspective to our work. Experience is helpful, but having the right attitude to self-development is more important than having used our exact tech stack before.
You will need to either be a UK citizen or have a right to work in the UK in order to be eligible for this role, as we cannot provide visas at this time.
- Working with our senior front end developer and UI/UX designer to implement new features.
- Working with the entire web team to design new features and functionality.
- Participating in team meetings.
- Keeping track of your workflow using project management tools.
- Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.
- This is a full-time office-based position from our offices in Exeter, UK, to be worked Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week.
- We will offer a competitive market-rate salary dependent on your level.
- We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from.
- For the right candidates, we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics.
- Proficient with CSS, HTML and JS.
- Production experience with at least one full JS front end framework.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
- Right to work in the UK.
- Experience with React/Next.js or other server-side-rendering frameworks.
- Experience with a CSS framework (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, Tailwind).
- Experience with Ruby/Rails and/or PHP.
- Experience using a Linux desktop environment (though another OS can be provided).
- Experience or knowledge of video games is not required, but you will enjoy the job even more if you like video games!
Nexus Mods is an Alexa Top 1000 website with a user base of over 19 million users and serving over 1.5 billion page views a year. Working on such a popular site can be demanding, but rewarding, with a user base that is very loyal and very vocal!
Due to the popularity of the site, we try and work on the cutting edge of technology. If you are interested or excited by the latest advances in software and technology then you'll love working for us. We have a strong focus on researching new and upcoming tech and are always keen to explore new ways of improving the sites and services we provide through innovative means.
We are based in the heart of Exeter, a 15 minute walk away from Exeter Central station and 5 minutes from the main high street with all its shops, restaurants and the beautiful cathedral grounds.
We offer flexible working hours, provided you are in the office during the core hours of 10 am and 3.30 pm. The office environment is very casual, with plenty of lighthearted chat to break up the day, regular eating out, breaks that involve games and so on and so forth.
How to apply
Thank you to everyone who applied. The position has now been filled.