Trying to understand

MajorCyco

TLDR This statement from Nexusmods post, their TLDR.

"We understand that not everyone in the mod author community shares our convictions and our vision, and that is why we are granting a 1 month grace period in which mod authors can request to have all their files deleted for good by contacting [email protected]."

and this statement from the same post

"In order to streamline the process you may only request to have all of your files deleted (all or nothing)."

Really does give you that, "If you can't get on board 100% with all of your mods then you mean nothing to us" vibe doesn't it.

You know it really does look much worse when you spell it out...Hey is anybody listening? Is this thing on??? I got tired of tooting my own horn around here so I tooted YOURS and it sounds really bad! You could say its out of tune with the other horns around here. The good news is you have time to fix it before the big show! Lets get on that! @Nexusmods

Totally agree, Nexusmods are acting like a small child with his/her ball, "either you play my way or I will take my ball and go home."

The reality is that Nexumods itself exists by a delicate symbiotic relationship between modders and users. The organism will die If that relationship becomes unbalanced. Already, several of my game setups are literally ruined because the mod authors have pulled their content; and because of the quality and reliability of their work I will probably follow them out of Nexusmods.

It seems Nexusmods is prepared to wreak havoc in their current modder/user base for some illusionary ability attract to new members by believing setting up a stable load list is an effortless process that requires no thought or input by the user.

All concerned may rue the day they ever started down this path....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have already admitted that its into their box. or you can leave. and on the less pubic forums/discord channels we are cattle bottom line. Price increases will happen but he will wait till this "conspiracy" dies down before premium increased. Short of folks reaching out to every mod maker and going Pull out let them fall. we cant win. specially when them taking and seizing mods from makers no longer active. Specially with them archiving now before the month is up.

Bottom line is they pulled big business move and they are now making there "position" known. They are kings we are peasants.

I realize I've been trying to help identify a problem but I'm offering no solutions, shame on me! I also realize I'm long winded and probably a bit annoying in general....uhh, that just is what it is....Take solace in the fact that this is only my 8th post ever on here and you haven't had to endure, as a community, decades of abuse! Ok to the point.

@Nexusmods Hey, you've got some upset people here, you should seriously think about an olive branch. I would shape that particular branch like this, just a suggestion. Offer the option to delete singular mods up until "A" deadline. I understand this is going to increase your workload, I understand you have already made plans, I understand you're trying to keep your workers happy and stick to the plans as closely as possible. I would suggest giving yourself an extension so you will be able to get the extra work done without pulling your hair out. How set in stone are you for Aug 5th? Do you think you can manage a week or so more...etc. What is it worth to you, to keep some of these guys happy? I mean they might be the vocal minority...but they also have peers who are watching.

You guys must know that every great dictatorship has always started with the phrase "We would like to make this transition as smooth as possible for our customers, please bear with us at this time" .....uhhh but you didn't do that, you said, and I quote "All or nothing" That doesn't sound as smooth as possible, it sounds like the other thing. Bumpy.

I understand I have this way of getting under peoples skin, I just want you to rest assured I'm ok with that. However, I do mean well....ish.

TLDR - You know you have some upset users, olive branch, think on it. Oh, and I know you want collections as a way to push premium, I get it. It makes good sense. Those massive downloads are gonna be pretty slow without it. Not everyone has to use it but its their if they want it. Outstanding. Drape it in a cloak of honesty, embrace it, and get some additional funds coming in for what I'm sure is an ever increasing upkeep cost, those download counters only run in one direction, you know? I can fully sympathize with both sides of this, but smooth out the bumpy.

I don't feel the need to post anything further here, Like Fippy I've yapped quiet enough. Save the applause until after I'm gone please lol

//Rehashed Word Games and Semantics Snipped//

Just PLEASE STOP with the childish word games and semantics, we've already been through this garbage Ad Nauseam and Ad Infinitum in the Modders Forum, you're not bringing anything new to the discussion that hasn't been covered a thousand times before in the Mod Authors Forum.

I've read all of this same garbage already

At this point short of extreme measures which i don't think are appropriate.

we lost.

They will not stop. Robin and his personal goon squad will beat everyone down till they cow to them. Only those that will fight to the last breathe will do something once things become "official" and take legal steps. And at that point we have to hope that it will show them how badly they messed up or someone else will create a website to become the new Mod Hub. I hope that happens so folks can point out that "hey could of did it this way but you wanted more $$ sucks to be you" as the last spiteful see ya later as they gave us.

someone else will create a website to become the new Mod Hub

Just wait, exactly that will come along, perhaps not until after Nexus' ultimatum is over, but so many are fed up with Nexus at this point and all we want is a good home to display our work and that respects authors wishes.

Sad that Nexus is pushing me to do what I never even wanted to do to begin with...but thats the only option I have with their ultimatum. Ive set my own deadline and if by then nothing changes I will do what needs to be done, I never liked bullies, never did, never will.

Edited by Guest

I'm just here to thank the nexus team for making a lot of files inaccessible by threatening mod authors. Bite the hand that feeds you and burn the building like daddy bethesda.

I hope mxr or any other channel signal boosts what's going on.

I'm just here to thank the nexus team for making a lot of files inaccessible by threatening mod authors. Bite the hand that feeds you and burn the building like daddy bethesda.

I hope mxr or any other channel signal boosts what's going on.

I mean "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face" has been around since 1796 so i mean if its lasts the age of time...

This thread sickens me. I've enjoyed Skyrim more because of mods. Now mod authors are claiming Art and Intellectual Property rights that likely do not exist. You might as well have released these to the public domain.

Art? When you get a wall at the DMA you let me know. IP? Mods are glorified mix tapes. Good luck selling that in court.

As far as Nexusmods goes, I suspect they are within their rights to make sure mods remain accessible. Twitter? Yeah, they own your tweets. Facebook? Yup, they own your posts. Do not expect Nexusmods to self-immolate to assuage your fragile egos.

You need to educate yourself. Start here with Nexus' own words : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/771842-copyright-and-you/

He actually did make an effort to do so.

I owe several of you an apology. The DMCA says that you own what you post. I did not know that. That changes everything. I've spoken when I should have listened.

He posted that back on page 24, although I expect most of the folks he aimed that at, have already blocked seeing his posts.

Yes Sister Druuler. Sorry Sister Druuler. Please don't hit me again, Sister Druuler. I was just trying to help Sister Druuler. I promise to never provide a link to a learning resource again, Sister Druuler. Please, Sister Druuler, don't hit me again.

I have no idea why you replied the way you did, as I was being neither accusatory, aggressive or scolding with my post. I was pointing out information that seemed to me that you had missed. My mistake. I shall refrain from interacting with you again, to avoid similar responses.

I owe several of you an apology. The DMCA says that you own what you post. I did not know that. That changes everything. I've spoken when I should have listened.

He posted that back on page 24, although I expect most of the folks he aimed that at, have already blocked seeing his posts.

I sure as hell did, I've had enough of it, I've been here since 2008, and when something comes up, the Mod Authors get the brunt of the accusations, insults etc, and now it's the Nexus doing it to us as well.

I've put up with it long enough, because when push comes to shove, the people who have no regard for Mod Authors always come out of the woodwork and spew their hatred towards mod authors, and what makes it worse, is they ALWAYS automatically take the side AGAINST mod authors without even knowing the full story.

Afterwards, these same ones slink back into the woodwork and expect everything to be forgotten, and that we should continue making mods for them

I am not going to argue with you (nor am I saying that you are trying to start an argument with me). I have been here almost as long as you, and have seen most of the same issues that you have, and I completely understand and agree with your response here.

This thread sickens me. I've enjoyed Skyrim more because of mods. Now mod authors are claiming Art and Intellectual Property rights that likely do not exist. You might as well have released these to the public domain.

Art? When you get a wall at the DMA you let me know. IP? Mods are glorified mix tapes. Good luck selling that in court.

As far as Nexusmods goes, I suspect they are within their rights to make sure mods remain accessible. Twitter? Yeah, they own your tweets. Facebook? Yup, they own your posts. Do not expect Nexusmods to self-immolate to assuage your fragile egos.

You need to educate yourself. Start here with Nexus' own words : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/771842-copyright-and-you/

He actually did make an effort to do so.

Yes Sister Druuler. Sorry Sister Druuler. Please don't hit me again, Sister Druuler. I was just trying to help Sister Druuler. I promise to never provide a link to a learning resource again, Sister Druuler. Please, Sister Druuler, don't hit me again.

I have no idea why you replied the way you did, as I was being neither accusatory, aggressive or scolding with my post. I was pointing out information that seemed to me that you had missed. My mistake. I shall refrain from interacting with you again, to avoid similar responses.

You suffer from SUME disease.

You ASSUMED I had not read the subsequent post and, being CONSUMED with your own authoritarian rightness, PRESUMED to "mother superior 'splain me" I was wrong.

Edited by Guest