Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Guest deleted34304850

just what do you get for that?

i no longer read their detail free and duplicitious word salad.

oh i see - pony up some more for mods that are missing, about to go missing or are about to be left to rot in their archives pending collections.

yeah, thanks for the offer, i think i'll pass.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The removal of life time shows this is bottom line cash influenced more then likely same for the "collection" force system.
For those who wanna play "its not a large increase"

Current Monthly
2.99 a month
2.49 6 months £14.99 total.
2.04 12 months £24.49 Total
Life Time
49.99£ which is USD 68.48$. (current ratio as of 7/19/21)

New upgrade

Monthly 4.99£ 12 months 49.99£

The new one is going to cost 2 pouinds more for 1 month. then 20.50 pounds more for 12 months. So price increase and life time drop due to "untenable issues with cost"

"Nexus Mods first started offering Premium Membership as an option to users all the way back in 2007. Since then, it has been an invaluable source of income for the site that has allowed us to continue to host our services, hire staff, create NMM and Vortex, expand to over 1,300 more games and give back to mod authors via our Donation Points system, among many other things. Without it, the site simply would not exist."

I would have to say without the users this site would simply not exist.

after seeing the staff posting the Where does the money go? and Download speed cap … makes me really wanna tear into it but i don't got the time atm. Lets sum this up easy.

This is only showing that money influenced all the changes and instead of working with the community. I mean all of it. Not just the inner circle and the Nexus mod workers. I mean the Users/Mod makers. you know the clicks/views/word of mouth that they give and gave.I doubt it will be given now adays. Nexus Mods could of worked to a mutal agreement or change. But you went nuclear. It was your website your rules. And the publicity of this is showing not to trust this site.

In a lot ways, the bunny isn't wrong. It is a bit of an echo chamber in this thread.

People are frustrated and helpless. Let em cope. <3 I didnt even read bunny person's comment fully. I started, and after a view seconds...I just laughed and moved on. It's funny, telling people they don't move on, and yett adding here a comment. So...yeah...so much to moving on themselves. It's hypocricy at its best. Prime example of lack of empathy and in general, just probably simple trolling. This answer of me here will probably get again a huge long answer of Bunny thats just useless.(maybe I can trick them, by saying that, so they cant answer and might explode of frustration).

All in all - this thread shows just how important modding, and the modding community was for actually many. What you can read here, you hear in PMs of others as well. So many who are in this community since a decade. And when people lose something, no matter what it is. They need to cope. Everyone does it differently. Belittling that (like Bunny) just shows even more what a person bunny is.

I guess in your case, you are exhausted. I don't blame you. I think many people are. Not really helpful either this happened in a pandemic, where many probably looked out for shelter in modding. Now people lost a big comfort factor in their life.

For the prices, I think changing billing and all is reasonable. It's pretty sad, because if they wouldnt have pulled that first horrible move, this all would have been super smooth. Nobody would have lost their modding community.

And yes...now its just moving on. Moving on often thou isn't a process of cut and go. That rarely happens and rarely works.

I cope like that, too. Talking about it helps. Seeing others have the same issues. I am not alone with this.

The removal of life time shows this is bottom line cash influenced more then likely same for the "collection" force system.

For those who wanna play "its not a large increase"

Current Monthly

2.99 a month

2.49 6 months £14.99 total.

2.04 12 months £24.49 Total

Life Time

49.99£ which is USD 68.48$. (current ratio as of 7/19/21)

New upgrade

Monthly 4.99£ 12 months 49.99£

The new one is going to cost 2 pouinds more for 1 month. then 20.50 pounds more for 12 months. So price increase and life time drop due to "untenable issues with cost"

"Nexus Mods first started offering Premium Membership as an option to users all the way back in 2007. Since then, it has been an invaluable source of income for the site that has allowed us to continue to host our services, hire staff, create NMM and Vortex, expand to over 1,300 more games and give back to mod authors via our Donation Points system, among many other things. Without it, the site simply would not exist."

I would have to say without the users this site would simply not exist.

after seeing the staff posting the Where does the money go? and Download speed cap … makes me really wanna tear into it but i don't got the time atm. Lets sum this up easy.

This is only showing that money influenced all the changes and instead of working with the community. I mean all of it. Not just the inner circle and the Nexus mod workers. I mean the Users/Mod makers. you know the clicks/views/word of mouth that they give and gave.I doubt it will be given now adays. Nexus Mods could of worked to a mutal agreement or change. But you went nuclear. It was your website your rules. And the publicity of this is showing not to trust this site.

^THIS

edit: Thats what I am saying. Money is probably super tight. And they panic. The sad thing is - when you look who actually use premium, its most of the time the people they were disrespecting. The "we want all and want it now and free" crowd rarely has a membership. Its actually quiet hilarious.

before hearing of the major change from Kotaku and pcgamer and etc i didn't know there was issues with Nexus mod. I hop on when i see a new mod i like via youtubers using it

mikeburnfire for example.

If they honestly went "hey covid messed us up too. and while we havent talked about we are in dire need of additional funding" I would bet you a full paycheck. They would of got donations left right and center. hell i would of thrown money at them going "hey i use the site from time to time but here ya go man hope it helps"

They didn't. They went "we are the power. we are the authority. here is the new system. submit or die"

If they honestly went "hey covid messed us up too. and while we havent talked about we are in dire need of additional funding" I would bet you a full paycheck. They would of got donations left right and center. hell i would of thrown money at them going "hey i use the site from time to time but here ya go man hope it helps"

Donations go directly to mod authors and wouldn't have helped Nexus, but I'm going to presume you meant you would have bought a month or two of Premium.

So much GREED! Holy crap. You could at least been honest in how this was laid out.

I hope, sincerely hope, that every single one of the modders that are upset about this, will delete all your files and get the heck out of this place, while you still can, while you still have that option (assuming they're not lying about that as well).

It's not often we see companies being so greedy like this, showing so little respect and appreciation for the people who supplied 100% of the CONTENT on the site. Modders are the SOLE REASON you are alive. The sole reason you get any income at all. And now you are showing your middle finger to them with both hands. It's quite staggering, it really is.

Then closing comment sections everywhere relevant, and closing threads willy-nilly. Shocking this thread is still open, but maybe they prefer to have *one* thread open from time to time.

Presumably the mod authors' forum is rather hot at the moment as well. Or are they closing practically everything in there as well? Would have been interesting to see. Can't imagine people are in agreement.

What more will they have in store for us I wonder....

before hearing of the major change from Kotaku and pcgamer and etc i didn't know there was issues with Nexus mod. I hop on when i see a new mod i like via youtubers using it

mikeburnfire for example.

They didn't. They went "we are the power. we are the authority. here is the new system. submit or die"

OH MY GOSH - thats exactly what I said to some friends. THIS - SO SO MUCH!

I do wonder how their Patreon prices compare.

Curious what you mean by "patreon prices"? I've only ever seen the Donation Point patreon page and it's just a single tier, no benefits, straight donation to the DP pool setup.

Ah okay, so nothing really worth comparing then. Like I said earlier I haven't really looked into it. I knew that page was used for that, but wasn't sure how it all worked, because I never bothered to actually check it out. Guess I'll check it out later.

Edit: @zcul Yeah I think those were the ones, or at least one of them was. Don't have time to check right now, but I will later. Thanks.

Edited by Faelrin

In a lot ways, the bunny isn't wrong. It is a bit of an echo chamber in this thread.

People are frustrated and helpless. Let em cope. <3 I didnt even read bunny person's comment fully. I started, and after a view seconds...I just laughed and moved on. It's funny, telling people they don't move on, and yett adding here a comment. So...yeah...so much to moving on themselves. It's hypocricy at its best. Prime example of lack of empathy and in general, just probably simple trolling. This answer of me here will probably get again a huge long answer of Bunny thats just useless.(maybe I can trick them, by saying that, so they cant answer and might explode of frustration).

Exactly. I wasn't around when the announcement was initially made, so didn't get to participate in that thread before it was locked. I have been looking through it, though, and saw enough posts from... certain parties.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for this morning's announcement... I get that they need revenue to keep the employees paid and lights on. Frankly, I wouldn't blame them if they refused to service free accounts that use ad blockers - but of course if they did that, they'd be accused of selling mods when they're really just trying to cover the costs of serving them. Part of the recent word salad regarding collections involves some desire to increase the benefits shared with MAs, and bumping membership pricing may be a part of that.

Of course, that's easy for me to say since I got the lifetime membership deal. :thumbsup: