Trying to understand

MajorCyco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then he shouldn't have any issue using his own mods to be the guinea pigs. Unless, of course, its a question of time. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Look, NexusMods is a great website. He did good work. Where he f***ed up was the part where deliberately went against the wishes of some of the people who created what makes up the heart of this website: mods. I still don't think its unreasonable to ask that we retain control of our *mods. After all, what will happen to his website when mod authors decide not to upload our work here?

Also, what happens when a mod author that has mods in collections gets banned? Will Robin or his employees work with the Curators of his work to remove the mods?

It doesn't alter your mod in any way. It only downloads the mod, automates the installation and sets up the overwrite rules with any conflicting mods. Your mod files are not altered in any wa

Edited by KamariBVB

It doesn't alter your mod in any way. It only downloads the mod, automates the installation and sets up the overwrite rules with any conflicting mods. Your mod files are not altered in any way.

And if something goes wrong during the process of overwriting the rules? Or any other part? what then? He didn't seem to be positive he could pull this off in the announcement. And yet, from what I'm gathering, hes wondering why some of us have a problem with agreeing or not agreeing to contribute to something even he doesn't know exactly will turn out. i honestly don't know how else to get through to you or him.

It doesn't alter your mod in any way. It only downloads the mod, automates the installation and sets up the overwrite rules with any conflicting mods. Your mod files are not altered in any way.

And if something goes wrong during the process of overwriting the rules? Or any other part? what then? He didn't seem to be positive he could pull this off in the announcement. And yet, from what I'm gathering, hes wondering why some of us have a problem with agreeing or not agreeing to contribute to something even he doesn't know exactly will turn out. i honestly don't know how else to get through to you or him.

This shows that you have no idea what you are even talking about if you don't even understand overwrite rules.

Literally every single person who uses one of your mods with another mod that utilizes the same base assets will need to choose which mod wins. You will never control that unless every single thing in your mod is completely unique...in which case it won't matter for the collection either.

Y

This shows that you have no idea what you are even talking about if you don't even understand overwrite rules.

Look, its been a while since I've used a mod manager, okay? It has to do with how the manager decides which mod gets priority over another.

Y

Look, its been a while since I've used a mod manager, okay? It has to do with how the manager decides which mod gets priority over another. Also, I've lost sleep over this situation recently so I'm pretty fricken exhausted.

We want ot be able to delete our mods. And opt our mods out of the collections system. That is our stipulations for continuing to use this site. If someone thinks otherwise, by all emans speak up, but that's what I've gathered.

Am i wrong in thinking that no one yet knows exactly how this thing will work? Or if it will? Am i misremembering the post

They have a pretty good idea how it will work. There's still a beta phase that will fine tune it.

What they don't know is how successful it will be at bringing in new users. They aren't psychic, but they are optimistic. Optimistic enough to risk turning the whole place upside down over this.