Trying to understand

MajorCyco

You can't opt out of rival systems.

Wabbjack has a opt out system. https://github.com/wabbajack-tools/opt-out-lists

Once again, show me where I can opt my mods out of being downloaded by wabbajack.

You can't opt out of rival systems.

Wabbjack has a opt out system. https://github.com/wabbajack-tools/opt-out-lists

We really should rename the repo and the files. The file opt-out ran into several difficulties and it was discontinued in favor of less mechanical methods of ensuring modlist quality. The file that remains in there and that is regularly updated is our piracy control code. For several sites (GDrive, Mega, MediaFire) Wabbajack won't download any file unless it's been added to the allow list. This list is checked both during compilation and installation so it's quite impossible to use Wabbajack to install pirated files. Other sites, like VectorPlexus, LL and Nexus the entire site is allowed by default. But for the generic stites we approve files on a per-file basis.

Sorry for the confusion, we really should rename that repo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really should rename the repo and the files. The file opt-out ran into several difficulties and it was discontinued in favor of less mechanical methods of ensuring modlist quality. The file that remains in there and that is regularly updated is our piracy control code. For several sites (GDrive, Mega, MediaFire) Wabbajack won't download any file unless it's been added to the allow list. This list is checked both during compilation and installation so it's quite impossible to use Wabbajack to install pirated files. Other sites, like VectorPlexus, LL and Nexus the entire site is allowed by default. But for the generic stites we approve files on a per-file basis.

Ah, see that makes sense. Robin and BigBizKit have both stated that the API allows Wabbajack the same access that Vortex has. Which is pretty much everything, as I understand it.

Totally off-topic, but I have to ask while you're here: What convinced you to name a system that is supposed to produce identical results every time after a staff that produces a random result every time? Just enjoyed the irony?

Ah, see that makes sense. Robin and BigBizKit have both stated that the API allows Wabbajack the same access that Vortex has. Which is pretty much everything, as I understand it.

Totally off-topic, but I have to ask while you're here: What convinced you to name a system that is supposed to produce identical results every time after a staff that produces a random result every time? Just enjoyed the irony?

No actually, but that's hilarious I've never thought of it that way. I picked the name Wabbajack, (and my avatar of Sheo) mostly because it was a rarely used but known word in the Skyrim community and I knew whatever I built was going to cause a ton of chaos at first. But now, I think I like the irony better. :D

Its good to know and see folks still talking about pros/cons and also the few defending NM admiting "it should be fine to take things that arent theres as its on the interent and no one should listen to mod authors after they release the work" Im looking at you rabbit. No i dont care what you'll say. Read my sig and know your on it already.

I think one of the reasons this thead hasnt been closed down is because the "main thread" is locked not even 24 hours after it first was posted.

For folks going "the files can be hidden" The files can be hidden. but the new sytem will still pull it for usage. That isnt hidden the API system will know where it is so no matter who updates the mod to fix issues. Or removes stuff from a fellow author who helped make the mod (we all know the mod im talking about)

Yes Robin is being a JackDaw with the mods on the website.

Its all fun and games till the Wabbajack turns a guard into a troll

Edited by maxmanatarms

Its good to know and see folks still talking about pros/cons and also the few defending NM admiting "it should be fine to take things that arent theres as its on the interent and no one should listen to mod authors after they release the work" Im looking at you rabbit. No i dont care what you'll say. Read my sig and know your on it already.

Don't care. All you prove is you didn't read a word I said. Meaning, I am glad you blocked me because it means the conversation would have never gone anywhere with you. Also, pointing it out shows how mature you are .. aka not at all.

Edit: Honestly, it seems people here overuse the ignore function over disagreements, reminds me of twitter. I really don't understand what is so hard about having a conversation. I can understand ignoring people over petty insults or just plain trolling (actual trolling) ... but some users on this site ... no wonder nexus didn't bother telling you all to begin with. They probably were well aware of how some of you don't want to listen to anything but what is in agreement with you.

Also, I am going to make this clear for the rest of you. Ignoring those who disagree with you isn't going to lead to anything good. Why would anyone listen to what you have to say when you are unwilling to listen yourself? You might as well leave now. And I am not saying listen ... as in agree with me. But ignoring people you disagree with is not the way to do things, that just shows how insignificant you think your own arguments are that you don't even want to see someone point out what they disagree with.

Don't care. All you prove is you didn't read a word I said. Meaning, I am glad you blocked me because it means the conversation would have never gone anywhere with you. Also, pointing it out shows how mature you are .. aka not at all.

Edit: Honestly, it seems people here overuse the ignore function over disagreements, reminds me of twitter. I really don't understand what is so hard about having a conversation. I can understand ignoring people over petty insults or just plain trolling (actual trolling) ... but some users on this site ... no wonder nexus didn't bother telling you all to begin with. They probably were well aware of how some of you don't want to listen to anything but what is in agreement with you.

Also, I am going to make this clear for the rest of you. Ignoring those who disagree with you isn't going to lead to anything good. Why would anyone listen to what you have to say when you are unwilling to listen yourself? You might as well leave now. And I am not saying listen ... as in agree with me. But ignoring people you disagree with is not the way to do things, that just shows how insignificant you think your own arguments are that you don't even want to see someone point out what they disagree with.

I have no issue with those who disagree with me, I do have an issue with those who imply that I am mentally deficient for disagreeing with them. I do have an issue with people who lie to support their point. I do have an issue with people who take things out of context and twist them into something I never said. I do have an issue with people who step into the middle of a conversation, derail that conversation, and will not allow the conversation to get back on track.

This thread is titled "Trying to Understand". But you are not here to understand, or help others understand. You are here to defend Robin and convince those of us who disagree with Robin and his actions of the righteousness of your cause. You do not give two hoots about understanding. You are here under a false flag. In short, you are a troll.

It's interesting this is still going on. I would think those who disagree would have just moved on by now and left instead of constantly arguing back and forth over something that clearly isn't going to change.

But whatever, this will be the only reply from me.

Hey, Remember when you said this way back on Page 44, THREE DAYS ago that that was your only reply?

When are you planning on doing that?

I have no issue with those who disagree with me, I do have an issue with those who imply that I am mentally deficient for disagreeing with them. I do have an issue with people who lie to support their point. I do have an issue with people who take things out of context and twist them into something I never said. I do have an issue with people who step into the middle of a conversation, derail that conversation, and will not allow the conversation to get back on track.

This thread is titled "Trying to Understand". But you are not here to understand, or help others understand. You are here to defend Robin and convince those of us who disagree with Robin and his actions of the righteousness of your cause. You do not give two hoots about understanding. You are here under a false flag. In short, you are a troll.

Quote me where I did all of the things you are claiming. Quote where I implied someone is mentally deficient for disagreeing. Quote me where I am lying to support a point? Quote me where I am taking something out of context, or twisting something someone said. Quote me where I "derailed" the conversation. As I have said, the topic is about trying to understand, an I am giving my perspective on things just like anyone else here. Meaning it's not derailed, you just don't like what I have to say.

I am not here to defend Robin, I am here to defend the idea. As I have already stated, it could be any site ... and I would defend it all the same because I think it's a good idea. Also, I am not a troll. You all are more like trolls than me because all you ever do is comment with insults ad hominems ... and bulls***.

It's interesting this is still going on. I would think those who disagree would have just moved on by now and left instead of constantly arguing back and forth over something that clearly isn't going to change.

But whatever, this will be the only reply from me.

Hey, Remember when you said this way back on Page 44, THREE DAYS ago that that was your only reply?

When are you planning on doing that?

Hey .. remember you already added me to the ignore list? Isn't that done as a means to ignore me? When are you planning on doing that?