ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Uninstalled some follower mods, now PRIDs shifted and mod scripts not loading

JoeSchmoe6002

Are you redeploying and ENABLING the plugins on the plugins tab?

Also, go to SETTINGS---->VORTEX what does it say in the DEPLOYMENT METHOD box?

It should be HARDLINK

Vortex-Deployment-Method.jpg

Hardlink is set so we're all good there

To give a complete list of what I did, I hit "purge" and waited for that to finish, then deleted the data folder from the game files I found by "browsing local files" on Steam, then I verified game files, then after Steam finished downloading I went back into Vortex and hit "Deploy".

I didn't do anything to my plugins other than that, but it looks like they're all enabled anyways. Is there something I should be doing with plugins?

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After re-reading your OP again, all you have to do is start a new game, it's completely normal for the PRIDs to change when you add or remove mods like you did.

If you start a new game, the objects will have new Prids generated and they will be different than the Prids you were using before, that's how it works.

That's what makes the "Are you there?" mod so convenient, because it tells you from game to game, what the PRIDS are for the NPCs

After re-reading your OP again, all you have to do is start a new game, it's completely normal for the PRIDs to change when you add or remove mods like you did.

If you start a new game, the objects will have new Prids generated and they will be different than the Prids you were using before, that's how it works.

That's what makes the "Are you there?" mod so convenient, because it tells you from game to game, what the PRIDS are for the NPCs

Two issues I have with new games as well though are that:

A. even though AreYouThere can summon the NPC if I choose the option to do so, the PRID numbers listed to the side in the AreYouThere menu aren't accurate, and I'd prefer to look them up with PRID (since I just want to target them, not always bring them to me).

B. Even when I start a new game I'm still having the problem that when I use Another Life (mod A) to choose to start in another mod (mod B), it doesn't work. The screen fades to black then fades back in and I end up just in the same starting cell, but the statue is gone (as if I had taken the alternate start successfully).

This also occurs with other mods that try to transfer me to a separate mod. It seems like my mods aren't linked to one another even though they're able to detect that one another are installed.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

I'm still having the problem that when I use Another Life (mod A) to choose to start in another mod (mod B), it doesn't work. The screen fades to black then fades back in and I end up just in the same starting cell
This is obviously a mod conflict and has nothing to do with Vortex. Sounds like you need to make a patch.

Are you installing mods for Skyrim LE or for Skyrim SE?

Some people make that mistake

All mods I have should be for LE, same should be for the new ones I installed since this problem started

I'm still having the problem that when I use Another Life (mod A) to choose to start in another mod (mod B), it doesn't work. The screen fades to black then fades back in and I end up just in the same starting cell
This is obviously a mod conflict and has nothing to do with Vortex. Sounds like you need to make a patch.

Any idea how I'd go about troubleshooting this or detecting which mods are causing the problem?

All mods I have should be for LE, same should be for the new ones I installed since this problem started

Any idea how I'd go about troubleshooting this or detecting which mods are causing the problem?

If it's a mod conflict Vortex would be telling you about it.

AFAIK, Vortex won't detect if two plugins are conflicting. I would post my load order and ask here for support for LAL: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=posts

AFAIK, Vortex won't detect if two plugins are conflicting. I would post my load order and ask here for support for LAL: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=posts

Is Vortex reporting a MOD conflict or a plugin conflict?

Is Vortex reporting a MOD conflict or a plugin conflict?

Nope, other than the "Incompatible Mod Archive" that pops up whenever I open the plugins menu, but apparently that doesn't matter at all and I can ignore it (or so I was told previously)

What's confusing about this is that there wasn't any problem before I disabled the follower mods, and now for some reason there is one. I have no idea what prompted it.

I was just inputting PRID values to look up characters, and then suddenly out of nowhere the PRID values that were listed in AreYouThere stopped matching up w/ the actual values, and the other problem w/ the mods like Another Life also started. I can't remember if it was directly after a failed PRID lookup or if it was right after I disabled a mod and reloaded.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002