Anniversary Edition Skyrim: prospects for Fallout 4?

mkr1977

It would be a hell of a lot more interesting than fishing in skyrim to see the 76 version of the engine not being crippled by Online-Jank, especially since the signs point to it vastly improving the biggest performance issues in Fallout 4, like how shadows cripple performance in the city. (They don't seem to cause the same problem in 76's equally dense areas *and* they have much greater draw distance to boot.)

The volumetric lighting used in 76, while not as sophisticated as the Nvidia implementation used in Fallout 4, would also be a welcome change, no longer having to choose between the pixelation effect and a frankly unreasonable performance cost, similar to the Special Edition.

Edited by Radioactivelad

It would be a hell of a lot more interesting than fishing in skyrim to see the 76 version of the engine not being crippled by Online-Jank, especially since the signs point to it vastly improving the biggest performance issues in Fallout 4, like how shadows cripple performance in the city. (They don't seem to cause the same problem in 76's equally dense areas *and* they have much greater draw distance to boot.)

Is the new iteration of Skyim basically using the same engine as Fallout 76?

Other than the "next-gen" update, which can just mean unlocked framerates and higher resolutions, there is no indication that anything other than fishing has been added to the engine.

I think there was some other CC content included as well...... but, no idea just what it is.

How much you wanna bet that "next-gen" updates just mean better support for newer game consoles, the current models of Xbox and Playstation. I mean it's advertising speak, you only ever hear it in relation to "next-gen consoles", which just means "the latest model on the market" (i.e. the current gen).

Other than the "next-gen" update, which can just mean unlocked framerates and higher resolutions, there is no indication that anything other than fishing has been added to the engine.

The fishing alone will be enough to break SKSE and other mods, and then you just have to have fingers crossed mod authors are still around to update their mods.

How much you wanna bet that "next-gen" updates just mean better support for newer game consoles, the current models of Xbox and Playstation. I mean it's advertising speak, you only ever hear it in relation to "next-gen consoles", which just means "the latest model on the market" (i.e. the current gen).

That is literally what they said it was. Nothing else was indicated for that update.

The fishing alone will be enough to break SKSE and other mods, and then you just have to have fingers crossed mod authors are still around to update their mods.
That would be true of any update they made and always has been. SKSE is designed to break with any update.