End to Skyrim as we know it?

Moksha8088

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not good. But it is not a mod-apocalypse, either. Yes, SKSE64 will need an update, but that should happen relatively quickly. And yes, all .dll plugins will need an update/rewrite to accommodate the new compiler. But literally all regular plugin type mods will still work and not need updates. There will be no other changes.

The CC stuff it supposedly forces is only fishing. You have to pay for the other CC stuff as part of the update.

So yes, it's a pain. But we have been through worse (LE -> SE)

I have spent zero dollars on CC. It's the Bethesda equivalent of micro-transcations à la Genshin Impact, etc.

The End of Free Modding is coming

People have been claiming this for years but they never put a timeframe on it so they can continue to claim that it's going to happen and avoid admitting they were wrong.

Don't be a coward like the rest of the soothsayers, say when it will happen.

and Content Development will become cheap and underpayed as well

It already is and has been for some time.

You don't have to buy the anniversary edition.

Edit: Just read that Bethesda is going to patch SE with AE >_>. It's like they know people are going to avoid buying AE lol.

Aside from the incoming mod apocalypse this will cause, I'm also a bit upset that for as much as they like rererererereleasing this game, they wont actually add anything *new* or even fix bugs.

So it would seem all mods I'm working on now will have to be released for Skyrim original which Bethesda has long abandoned and has no need to recompile for no reason.

Edited by Rasikko