Slof's mods withdrawn?

Frodric

I have now had some time to think about this.

I am positive that the person who has caused her to leave is me. As the post she made she said basically it was someone who said on Bethesda Forums that her stuff was a bit girly who was "supposedly a fan". Which was me.

But she has failed to either read or take into consideration the circumstances of my post.

Someone was asking for good male armours and I pointed him to Slofs stuff and said that its the best stuff in the community but that its a "bit girly" so might not be to his tastes.

By girly I meant flamboyant, frilly, and colourful, which is not untrue or insulting - some of her stuff by her own admission is that way. It wasnt meant as an insult and the context of the thread had she bothered to read would have shown that. I dont understand how she has taken it to be that way.

She KNOWS im pretty much her biggest fan on the forums - im always talking about how good she is and her stuff is and I have never anywhere said that I dont or didnt like the style of her stuff. I always rec her stuff whenever someone asks for good male stuff.

That combined with the context of the thread she should have known that I wasnt meaning it as an insult or talking her stuff or her down in any way. The only way I can think that she has taken it that way is that she hasnt read the thread or my post in its entirety or my later post that I made to clarify what i meant by "girly" and has jumped to a very wrong conclusion.

A moderator in the forums nudged me and said that while he/she knew i wasnt being insulting that saying its "a bit girly" could be taken that way and perhaps I should clarify what i meant. So thats what I did. I posted apologising and explained what I meant.

I am actually quite annoyed because if its true that it was what i said, that i am the reason for her departure. Then I have to say its a pretty pathetic reason; and its no small part insulting to me because everyone who has ever seen me post in the bethesda forums or on here KNOWS im a big fan of slofs work.

Its entirely unfair to blame me for it when its more the fact that she misunderstood and jumped to the wrong conclusion. And if she really felt that what I had posted was meant badly why didnt she just pm me to pull me up for it? Why throw what amounts to a strop and storm out of the community in what I can only describe as a giant huff?

And its really upset me that I am getting the blame for it even if she isnt "naming names" - anyone who seen that post or my subsequent posts will now know that it's me she is getting at; I knew right away myself. I was absolutely gutted that it was apparently my fault; and now with some time to think about it I feel pretty annoyed and upset about it - I felt like someone had punched me when i read that post she made.

Im not trying to kick off a flame war or anything. I just had to get this off my chest

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, let's get a few things straight here. Firstly, I've been avoiding the forums, so I've not been around very much. Whatever I end up doing in the future, I need time out right now. If it seems like I've not responded, that is why - been losing myself in gaming and enjoying my lads.

Yes, your comment went some way to spark this off, but it was not that alone. It was just one more drop in an ocean of insults that were getting me down. While I appreciate you recommending my stuff (not that he ever replied back with so much as a thanks), was it really necessary to add the 'girly' comment at all? Why not leave it with the 'if you don't mind sexy gear'? Or say some stuff may not be to his/her taste? That really was all that was needed. It was like a compliment followed by a slap in the face.

Your post wasn't the only spark that ignited this, but it was a deciding factor in the great scheme of things. The last straw in a great big heap of straws that has been mounting up for year after year after year.

I may share my mods again. I don't know right now - all I want for the moment is to be left alone. If I do, then I still will be staying distant from the community. Until the human race grows the hell up a bit and realises that not all of us are obsessed with females or afraid to look down in case we notice our own genitals, I am keeping my distance. I don't subscribe to this (mostly American) puritan outlook where violence is fine but whatever you do, don't show skin! What an arse-about-face view of things. The body is not something to be ashamed of. You don't see animals - not even our closest relatives - trying to hide their bodies.

I have never had any such feelings about bodies. To me they are beautiful, amazing pieces of natural engineering, something to admire, not be ashamed of. On top of this, I am a straight woman who loves men. Therefore, is it really any surprise I make mods for male characters? MY male characters. I mod for me first and foremost. I choose to share them because I like doing that - or did.

Why then do I have to suffer insults for it, just because it's male stuff? People who use male characters are just as entitled to dress them up as the female users. If I was gay, as I am often called, wouldn't I be making female stuff or drooling over the boobie mods instead?

Perhaps in future, when mentioning a mod or series of mods, consider first what you say. Consider that the modder could take it either way, not bothered or upset. It can all depend on the modder's frame of mind at the time. Mine has been poor due to continuing ill health. Therefore, I felt like a dog being further kicked while already down.

I hope that clears things up. I had to get this of my chest as well.

And on that note, this discussion is over.

Slof, you shall have that peace and quiet to mend.

Be well my friend.

Buddah

>CLOSED<

Archived