Slof's mods withdrawn?

Frodric

In my oppinion trolls are just being vindictive about other peoples talent because they have no talent themselves. When they learn to use Blender/GIMP/PhotoShop/CS etc then they have the right to say if a mod is good or bad.

OT: I believe Helborne has also left. There's a new Helborne about but I don't know if it's the same person.

Quality of the mod, perhaps. There is no such thing as a 'bad' mod in my eyes, only ones that appeal to certain people. When a mod doesn't work, then it just simply doesn't work. To be bad then you're saying the concept behind the mod is bad, and saying that the person's idea was bad. I can use photoshop, I can use GIMP, and was able to use Blender before it started hating my computer. I NEVER say that a mod that has crappy models, even crappy textures, is bad. I comment on the fact they could be improved. BAD would be to not have any there at all.

Sorry if that seems to be a rant, just thought I'd explain how I see things.

Reason for most of these things is I know how it feels to be a new modder. If someone that had been doing it for a while just said that a low-quality mod was bad, you'd be a little more discouraged than if they told you it needed to be improved, since you'd HOPEFULLY already know that.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's times like this that I regret not visiting the Oblivion boards more often (I too have stopped modding, though for different reasons) - I only just heard this news.

Alienslof, if you still check up on this thread, I don't believe we have ever spoken, but I am extremely sorry to hear about this. While some of your mods weren't to my personal taste, there were others which I had to install before I would even consider starting Oblivion - many of them were truly excellent. I should have said this long ago, but thank you for making your works available, it certainly made my games of Oblivion significantly more fun.

:thanks:

I am sorry to hear that, obviously I wasn't fully aware of the other reasons. I had all of your work and enjoyed using it, I even checked with you after your leave to make sure I had everything, I'm still sorry that I won't get to see your last works.

Since it's already out there.. I've never viewed most the BGS forum moderators as real fans of the community. That is my opinion and it's not to say all of them aren't, they have let a lot slide on my part, but seeing as the problem occurred over there, though it would likely have happened here, too.. I see the moderators here, AS, bben, Buddah, Dark0ne and L as very dedicated members of the community.

In my oppinion trolls are just being vindictive about other peoples talent because they have no talent themselves. When they learn to use Blender/GIMP/PhotoShop/CS etc then they have the right to say if a mod is good or bad.

OT: I believe Helborne has also left. There's a new Helborne about but I don't know if it's the same person.

Quality of the mod, perhaps. There is no such thing as a 'bad' mod in my eyes, only ones that appeal to certain people. When a mod doesn't work, then it just simply doesn't work. To be bad then you're saying the concept behind the mod is bad, and saying that the person's idea was bad. I can use photoshop, I can use GIMP, and was able to use Blender before it started hating my computer. I NEVER say that a mod that has crappy models, even crappy textures, is bad. I comment on the fact they could be improved. BAD would be to not have any there at all.

Sorry if that seems to be a rant, just thought I'd explain how I see things.

Reason for most of these things is I know how it feels to be a new modder. If someone that had been doing it for a while just said that a low-quality mod was bad, you'd be a little more discouraged than if they told you it needed to be improved, since you'd HOPEFULLY already know that.

From my point of view, i dont care what any of you know or dont know about modding unless im looking for help with a mod of my own. You never have the right to decide if a mod is good or bad except for what your putting onto your own machine. Get out of my game already. I want a list of mods with a description, a list of technical issues with each one, and a way to suggest improvements. What anyone has to say about the mods rating is 0 value and only gets in my way. Especially if that rating system does anything to hinder the number of mods and modders available. The rating system has never influenced my decision to download, i dont even look at it. I look at category, intended changes, technical problems, conflicts with other mods, and any pictures included.

I see mods as what some other person has done to improve their own personal game. And then they were gracious enough to share with the rest of us. Thats the end of it.

I'm officially upset.

Everyone suffers because of the asininity of the few, and it's not like we can go track them down and beat the crap out of them.

as am i

i really do love her mods but its her choice

its a shame some people cant see how much work and effoit people put into mods its really annoying and sad

DCasey

I feel I should clarify my statement.

What I meant was that the only people who have the right to donwrate a mod are people who have made mods themselves (and therefore should know better than to discourage another modder just for sharing their work).

By good or bad what I meant was "does it do what it says on the tin?".

Either thumbs up or thumbs down I say!! :thumbsup:

I believe Dark0ne is already looking into changing the file rating system to resemble the ImageShare rating system. But I could be wrong.

OFFTOPIC

seeing as the problem occurred over there, though it would likely have happened here, too.

The issue would have been handled differently here though. We would not have treated Jannix as a criminal. It would have been more of an educational issue than anything else. For example, look at this thread that deals with the similar issues surrounding Jannix (except it wasn't DLC content): Crysis Nano Suit

- Post 276: My initial contact about the rules

- Post 279: Clarification about uploading

- Post 289: Fan art discussion

- Post 300: Business and Respect

Either thumbs up or thumbs down I say!! :thumbsup:

I believe Dark0ne is already looking into changing the file rating system to resemble the ImageShare rating system. But I could be wrong.

That's the plan but it is a major change and takes time to ensure it gets done right. Can't go "oops" two weeks after-the-fact for a boo-boo that affected every mod on the site. ;)

/OFFTOPIC

LHammonds

Archived