Slof's mods withdrawn?

Frodric

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alienslof, one of our moderators is "Slof".

No, Dezi is a totally different person......Slof is unique in her own way and much more mature (age).

Slof is from the UK and Dezi if memory serves is from the east coast Chesapeake Bay area, Dezi do correct me if I am wrong on that.

Buddah

Alienslof, one of our moderators is "Slof".

No, Dezi is a totally different person......Slof is unique in her own way and much more mature (age).

Slof is from the UK and Dezi if memory serves is from the east coast Chesapeake Bay area, Dezi do correct me if I am wrong on that.

Buddah

actually I live by lake Michigan on the Ill/wisconsin border.

I have to say that I personally wouldn't have expected the phrase `a bit "girly"' to be seen as offensive (or implying gayness), so I feel for ganoesparan06. However, somebody was offended and it would be pointless and impertinent to say they shouldn't have been.

It's a matter of how individuals perceive how others express themselves informally, which can be hard to gauge if your only contact with other people is through online forums. I suppose all anyone can do is apologise after the fact if somebody does get upset (as ganoesparan06 gamely did). Nobody surely wants threads to look like lawyers' drafts.

I have to say that I personally wouldn't have expected the phrase `a bit "girly"' to be seen as offensive (or implying gayness), so I feel for ganoesparan06. However, somebody was offended and it would be pointless and impertinent to say they shouldn't have been.

It's a matter of how individuals perceive how others express themselves informally, which can be hard to gauge if your only contact with other people is through online forums. I suppose all anyone can do is apologize after the fact if somebody does get upset (as ganoesparan06 gamely did). Nobody surely wants threads to look like lawyers' drafts.

Nor would she probably have if circumstances aren't as they are. I've had things irritate/offend me before that normally wouldn't, and if you haven't, I'd like to know what you're doing to keep yourself on the same emotional level at all times and in every situation life throws at you.

Nor would she probably have if circumstances aren't as they are. I've had things irritate/offend me before that normally wouldn't, and if you haven't, I'd like to know what you're doing to keep yourself on the same emotional level at all times and in every situation life throws at you.

I entirely agree, and I am aware of Slof's health issues. If you're feeling down and vulnerable it doesn't take much. I've had episodes of clinical depression in the past so I do know what you mean.

Archived