Slof's mods withdrawn?

Frodric

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just dropping this in, though i never post much here.

what power a few people have now to harm the tes mod community. slofs removal hurts all of us. im able to put together a fresh collection of everything i knew of from other places like fileplanet... but now we have to trade amongst each other for when machines fail behind closed doors... this somehow doesnt feel like the RIGHT decision. Something obviously had to be done to deal with abusers, but this wasnt the right thing.

I would like to see a site with stricter rules, stronger requirements for membership, and something different from the rating system. The only use i have for comments is to scan for common errors, bugs, and technical problems users would have from mod to mod so i know what issue to be careful of as i try out new things. Personal opinions of a mods value to the game is worthless. What I personally think of a mods value to the game is the only thing that matters and is none of anyone elses business. There should be a way to report technical issues, and a way to make modification requests. The right to do either should somehow be earned, not open by default.

I'm not sure if its legal, but I would pay to subscribe to a community of protected modders. It would probably not be possible to do, but if you had a system where people payed for entrance, and that money supported the restrictions against trolling, and benefited the modders for their work on the side that would be kinda fun.

just dropping this in, though i never post much here.

what power a few people have now to harm the tes mod community. slofs removal hurts all of us. im able to put together a fresh collection of everything i knew of from other places like fileplanet... but now we have to trade amongst each other for when machines fail behind closed doors... this somehow doesnt feel like the RIGHT decision. Something obviously had to be done to deal with abusers, but this wasnt the right thing.

I would like to see a site with stricter rules, stronger requirements for membership, and something different from the rating system. The only use i have for comments is to scan for common errors, bugs, and technical problems users would have from mod to mod so i know what issue to be careful of as i try out new things. Personal opinions of a mods value to the game is worthless. What I personally think of a mods value to the game is the only thing that matters and is none of anyone elses business. There should be a way to report technical issues, and a way to make modification requests. The right to do either should somehow be earned, not open by default.

I'm not sure if its legal, but I would pay to subscribe to a community of protected modders. It would probably not be possible to do, but if you had a system where people payed for entrance, and that money supported the restrictions against trolling, and benefited the modders for their work on the side that would be kinda fun.

This site does have pretty strict rules, and you'll maybe have noticed how quickly the mods jump on transgressors -- someone gets hit with the ban-stick almost every day (often F3 newcomers who haven't realised how strict this place is about trolling & abuse). It's always going to be a whack-a-mole game though, and that probably would be the case even on a paid website unless the entry fee was onerously high, in which case it wouldn't have many members. I think this place generally does OK; the Slof situation doesn't seem to happen often, and of course it was a comment on another website that triggered that.

As for the rating system, I'm personally not sure how worthwhile this is. I tend to judge a mod's worth by the comments it receives (as well as generally looking over the description, pics etc), rather than ratings. I suspect people are a bit scared to rate a mod really badly in case they fall foul of the strike/ban system for trash-rating. Just my own opinion though.

The way I rate mods is such:

I rate it on how well it accomplishes its goal.

In the case of a weapon, if it works flawlessly and the textures and models are right, I'll give it a ten.

Even if I don't like it, I don't let that affect the rating. I really hadn't seen a rule on how the ratings are supposed to be given, but I think an easy fix would be instead of 'rate this mod' make it something along the lines of 'rate this mod on how well it accomplishes said goal'

IMHO, fairly simple text fix and maybe a line added after saying that you rate the mod on how well the modder has done, not how much you like it.

"..make it something along the lines of 'rate this mod on how well it accomplishes said goal'"

Yeah I think that would be better.

Ideally, a list of specified qualities each to be given marks out of ten would be another approach, but that would mean more complicated page scripting (and more work for Dark0ne -- I'm still hoping they'll sometime fix the text in the file listings in TESnexus so it works better in Firefox :biggrin: )

...Jannix Quinn - Giskard - slof ... I Wonder who's next?

The Priest, creator of gates to aessegarrd Nearly quit modding about 3 months ago, but thank god he didn't.

Slof was generous to me when I used to be a troll ( not completely but I Wasn't a good mouth. lol) about a year ago when she did not ban me like every one else, and for that I am thankful.

although most of slof's mods were too adult for me ( yup, I'm 13 ) I Loved the mods that I Downloaded from her creations. I saw her other "Adult" Works and I could have thought something like this would happen. with the majority of gamers being male and thinking that her Mods are offensive, Tell me, how does a woman feel by seeing the "other" female offensive mods out there Standing naked in a city and posing seductively in a non-respectful manner?

all this fans do is to repel Real modders and add useless ones in exchange. just take a look at the latest files section every day in both FO3 nexus and TES nexus. every day hundreds of useless mods get added, Who uses a PINK CRAB? or PINK POWER ARMOR?

seeing that these modders are gone makes me Angry, and further makes me think, What will happen to me once I Reach 1/2 of their modding state?

Good job ES Community, Keep going and open your bigmouths when you shouldn't and close them Where you should.

Jannix Quinn - Giskard - slof ... I Wonder who's next?

...all this fans do is to repel Real modders and add useless ones in exchange.

I disagree with views you've stated in the past directed at the adult-themed mods, Ihoe, but this is a valid statement. The top modders do seem to be the biggest targets sometimes and it's rare when anyone volunteers to help beginner modders (or so called, "useless modders...") to make actual improvements to their work once they have already uploaded.

however, Jannix Quinn leaving had nothing to do with the members of the community, I'm not keen on Giskard's work at all or his reason for resigning

I don't care enough to psychoanalyze why people feel the need to say these negative things while on the internet, therefore I don't get mad about it. I don't think it makes anyone look good being a troll with nothing good to say about anything.. I simply call it sad, or better yet, it makes them look like sorry human beings. For the most part people expect to get back what intentions they give out. These trolls only want to ruin your positive outlook, about anything if they could. It's crooked :turned:

Also, I understand that you're venting, but try not to insult the entire community, like you did with the last sentence of your post, man. Let the trolls win the battle if we must, but don't let them win the war. Becoming one is completely succumbing to them, try to chill out, not everything is as bad as it seems.

In my oppinion trolls are just being vindictive about other peoples talent because they have no talent themselves. When they learn to use Blender/GIMP/PhotoShop/CS etc then they have the right to say if a mod is good or bad.

OT: I believe Helborne has also left. There's a new Helborne about but I don't know if it's the same person.

Jannix Quinn - Giskard - slof ... I Wonder who's next?

...all this fans do is to repel Real modders and add useless ones in exchange.

I disagree with views you've stated in the past directed at the adult-themed mods, Ihoe, but this is a valid statement. The top modders do seem to be the biggest targets sometimes and it's rare when anyone volunteers to help beginner modders (or so called, "useless modders...") to make actual improvements to their work once they have already uploaded.

however, Jannix Quinn leaving had nothing to do with the members of the community, I'm not keen on Giskard's work at all or his reason for resigning

I don't care enough to psychoanalyze why people feel the need to say these negative things while on the internet, therefore I don't get mad about it. I don't think it makes anyone look good being a troll with nothing good to say about anything.. I simply call it sad, or better yet, it makes them look like sorry human beings. For the most part people expect to get back what intentions they give out. These trolls only want to ruin your positive outlook, about anything if they could. It's crooked :turned:

Also, I understand that you're venting, but try not to insult the entire community, like you did with the last sentence of your post, man. Let the trolls win the battle if we must, but don't let them win the war. Becoming one is completely succumbing to them, try to chill out, not everything is as bad as it seems.

I can tell you exactly why some people troll.

It makes them laugh. Plain and simple.

The way I rate mods is such:

I rate it on how well it accomplishes its goal.

In the case of a weapon, if it works flawlessly and the textures and models are right, I'll give it a ten.

Even if I don't like it, I don't let that affect the rating. I really hadn't seen a rule on how the ratings are supposed to be given, but I think an easy fix would be instead of 'rate this mod' make it something along the lines of 'rate this mod on how well it accomplishes said goal'

IMHO, fairly simple text fix and maybe a line added after saying that you rate the mod on how well the modder has done, not how much you like it.

this is how i rate

if i liek ti i add one to the rating

i fit work si add five more

it it works flawlessly (or close to it) it gets a 9 or a ten

i dont rat eoften though

Archived