Slof's mods withdrawn?

Frodric

@ Alien slof and mavrosh. Never be detered by those who practice any kind of bias and or bigotry on any level or in any artform.They are the minority that still dwells in the "Dark Ages", the witch burners and those that are afraid of their own sexuality.

You both exemplify what your art means to you and why you do it. We that love you both and your work will always love and respect you for it because we understand and respect your right to create and choose what you like.

Please be at peace and never forget that the majority of us support your work and what you stand for and believe. Dezdimona

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am only new to Oblivion, introduced by a few friends and am close to addicted, and just getting into mods. Its a real shame though from what i hear to have to say goodbye to all those good mods.....if anyone does have any by chance sould they send it to me???

Not on your life. Clearly Slof has taken control of them and pulled them and that is her prerogative. Be mad at the people who can't mind their own business.

Well actually she just doesn't want them uploaded anywhere, i can't see her having a problem with people passing them around privately because the only ones who are going to do so are those that already have her mods and those that wish to obtain them.

I am only new to Oblivion, introduced by a few friends and am close to addicted, and just getting into mods. Its a real shame though from what i hear to have to say goodbye to all those good mods.....if anyone does have any by chance sould they send it to me???

Not on your life. Clearly Slof has taken control of them and pulled them and that is her prerogative. Be mad at the people who can't mind their own business.

Well actually she just doesn't want them uploaded anywhere, i can't see her having a problem with people passing them around privately because the only ones who are going to do so are those that already have her mods and those that wish to obtain them.

I don't think so. We should get clarification.

A little clarification:

Sharing files individually is one thing, the uploading of her or anyone's work without permission is not allowed.

Reasoning is, no one knows except those involved and their is no way to police that type of activity.

Alienslof is a sharing person and continues to be, she did not change her terms of use or permissions on the use of her creations, she has merely withdrawn to a more peaceful existance until a time of her choosing to possibly returning to a more public profile.

Will she be back, that is her choice.....Will she share (publicly), again that is her choice.

Let your conscience be your guide, in your heart you will know what is right.

Peace to all.

Buddah

Damn

I like her mods.

Maybe not the male armour stuff but then obviously she and other people do enjoy it.

I prefer her re-textures like for the khajiit and dremora, the horses and the like.

The sheogorath outfit remake is certainly well done and the design makes sense (This and the sheogorath eyes from beautiful people make a perfect match for the perfect sheogorath look)

Still, it's up to Slof with what she wants to do with her own mods.

I'd suggest though that Slof's mods are only available through asking for it in an E-mail and receiving it in a reply.

I just hope I don't have to re-install Oblivion any time soon, there'd be a big gap where her mods used to be.

The comments that drove me away were actually not in PM's or mails. If only they were - private communications can be easily ignored, but when my work is dissed in public, that is when I take exception. This time it was a comment on Beth's forums after someone had asked about male-specific mods. Indeed, the comment was made by one who has posted here, believe it or not. I will not name names - I'm sure he can figure it out for himself. That the comment came from a supposed fan, one who should know better, is what really hurt. Someone I thought actually appreciated my work, given his tastes. The comment went along the lines of 'if you don't mind 'sexy' male gear, Slof's stuff is good, but some of it is a bit girly.

I mean, was that really necessary? Perhaps if more people simply said 'some might not be to taste' - surely better than specific insults, eh? I cater for all tastes (except female clothes), some of my stuff is animals.

Um that was me on the Elder Scrolls forums.

*sad face*

If thats what drove you off them im even more gutted cos im like number one fan boy over here.

Someone was looking for male armours and i posted that your stuff was great as long as he didnt mind that and I quote "dont mind sexified male gear, but some of it it is a bit "girly" i suppose so it might not be entirely to your taste"...

Perhaps it was the wrong choice of word clearly if you have taken it as badly as you have. But I did put "girly" in quotation marks to illustrate that I didnt mean it bad as such. Im really sorry though. Really didnt mean it horribly.

I just meant that a lot of your stuff is really revealing, some of it really flamboyant, and some of it really well camp. I wasnt saying it was bad - frankly I love it all and you should know I do. I bam up your stuff all the time. I just meant that it isnt to every persons taste thats all.

And a mod pointed out to me that it COULD be taken badly and edited it out for me and gave me a nudge for it. Im sure I posted saying something along the lines of "my bad!"

If this is why you have left - god I think im gonna become the most hated guy in the Elder Scrolls modding forums. I'm so sorry.

EDIT:

I really hope that it isnt the reason you left. Cos if it is then god someone shoot me now. *cries*

If it was me why didnt you message me to kick my ass for being a prat? :(

The comments that drove me away were actually not in PM's or mails. If only they were - private communications can be easily ignored, but when my work is dissed in public, that is when I take exception. This time it was a comment on Beth's forums after someone had asked about male-specific mods. Indeed, the comment was made by one who has posted here, believe it or not. I will not name names - I'm sure he can figure it out for himself. That the comment came from a supposed fan, one who should know better, is what really hurt. Someone I thought actually appreciated my work, given his tastes. The comment went along the lines of 'if you don't mind 'sexy' male gear, Slof's stuff is good, but some of it is a bit girly.

I mean, was that really necessary? Perhaps if more people simply said 'some might not be to taste' - surely better than specific insults, eh? I cater for all tastes (except female clothes), some of my stuff is animals.

Um that was me on the Elder Scrolls forums.

*sad face*

If thats what drove you off them im even more gutted cos im like number one fan boy over here.

Someone was looking for male armours and i posted that your stuff was great as long as he didnt mind that and I quote "dont mind sexified male gear, but some of it it is a bit "girly" i suppose so it might not be entirely to your taste"...

Perhaps it was the wrong choice of word clearly if you have taken it as badly as you have. But I did put "girly" in quotation marks to illustrate that I didnt mean it bad as such. Im really sorry though. Really didnt mean it horribly.

I just meant that a lot of your stuff is really revealing, some of it really flamboyant, and some of it really well camp. I wasnt saying it was bad - frankly I love it all and you should know I do. I bam up your stuff all the time. I just meant that it isnt to every persons taste thats all.

And a mod pointed out to me that it COULD be taken badly and edited it out for me and gave me a nudge for it. Im sure I posted saying something along the lines of "my bad!"

If this is why you have left - god I think im gonna become the most hated guy in the Elder Scrolls modding forums. I'm so sorry.

EDIT:

I really hope that it isnt the reason you left. Cos if it is then god someone shoot me now. *cries*

If it was me why didnt you message me to kick my ass for being a prat? :(

Don't beat yourself up too much, I know what can happen as a result.

I can semi-relate to her situation. You were the one that caused her to break. If things were better for her, which I wish they were, then chances are she would have slapped you for what you said.

I know that I've been in situations where one thing that was usually minor causes me to go over the edge.

This is what I, and I'm sure she, will truly appreciate about your post:

You're genuinely not against her, and you were responsible enough to admit your wrongdoing and ask her forgiveness. If it counts for anything, you've earned my respect from showing you are man enough to admit that you were the one and ask to be forgiven.

This is what I, and I'm sure she, will truly appreciate about your post:

You're genuinely not against her, and you were responsible enough to admit your wrongdoing and ask her forgiveness. If it counts for anything, you've earned my respect from showing you are man enough to admit that you were the one and ask to be forgiven.

Indeed.it takes a big person to swallow their pride and step up and take blame for something done and or said.We all have made mistakes.Move on and remember to use tact on any and all comments in the future.

It's nice to see you at least post Slof. It gives a sense of closure I suppose. I for one will direly miss your mods, but I understand your decision and wish you well. You will always be a TES modding legend. I at least still have many of your Morrowind Mods, but I'm missing some of your Oblivion mods that I really enjoyed. On the bright side I found an old version of the Goth Store that I backed up on a flash drive, and forgot I did! YAY! :D Unfortunately I am still missing quite a few of your mods that I lost during my Data Folder wipe months ago. Still I'm grateful for what I have, and I was very happy to find that I had The Goth Shop on a flash drive.

Anyways, again you have my best wishes Slof. :)

@Ganoesparan

That was a very mature and kind gesture to apologize. I respect you for it. It also goes to show the point Myrmaad got across to me in this thread. Even if there is no ill-intent in ones words, you need to be careful about what you say, and just simply respect, and accept things as they are. If you make a comment without putting much thought into it, and I'm sure we're all guilty of doing this at one time or another, I certainly am. You can inadvertently hit a cord with someone you respect. I really am impressed with your gesture however. Recognizing a mistake and owning up to it is the only way to truly grow. :)

Archived