Your longest fight

Argomirr

My characters are typically almost always good (no theft, murders, or evil guilds, always make morally good choices). So, I have to release my stress somehow. I once turned the difficulty way down and went on a rampage through cyrodiil (every city, town (any habitable area) and killed everyone I could find that actually were killable. Took about two hours before I was satisfied. Went through a LOT of health potions and repair hammers though.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current character, from whom I stole my forum name is a mage that's been having a lot of cheap kills recently. I was trying my hand at the mages guild for the first time, and as soon as I got in to the university I downloaded the mod to allow me to enchant spell resistance into my clothes, easily giving my already resistant breton 100%. This means I'm entirely unaffected by magic, of any kind. However, it does not mean my magic is effective against others

Dunmer have fire Resistance. I'm a pyro, so my spells are almost all fire area spells. imagine my horror when a group of dunmer bandits descends upon my unknowing little man. I was churning out 50 ft. 40 damage spells into them and only coming out with 10 damage each time, whcih meant they took a long time to kill. when my magicka ran out, I started punching them. my shield spells were in place, so nothing really hurt me enough that I couldn't heal it quickly, but I soon found out the punching was more effective.

also more annoying.

finally, about 25 minutes later, I'm looking at 3 dunmer corpses and thinking to myself I need to get some frost spells.

You could turn Dunmer fire resistance to weakness by the way. Simply buy a spell that's named Weakness to Fire. If you've you've got a high enough Destruction skill, you could turn that 75% Dunmer resistance into a 0% weakness or 25%. Incase you really stick with fire.

Also, if your a mage, support your fighting skill, cuz some enemies have spell absorption or immunity or whatever. A blade/blunt/HTH skill is really required for dire situations that disallow external use of magicka.

You could turn Dunmer fire resistance to weakness by the way. Simply buy a spell that's named Weakness to Fire. If you've you've got a high enough Destruction skill, you could turn that 75% Dunmer resistance into a 0% weakness or 25%. Incase you really stick with fire.

Also, if your a mage, support your fighting skill, cuz some enemies have spell absorption or immunity or whatever. A blade/blunt/HTH skill is really required for dire situations that disallow external use of magicka.

*Blink Blink* that was impressive, thank you. as I said I haven't been playing very long so this is certainly a good Idea. I'll be sure to get a weakness spell for fire, and make a better one for myself

It turns out trying to kill Umbra at level 7 as a cheap way to get a good sword was a bad idea. Took me quite a while and a lot of healing magicka.

I myself have a level 1 solution to that one. There's a little ledge where the guard rail up above has collapsed, and up against the wall there's a few ledges that you can make use of to stand on. she'll continually run against the base of it, unable to reach it as you rain fire down on her, and every once in a while she'll run around to the ledge where you are, on top. don't worry, the ledge will protect you.

I did this with that piddly little flare spell the first time I tried a warrior, and it took quite a few save games to figure out where she couldn't reach me, but it worked and I had the best sword anywhere

EDIT: ya know, I suppose that would be my longest fight, but it wasn't a fight so much as a... well, target practice

I did the Grey Prince's quest just to see what it was. Came back, turned up the difficulty all the way, and took him out with my fisties. I went in at Hand-to-Hand 17, came out as a 20-something in it.

my longest, either myself (mainly because I was trying to get another copy of goldbrand...or umbra...or whatever the hell I had as a weapon).

Or this one time at really high level (35ish) against 3 or so bandits, problem was, they snuck up on me after I used up all my fatigue on the previous bandits, so they tripped me repeatedly, I couldn't do anything to stop them. Eventually, since I had escution of chorral (best. shield. EVER) and amulet of maces equiped (training blunt for fun) I managed to kill them with my damage reflect. I didn't use a single health potion, and the funny thing is that I barely noticed any health decrease by the end.

Mine was 3 leveled ogres in one of the last fighters guild quests at level 4 or something and all i had was a steel claymore and no fatigue but i figured that as long as i kept running backwards in circles slashing away with the claymore i could kill them :P

I got some good stuff from doing those quests really early on.