⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Funniest kill

Argomirr

I was playing drunk one time and while I was in the great forest I was shooting at deer with my bow. They started running so I randomly shot an arrow into the distance through trees and I managed to kill one. When I found it there was an arrow lodged up it's rear end and since I was drunk it was the funniest thing ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I can recall is from my newest build. I was doing Hircine's quest to kill the unicorn. With companions. The little bastard kept hearing my companion and bolting. So I thought "I'll fix you." and left to up my destruction skill. I finally get it to 100 and get Midas' Nuclear Blast spell. "I'm huntin' unicowns, <elmerfuddlaugh>." I say as I sit on a rock a distance away from the grove. When I get a good aim on him I let the spell fly. The unicorn got hit dead on, and flew straight up over the level of the trees. The spell took out two grove minotaurs that happened to be standing around as well. I LMAO thinking "Yeah, I'm sure that's what Hircine had in mind when he gave me this quest."

tl;dr - nukes + unicorns = lol

My funniest kill has to be on myself. I had over 3000 speed and ran into a rock halfway between Bravil and Cheydinhal. I bounced off of this rock and flew above the clouds, falling to my death on the other side of Cheydinhal.

My funniest death was similar: While running around with the fast-but-not-abnormal speed of 103, one of my buff spells wore off, which for some reason caused my character to flop around as if I'd been killed/drained of fatigue. This strange ragdolling has happened before when feather/strength spells wore off, but this time was different...I was currently heading down the ramp from the entrance to the Imperial City (with Unique Landscapes on, so it was more like a cliff with walkways down). I ended up flying off of the edge of the cliff and faceplanted on the bridge several dozen meters away. Needless to say, the fall killed me.

Hmm. This has spoilers.

So, there I was. The Imperial City in flames. Hordes of Daedra spilling out of Oblivion Gates. I met Mehrunes Dagon. I tried dashing past him, with my speed of 100. Dagon swung his axe. I dove out of the way with my Acrobatics skill around 60. I was unharmed. However, Martin was not so lucky. The axe hit him in the crotch. He was sent flying backwards. He landed on the temple. I laughed for about 5 minutes afterwards.

Funniest kill? Probably the bandit who shouted "i'm only just warming up you pathetic worm!" just as i hit him with a fire damage arrow. He promptly burst into flames and, thanks to the Deadly Reflex criticals, burned to a crisp.

Funniest fight in general? I was less than an hour out of the sewers on my first (un-modded) game. Walking along Lake Rumare i came across two members of the imperial legion in an all-out brawl, with each other. The fight took around five minutes. Afterward the victorious legionarre limped off down the road, leaving his dead brother's horse behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's one of mine.

I was out crossbow hunting in the black forest and I realised I'd gotten a bit lost when I found I'd reached Fort Allessia.

I turned about, and saw a Grizzly Bear sitting out in the ver, very far distance. Hmm, wonder if I can nail that big guy, I thought about it, calculating trajectory and distance, and came to the conclusion that even though it was at the far limit of the drraw sdistance for monsters, and well beyond the range for an aimed shot, that the quarrel could still hit if I was insanely lucky. So I loaded a bolt-my last bearkiller round, added a bit of lucky fungus(Im the only ES player left who's favorite skills is alchemy, my poisons and potions bring all the girls to the yard) and aimed up, way up.

To hit the grizzly I had to aim so far up that the bear got obscured by my compass, but I had faith in my maths, and as they say in WarHammer 40K "Faith will guide my hand that I may strike true even in the blinding dark" I let one rip, my last arrow, and the last I could fire before needing to fix the crossbow. It went up, and up, and up, then down, and down, and down.

The bear shifted "STAY STILL YA HAIRY $#^@#^*%@#%*$#%^&*" I thought, then *WHACK* the arrow slammed into it's head on a nearly 90* angle, skewering it through it's fuzzy little brain. I went over to it, a trip of a good minute, and found the arrow skewering it's skull verticaly, as good as dead on center as I'd ever want to get. It dropped no furs.

Funniest kill? Hmm.

In my early days of Oblivion, I heard about this mythical place called Dive Rock. Ho-hum, thought I, this looks interesting. So, I journeyed for hours on end and I finally reached the bottom of Dive Rock. I wondered how to get up, so I wandered around, concluding that there would be a path or something that would lead me all the way to the top. It wasn't long before I heard Oblivion's battle music start up, and I suddenly became aware of a couple of well-to-do bandits who wanted to say hello whilst brandishing their weapons and waving them at me. I thought that now was not the time for idle banter, so I kept running around for a way up. However, those commoners kept following me, and made a huge fuss about my untimely demise and my mother's ancestry, so I concluded that the only way up was to try and scale the 90 degree mountain. It took a while, but I was not to be deterred - and neither were the swine following me as well. I finally reached the top, and I thought, hey, nice view, and I suddenly felt the cold steel of the bandits' sword through my funny bone, so I resolved to kill the bandit. I waved my sword at him until he almost fainted. I backed away from a particulary vicious attack from my opressor, and I was very lucky, for if I had taken one more step backwards, I would have fallen to my doom! I was also near death, and I asked my good friend to wait while I sifted through my inventory very slowly, and he agreed, patiently waiting as I opened up my invisible backpack. But, alas! Alack! I had no potions left - I knew I was going to die soon. I looked in my magic tab and saw that I had a scroll of paralyzation waiting, unused. I devised a plan and had the excellent notion of casting the spell on him, then finishing him off while he lay down on the snow. So, I thanked the bandit for his patience and resumed the battle. He charged at me, and I cast the spell, and it hit, and he went flying off the edge, and died. I laughed so much that I had completely forgotten about the other bandit, and I did not notice that the battle music was still playing.

Needless to say, I was lightning bolted off the rock to my demise hundreds of feet below.