Where Do You fall under the new political spectrum?

colourwheel

Seeing your signature I was wondering just how much you know of moderating forums.

I've volunteered at many different forums. Starting from guild forums, gaming, more, university run forums (for career and stuffs), and an official forums run by a huge hardware store. I always stayed for long at each. The siggy is for fun only and I know how hard moderating can be, especially in a multi language forums and/or a professional community. It's not meant to offend anyone, if that's why you're quoting me.

Now I'm not really sure on what we're actually debating in this thread. But I think I'm seeing an infraction coming for this unrelated post of mine :/

Seeing your signature I was wondering just how much you know of moderating forums.

I've volunteered at many different forums. Starting from guild forums, gaming, more, university run forums (for career and stuffs), and an official forums run by a huge hardware store. I always stayed for long at each. The siggy is for fun only and I know how hard moderating can be, especially in a multi language forums and/or a professional community. It's not meant to offend anyone, if that's why you're quoting me.

Now I'm not really sure on what we're actually debating in this thread. But I think I'm seeing an infraction coming for this unrelated post of mine :/

No debate to be had. I just saw something I've never seen before and was asking. Don't know about an infraction. None of my business.

You have a great day.

*pokes his nose in*

So. There are really THAT MANY people who DON'T resent government intrusion into private life that this test calls me a talking head because I do? :blink:

Ok then. I will consider myself proud not to be part of the "New American Center".

Edited by Arthmoor

*pokes his nose in*

So. There are really THAT MANY people who DON'T resent government intrusion into private life that this test calls me a talking head because I do? :blink:

Ok then. I will consider myself proud not to be part of the "New American Center".

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.giftalking_head.jpg

There is more to it than just that......

I may be centrist, but, that is only because not all of my views fall on one side of the spectrum. I really dislike government meddling in my life, but, I suffer no illusions that my vote is going to make one whit of difference in what happens. That is all determined by the folks with the money, that decide who gets to run, and who gets elected.

I am reluctant to do the poll because I am an Australian with a different perspective on what constitutes 'left, centre or right'. I consider that what Americans seem to consider as 'left' is not even 'centre' by the perspective of many around the world.

Yet I will take a guesstimation and state that I would most likely be classed as a 'bleeding heart' on the 'extreme left'.

I am reluctant to do the poll because I am an Australian with a different perspective on what constitutes 'left, centre or right'. I consider that what Americans seem to consider as 'left' is not even 'centre' by the perspective of many around the world.

Yet I will take a guesstimation and state that I would most likely be classed as a 'bleeding heart' on the 'extreme left'.

Raises the question what is center? Left? Right? I've never liked the linear line to describe how a person fits in politics. Makes it too easy to fit someone in a box.

Let's see, I'm conscious of the importance of government programs and some amount of regulation, but accepting to the idea of allowing people to make their own decisions about those things that really only affect themselves. I recognize the importance of religion in helping guide most people's individual moral compass and provide them a social backbone of support, but believe that religious beliefs should not have any place in political discussion or be used as a means of influencing voters (sick of seeing the pro-life card being played and overly dramatized for the sake of votes).

Will let you guess where I landed on their little chart.

Raises the question what is center? Left? Right? I've never liked the linear line to describe how a person fits in politics. Makes it too easy to fit someone in a box.

Exactly, few fit into these pigeon holes, people will have left wing views on some things and right wing views on others.

http://www.snakbloxapps.com/SnakBloxApp-Esquire/img/summary_bleedinghearts.jpg

Within the American spectrum, I'd definitely be considered far-left, and have very "progressive" politics.

What complicates this is that I'm not an American, I'm Australian, and Australia's center doesn't really line up with America's. Not that that's a bad thing but it does make things a little tricky. Even then, I am proudly liberal. I think policies need to be more fluid, and that constitutions should be revisited maybe every 50 years to keep them up-to-date. Afterall, things were very different 230 years ago, and as well as the US constitution has served and will continue to do so, anything can be improved-even something as venerable as it.

Edited by Vindekarr