NMM 0.50.0.1 alpha test update released, bug fixes aplenty

Dark0ne

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't like the profiler or whatever it was that did this, unless what it did wasn't supposed to happen. And I only have one game that is modded so being able to turn it off would be nice (when I heard about the profiler I thought it would be a way to have multiple mod load orders for multiple saves).

Anyway, what happened was as soon as I ran the alpha after installing it it copied all the mods I had currently installed into a separate profile folder, essentially halving the available space on my hard drive. Whether this was intentional or not, that's enough to keep me from updating NMM.

Imagine all the fun we can have with various body mods now and realism/immersion mods and other overhauls! This means I can have one game using the Seasons of Skyirm overhaul and another using the Tropical Skyrim mod that I have been dying to try out! Epic, simply epic!! Sadly I will wait until some of the bugs get ironed out before testing but you have my kudos and enthusiasm for this venture.

Keep up the brilliant work!! :)

I don't think this is a bug so much as an aftereffect of how the app is designed to switch profiles, so not posting this in the bug tracker.

The issue: Whenever I switch profiles, the process of unloading and loading mods wipes out any scrubbing of unclean mods that I have done with TES5EDIT. As soon as I realized this, I deleted all of my profiles and am just going to have to run it like the old NMM. After re-scrubbing ;)

I hope this version will be able to handle Windows 8.1 well. The previous version did not work for me at all and I had to ditch this essential program for my Skyrim plays, and I am doing all the modding manually. It is not a fun thing let me tell you. So please make this work well with Windows 8.1. Thank you.