NMM 0.50.0.1 alpha test update released, bug fixes aplenty

Dark0ne

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I uninstalled all my mods then put a vanilla Skyrim in my directory. After exiting and opening NMM back up, it appeared to reset the current profile to what was in my directory (Skyrim and the DLC). I had to load a profile that had about 75% of the correct mods up to get it running. Small error but a time consuming one. Just reporting, great job with .50!

It would be nice if when you changed mod profiles, you could have download categories for each one.

I have a profile with over 200 mods, and decided to start one with hardly any. But when I want to install a mod to the new one, I have to go through the 200+ mods to find it, which gets annoying.

In response to post #10148614. #10152523, #10155050 are all replies on the same post.

You need to manually add an exception, or add a level of trust to it. Your antivirus program is probably using a crowdsourced "reputation" system, and seeing an Alpha is probably going to throw it for a loop. I've been alpha and beta testing for all sorts of projects, from as free as the BSD license gets to GPLed open source, as well as for proprietary software projects for a long time and it does occasionally happen that an antivirus program will object to a version that it hasn't seen yet, you have to manually override it, and if you choose not to, perhaps you shouldn't be using alpha software.

At the same time, the project's maintainers need to be in contact with the security vendors to inform them when a new version releases. It takes one email from the developer or committee in charge of freezing the codebase and signing off the release to the developer or even sysadmin that maintains the security vendor's exclusions database.

On my NMM before most current update, it showed perfectly which mods were enabled and disabled, shortly after i updated and re-opened NMM it no longer shows which mods are enabled to my skyrim game why is it that this happened and hasnt happened in previous NMM updates? This really pushed me off the edge, because i had it so organized -.-

In response to post #10158421.

It's not called an ALPHA test version for nothing, it's not stable as the official release of NMM which is 0.45.7. And since it's a test version it's mostly meant to be for checking for bugs and glitches so they can be fixed and not be used as a final product.

"Please remember, only install this version of NMM if you're willing to accept the presence of potentially game stopping bugs (until we fix them)." Edited by eSoDian

The new way for installing mods is really good i haven't had any issues with it yet :) all my mods from 0.45.7 installed correctly and didn't break my game. I give it 10/10.