Mods Persist Between Profiles?

TripleBork

Perhaps you could give an example of when you feel you need to manually move stuff around. There's almost never a good reason.

Load ordering can be controlled with groups and individual rules, but in my mod list with 600 plugins I have about 20 custom rules/group assignments.

https://modding.wiki/en/vortex/users/vortex-approach-to-load-order

Idk why people keep saying "you can manually sort to your heart's content" when you actually can't. As I said above, the only "manual sorting" you can do is with plugins, with groups. The conflict menu is only useful if Vortex thinks there's a conflict, otherwise it's useless.

Sometimes a mod adds no plugins to the plugins tab, and can't be sorted at all.

I watched the tutorial for sorting. These are the only options. If these don't work, you can't manually sort it, and therefor have to abandon using the mod.

You can turn off autosort for plugins. There's a button at the top of the plugins page.

You can also add rules for sorting plugins at any time. Just open the interface from the plugins tab and the option to add extra rules is at the bottom.

If there are no plugins, then the only "sorting" that would need to be done is file conflict overwrites.

And if none of these work, there either already is, or needs to be, a patch. Because if you can't fix the problems with the options Vortex gives you, the problems can't be fixed without a patch.

Guest deleted34304850

Idk why people keep saying "you can manually sort to your heart's content" when you actually can't.

except you can. thats why people keep saying it. YOU - can't because you obviously don't know what you're doing, and rather than actually trying to learn, you're just whining because you are doing the wrong thing at the wrong time and like the bad workman, blaming your tool.

no tutorial in existence tells you that you need to abandon the mod. thats YOUR conclusion based on your own lack of understanding of modding basics.

Idk why people keep saying "you can manually sort to your heart's content" when you actually can't. As I said above, the only "manual sorting" you can do is with plugins, with groups. The conflict menu is only useful if Vortex thinks there's a conflict, otherwise it's useless.

Sometimes a mod adds no plugins to the plugins tab, and can't be sorted at all.

I watched the tutorial for sorting. These are the only options. If these don't work, you can't manually sort it, and therefor have to abandon using the mod.

Again, sorry mate, but your confusing and problems stem from the fact that you don't understand how modding works and this stuff is being explained in the application.

Vortex is doing the right thing, you're trying to do something that makes no sense. You will just get more frustrated until you open up to the idea that the mistake is on your end.

The load order for mods only affects how the files are placed in the game directory, it has no impact whatsoever - none, never, 100% guaranteed - on how the game is loading the mod.

There is no case, ever, where you need to change the load order of mods that don't conflict with each other.

You're asking us to introduce a feature that would do absolutely nothing but waste your time.