How do I change the mod deploy order in Vortex?

JadianRadiator
Go to solution Solved by showler,

Go to "My Doicuments /My Games /Fallout 4" & see for yourself.

The loadorder text file & plugin text file shows them being loaded in the wrong order.

........Unless you say the game somehow no longer uses these files??

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

a) You're not looking at the right directory, the game does indeed not use those files and Vortex didn't put them there. The actual plugins.txt file is in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Fallout4

b) The loadorder text file is indeed not used by the game, never has been, that file is being used to synchronize load order between mod managers, the game only looks at plugins.txt

c) It's important to note that when people speak of an "ESM file" that doesn't necessarily mean "file with .esm file extension". A .esp file can still be a master through a flag in the file header and will then have to be sorted with the other masters so it's not automatically wrong if you see a .esp file at the top of the plugin list.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need mods deployed in a specific order to be bale to trust that Vortex did everything in the order I want it to.

you seem to have some definite opinions on this, so care to explain why you "need" this?

I can.......

A program called GFV needs the esm & esl files placed *BEFORE* the esp files.

Vortex, for some unglodly reson, puts them in BACKWARDS order, meaning that if you install an ESM file & then install an ESP file, the esp file loads FIRST, in load order & plug-ins.

Besides, ESM & ESL files should be at the top of the list anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no, it doesn't. if it did then no-one's game would work. ever.

The loadorder text file & plugin text file shows them being loaded in the wrong order.

i can't see your stuff.

but what you described, and how you describe it would be a fundamental, game breaking scenario, where the game would never load successfully. for anyone. obviously that isn't the case.

Well, I have no reason to lie, so.........

:ninja:

a) You're not looking at the right directory, the game does indeed not use those files and Vortex didn't put them there. The actual plugins.txt file is in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Fallout4

b) The loadorder text file is indeed not used by the game, never has been, that file is being used to synchronize load order between mod managers, the game only looks at plugins.txt

c) It's important to note that when people speak of an "ESM file" that doesn't necessarily mean "file with .esm file extension". A .esp file can still be a master through a flag in the file header and will then have to be sorted with the other masters so it's not automatically wrong if you see a .esp file at the top of the plugin list.

I agree & I'm well aware of this fact. The problem is that none of the esp files in question had a master flag.

Let me reload my mods to Fallout 4 & then I'll post my Loadorder & plugin files & you can see for yourself.

It's better to see the problem than to talk about it anyway.

Here's a previous readout to show you.......

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Notice on the right hand side where it says that ESM files were NOT being loaded first?

:ohmy:

Edited by VonHelton

Note on the right hand side that it reports that ESM files are not being loaded first.

I think there is a bug in the tool you are using. Loading ESP files before ESM files guarantees a 'missing master' crash before you even get to the main menu.

Even if the order was wrong in the plugins/loadorder the game will not load in that order because it is invalid.

I'm willing to entertain that, but the 3,000 lb elephant in the room is why is Vortex loading stuff out of order to begin with?

If I install "furniture.esp" in Vortex, and then "Paintings.esp", Paintings shows up FIRST in my plug-ins & load order files. Why does it do this?

:ohmy:

And, more importantly, how do I fix it? (If possible?)

Edited by VonHelton