Modding in the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update

Pickysaurus

This is great as i was already mid playthrough so this should be fun, i have little to no mods and the ones that i have are texture mods on small things like the hunting knife and whatnot so i should be ok

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #118723158. #118728738, #118732598 are all replies on the same post.

ReliefWithBeef wrote: They chose to incorporate Nitpickers over Brothers In Arms?

WTH?!
charon711 wrote: Catch me up to speed, is there a major difference?
Xayjyn wrote: oh about 1000+ bug fixes

brothers in arms bring quest fixes and stuff that is already in their bug fix list for the next gen update so there is no need , whilst Nitpickers fixed environement details  which i can only guess it saved them a s#*! load of time and allowed the dev team to focus on other stuff, such as incorporating ray tracing etc

-its only my guess from looking at the files of what both mods do

In response to post #118723158. #118728738, #118732598, #118732753, #118732863, #118733073 are all replies on the same post.

ReliefWithBeef wrote: They chose to incorporate Nitpickers over Brothers In Arms?

WTH?!
Gothwrath wrote: brothers in arms bring quest fixes and stuff that is already in their bug fix list for the next gen update so there is no need , whilst Nitpickers fixed environement details  which i can only guess it saved them a s#*! load of time and allowed the dev team to focus on other stuff, such as incorporating ray tracing etc

MagikLamo wrote: @Gothwrath Brothers In Arms fixes a lot more environmental issues compared to Nitpickers, it even fixes stuff nitpickers fixes properly, as nitpickers tends to just remove objects or put stuff in front of them, rather than actually fix them.
Gothwrath wrote: @MagikLamo yeah i'm realising it now , i'm still looking at the files (there is a lot)

yeah, thats really the only issue I have with Next Gen. It seems that they incorporated mods based on popularity/downloads, instead of quality. (not counting HDRP, that mod is essential) Edited by MagikLamo

In response to post #118723158. #118728738, #118732598, #118732753, #118732803, #118733073 are all replies on the same post.

WTH?!
Gothwrath wrote: brothers in arms bring quest fixes and stuff that is already in their bug fix list for the next gen update so there is no need , whilst Nitpickers fixed environement details  which i can only guess it saved them a s#*! load of time and allowed the dev team to focus on other stuff, such as incorporating ray tracing etc

MagikLamo wrote: yeah, thats really the only issue I have with Next Gen. It seems that they incorporated mods based on popularity/downloads, instead of quality. (not counting HDRP, that mod is essential)
Gothwrath wrote: @MagikLamo yeah i'm realising it now , i'm still looking at the files (there is a lot)

@Gothwrath Brothers In Arms fixes a lot more environmental issues compared to Nitpickers, it even fixes stuff nitpickers fixes but properly, as nitpickers tends to just remove objects or put stuff in front of them, rather than actually fix them. Edited by MagikLamo

In response to post #118723158. #118728738, #118732598, #118732753, #118732803, #118732863 are all replies on the same post.

WTH?!

MagikLamo wrote: yeah thats the biggest issue I have with Next Gen. It seems that they incorporated mods based off of popularity/downloads, instead of quality. (not counting HDRP, that mod is essential)
MagikLamo wrote: @Gothwrath Brothers In Arms fixes a lot more environmental issues compared to Nitpickers, it even fixes stuff nitpickers fixes properly, as nitpickers tends to just remove objects or put stuff in front of them, rather than actually fix them.

@MagikLamo yeah i'm realising it now , i'm still looking at the files (there is a lot)

In response to post #118721838. #118722318 is also a reply to the same post.

LiloLila wrote: Interesting that they incoorperated bug/glitch fixing mods into the game instead of fixing the bugs themself. But to be fair why should the same work be done twice.
But it's sad that they haven't choosed to incoorperate BiA

I also wold like to know how many individual bugs they gonna fix on their own. Hope these get listed in the update log.
Gabriel424 wrote: Definitely sad that BiA didn't make it in. Now I have to choose between nicer graphics, or 5k+ bugfixes? Easy choice, making a new non-Steam game entry in my library right now. Go figure, CDPR chooses form over function and goes for the graphics update... screw that.

true. They basically just cleaned up the facade.
Sadly I only have Steam and therefor can't downgrade later. But I have backed up a fresh installation of the entire game plus ducuments folder already. Just to be save.
I guess I will test the new stuff but depending on the mods, I might not stay on the next gen for long without BiA.