fps issue

wfandrews

I am just starting to play and my game is stuck at 42fps. I cannot find a way to unlock my fps so I can cap it to where I want it in ENBoost.

I only have a few performance mods loaded right now as I want to go thru the intro before I load a bunch of mods.

What's wrong with 42 FPS?? Not like this is a shooter, and you need the high frame rates.....

Are you serious?! OP is clearly asking as 42 fps is below expectations. 42fps doesn't leave much buffer for those parts of the game that are more taxing on the hardware, meaning potential slideshows.

And 60fps is a smoother gameplay experience.

Your statement is even more ridiculous considering that, according to your previous posts, you work in a PC hardware shop, so all this should be well known to you....

My GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8gig and I have 16gig DDR4 memory at 3000 ghz.

I play all my Elder Scroll games at 60fps and FNV at 85fps. This is the first Bethesda game I have ever played that was automatically capped at below my monitors refresh rate.

It would help if someone would actually attempt to answer my question. How do I uncap my fps?

What's wrong with 42 FPS?? Not like this is a shooter, and you need the high frame rates.....

Are you serious?! OP is clearly asking as 42 fps is below expectations. 42fps doesn't leave much buffer for those parts of the game that are more taxing on the hardware, meaning potential slideshows.

And 60fps is a smoother gameplay experience.

Your statement is even more ridiculous considering that, according to your previous posts, you work in a PC hardware shop, so all this should be well known to you....

The game runs fine at 42 FPS, and is emminently playable. Anything above about 30 is decent. And as a PC tech, I don't go looking for problems that don't exist. (and so far as I am concerned, this isn't really a 'problem'.)

That said, if iPresentInterval is set to 0 in the Fallout4.ini, then either the Nvidia controls are doing something, or, he has mods/enb's that his machine can't cope with. His video is up to snuff, plenty of RAM, Processor isn't listed though..... Of course, mods/enb's aren't listed either.

The fact that his other games play at significantly higher framerates would tend to suggest FO4 should run better, but, it's also a different engine than Skyrim LE, or FONV..... (or FO3 for that matter) SkyrimSE would be a better comparison, but, he also didn't specify which Elder Scrolls games......

Lotta things can cause low framerate, not all of which are obvious.

<terminated>

Point entirely missed. The information quotient of your first answer approximated zero. It didn't help the OP at all.

OP: "Can someone help me resolve this issue?"

HeyYou: "Why? If you're prepared to accept mediocrity it's well within normal operating parameters....."

And calling the Creation Engine a different engine to Gamebryo is a bit of a stretch when it's just an iteration of it.

<terminated>

Point entirely missed. The information quotient of your first answer approximated zero. It didn't help the OP at all.

OP: "Can someone help me resolve this issue?"

HeyYou: "Why? If you're prepared to accept mediocrity it's well within normal operating parameters....."

And calling the Creation Engine a different engine to Gamebryo is a bit of a stretch when it's just an iteration of it.

Well, I am thinkin' going from 32 bit, to 64 bit code, is a pretty significant change. What you are saying is Windows 11 is that different from windows 3.1, as it is still windows......

Honestly, I'd just go through the game INIs and the INIs of any SKSE mods you have running to see which ones include a frame rate limitation.

As well as your video card software...both the main software and anything like GeForce Experience that might be involved.