Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

Aminados can i install your patch through mod organizer if i drop it in download folder and install? Or can anyone tell me if i can? I have been trying different install methods and nothing is coming up on skse loader log about it being activated. I installed like installing a normal mod through mod organizer and also tried just dropping it in my skyrim root install folder. I didn't get the original file from that nexus link or compile my own , i just downloaded that patch . Did i miss something important? I also have enboost activated

Edited by antonioblaze

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering, how do I check to see if this is working. I downloaded the Phinix ENB version when it was still up (it is now down apparently due to legal issues). I thought it was working but then when I took Safety load out I kept getting infinite loading screens and I still freeze/ctd at certain times like whenever I get near the Solitude Gate.

That means it's not working. There's a line you should see in the skse_steam_loader.log file, "Enabled Memory Allocation Patch by Sheson". If that's not there, it's not working.

I cannot find my skse_steam_loader.log file, I have an skse_steam_loader file but when try to open it a page with odd characters comes up. Also is there any way to tell what I would need to do to get it working?

Are you looking for the log file in your My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\ folder? That's where it should be.

Yes, and anything that has .log is not able to be opened by me.

I was wondering, how do I check to see if this is working. I downloaded the Phinix ENB version when it was still up (it is now down apparently due to legal issues). I thought it was working but then when I took Safety load out I kept getting infinite loading screens and I still freeze/ctd at certain times like whenever I get near the Solitude Gate.

That means it's not working. There's a line you should see in the skse_steam_loader.log file, "Enabled Memory Allocation Patch by Sheson". If that's not there, it's not working.

I cannot find my skse_steam_loader.log file, I have an skse_steam_loader file but when try to open it a page with odd characters comes up. Also is there any way to tell what I would need to do to get it working?

Are you looking for the log file in your My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\ folder? That's where it should be.

Try right clicking the log, go to properties and check to see that it says it opens with notepad. If it doesnt, press the change button and adjust

This is, by and large, unintelligible. The linked page is unintelligible. I'm sure it's all well and good for people designing ENB mods and professional screen shot/YouTube video producers, but the fragmented, jumbled "directions" could be translated for the rest of us. All I gathered is that these are tweaks specific to the quad-SLI ENB crowd, and not anything 99% of the community could use.

"I was wondering, how do I check to see if this is working." That sums up my concerns rather succinctly.

Now the pro modders can start with the flaming....

Edited by SirGalahad

This is, by and large, unintelligible. The linked page is unintelligible. I'm sure it's all well and good for people designing ENB mods and professional screen shot/YouTube video producers, but the fragmented, jumbled "directions" could be translated for the rest of us. All I gathered is that these are tweaks specific to the quad-SLI ENB crowd, and not anything 99% of the community could use.

"I was wondering, how do I check to see if this is working." That sums up my concerns rather succinctly.

Well, eventually this should be worked into SKSE HOPEFULLY, as a feature you can easily turn on and off at will with a simple ini edit, until then, if you aren't capable of deciphering that page yourself, all you can do is hope and wait it seems. The user behind it has been known for basically refusing to let people use anything done by them, unless they do it in the completely unnecessarily overly complicated confusing way they insist on it being done, and I totally agree, that the page from the modder trying to describe how to do it is basically gibberish, and the actual steps you have to take to do it are buried deep in a massive wall of crap that is barely even relevant... The user behind ENBs is very bad about this kind of thing, they are very intelligent, and know how to make some amazing edits to skyrim, but they seem to thoroughly enjoy making things as awkward and inconvenient for everyone else as possible, and it is very... annoying to say the least, and a major reason behind why I 'boycott' ENBs... I'm lucky I was able to download a precomplied version someone uploaded before it got taken down, because otherwise this patch, while useful, is no where near worth the effort or trying to decipher that massive page of ramblings. x_x Basically the only difference I noticed at all is allowing me to set uGrids to load from 5 to 7 or 9, which has very little actual effect on the game at all... Though nothing else has been able to make uGrids editing stable, so that one thing is impressive to some degree at least. Other then that, everything it does can be accomplished by simple mods that require nothing more then downloading them. xD

Try right clicking the log, go to properties and check to see that it says it opens with notepad. If it doesnt, press the change button and adjust

I have a crappy AMD phenom x2 555 with a hd7750 /1gb and 8 gb ram. This little patch with Enboost ( non of the other Enboost features) Has my game flying with barely any jerkiness. I got like 150 mods running. averaging bout bout 50 fps (smooth, no jerkiness) in whiterun. If it sounds confusing ..especially the install ,which was for me at first ,should be a skse release soon with this patch included so if u wait im sure it will be simplified and implemented into either a ENB package or SKSE itself..stay tuned

Well, eventually this should be worked into SKSE HOPEFULLY, as a feature you can easily turn on and off at will with a simple ini edit, until then, if you aren't capable of deciphering that page yourself, all you can do is hope and wait it seems. The user behind it has been known for basically refusing to let people use anything done by them, unless they do it in the completely unnecessarily overly complicated confusing way they insist on it being done, and I totally agree, that the page from the modder trying to describe how to do it is basically gibberish, and the actual steps you have to take to do it are buried deep in a massive wall of crap that is barely even relevant... The user behind ENBs is very bad about this kind of thing, they are very intelligent, and know how to make some amazing edits to skyrim, but they seem to thoroughly enjoy making things as awkward and inconvenient for everyone else as possible, and it is very... annoying to say the least, and a major reason behind why I 'boycott' ENBs... I'm lucky I was able to download a precomplied version someone uploaded before it got taken down, because otherwise this patch, while useful, is no where near worth the effort or trying to decipher that massive page of ramblings. x_x Basically the only difference I noticed at all is allowing me to set uGrids to load from 5 to 7 or 9, which has very little actual effect on the game at all... Though nothing else has been able to make uGrids editing stable, so that one thing is impressive to some degree at least. Other then that, everything it does can be accomplished by simple mods that require nothing more then downloading them. xD

Well....it really isn't all that difficult if you are hoping to read. But since no one will compile it for themselves, use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

It does the exact same thing as the memory patch without editing the skse files. Some antiviruses went a little haywire but just exclude the file from scanning.

And before you say "oh is dis l3g!t$?????1//?" This is by the author of the memory patch from Fallout: New Vegas. So just go try it.

Well....it really isn't all that difficult if you are hoping to read. But since no one will compile it for themselves, use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

It does the exact same thing as the memory patch without editing the skse files. Some antiviruses went a little haywire but just exclude the file from scanning.

And before you say "oh is dis l3g!t$?????1//?" This is by the author of the memory patch from Fallout: New Vegas. So just go try it.

My point is that even if it was worth all that effort to compile it myself, what could be explained in a simple step by step guide, is instead made ten times more difficult for no reason whatsoever, instead they hide each step randomly, in an utterly massive wall of text including large amounts of information that simply doesn't matter. I simply do not have the time to spend two hours reading an insane wall of text talking mostly in jargen I don't understand, requiring me to download programs I don't use, and filtering through tons and tons of information that simply holds no relevance to me or my skyrim modding experience whatsoever.

Also, I am highly insulted by your "is it legit" comment, for one, anything that has over 100 endorsements is obviously legitimate, anyone with a brain can tell you this, that file has more endorsements then every mod I've uploaded to this site combined, and for another I use correct grammar and spelling to the best of my ability, so your totally random, over the top, insulting method of typing that statement is just flat out unnecessary and rude, and does nothing at all to help make your point. And lastly, I have seen that file before, in fact, multiple times, and is not really relevant to anything I was talking about whatsoever. Mostly because, I already clearly stated I already downloaded a precompiled version of this patch, so what do I have need for a version that will likely cause issues with my overly protective virus scanner when I have a working version installed already, and for the most part I was talking about the page that user was talking about, and the user who posted it in specific, not the patch itself in any way, shape, form or fashion.

Yes, SirGalahad, the linked page is unintelligible. I wrote out a lengthy comment about the tone of it, but decided I didn't want to run afoul of Forum standards. You've read it, so you know what I mean. Like ArtMurder, I lucked out and downloaded a compiled version of the mod before it was removed from the Phinix ENB page. It really is something special and we can hope that it gets incorporated into SKSE. And no, I can't compile a .dll file. I pay people to do that with money I earned doing things I know how to do. If the author makes it available in a form the rest of us can use, I'll happily pay for it.

Instead of the first-born child, how about a recently dead cat? I happen to have one handy.

This isn't a classroom, you won't be graded for reading all the material. If you're not reading something you find useful (like what sheson is doing), it's called scroll down until you find the directions (and they are there, and they are clearly labeled).

Edited by myztikrice