New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

I'm having issues with the messaging, where I'm not receiving a message alert after the update.

I also don't have the ability to friend people, which sucks because I like friending people. 😞

It also gave me a one year in badge, which I appreciate, however I've kinda like been here since 2014, so that's like almost a decade. Do I like get a decade badge? 😝

Edited by lefttounge

5 hours ago, JimboUK said:

Report the message, not the user or their profile.

but if the message is fine (say on a mod page) and you just see an inappropriate user name you're not going to report the message.  I'll end up with a warning for false reporting.  there used to be a way to report a user name

7 minutes ago, lefttounge said:

I'm having issues with the messaging, where I'm not receiving a message alert after the update.

I also don't have the ability to friend people, which sucks because I like friending people. 😞

It also gave me a one year in badge, which I appreciate, however I've kinda like been here since 2014, so that's like almost a decade. Do I like get a decade badge? 😝

there's no more friends list. there's now just a follow option

53 minutes ago, wpgfurry said:

but if the message is fine (say on a mod page) and you just see an inappropriate user name you're not going to report the message.  I'll end up with a warning for false reporting.  there used to be a way to report a user name

Temporary workaround:

16 minutes ago, lefttounge said:

What? But why? Why was the friends list removed? That was extremely helpful in helping me to organize and track mods! 😞 

Once again, the removal of the Friends list is because Invision Community removed it from the updated forum software, not  because of anything Nexus Mods did.

1 hour ago, wpgfurry said:

For now, regarding offensive usernames/avatars/etc - reporting a message they've posted/sent is fine, as long as you make it clear in the report that it is the other detail you are actually reporting.

Doesn't have to be something long winded, just point out what the issue with the users detail is and leave it at that. We'll handle it. If you're still unsure about reporting them - then just drop a message to a member of staff detailing the problem and if you can, a link to their profile would be helpful (just to speed things up in confirmation and reaction to the matter).

I just got my first PM since the update, and it is a good thing that I have it linked to e-mail for that, because I didn't get a notification back on the mod page side of the site, which is where I usually am, or indication over the envelope that is the link to the PMs that there is a new message.  Had I not seen the e-mail notification, I would never have known there was a message sent to me.  That could be a bit of a problem, what with permissions requests, and supporting mods.  You are probably working on it, but just in case no one else has reported this specific problem, I am doing so.  I looked through some of the thread, but the issue may have been posted with other keywords.

Also, if you try to check the profile for someone from PMs (or elsewhere on the forum side, I would assume), I can't find a link to see them on the mod-page side, or to be able to tell if they are a mod author, and if so, what mods they have created.  It is possible that the person I was looking at wasn't a mod author, so that list did not exist for them, but if anyone knows where I am supposed to look for that information now, please tell me.

Also, the number of posts, does that only count posts initiated on the forum side now?  Because I had several thousands of posts on the mod page side that also existed on the forum side, before that number was removed.  If that is what your badges are based on, they are going to be very skewed.

I see the Code brackets in the posting window here, but I can't find anything under the list there for BBCode.  Will we be getting that back, or is it gone for good?

Edited by Eolhin
spelling