New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

28 minutes ago, DummyAccount03 said:

Quick question, how do I message users now? There's no one-step way to do it now that the direct message button is gone.

image.thumb.png.86f88d63b051c0b7a91ba97f64ae7855.png

Also when I tried to press the mail button on top right it said I needed to log in to message, which I already was?? 😕

Also how do I search a word in the posts of a mod? The forum view button is gone and so the search feature is tooimage.thumb.png.6b6fb3ed583f2534cb2c318db2b97da6.png

Forum: Hover over their avatar, you'll see a pop up, at the bottom is a "message" option.

Site: No option for it right now, since the PM/DM message setup is a forum side function to begin with.

The main thing you've gained at this point is that Nexus Mods will be able to update various things on their website without the whole thing collapsing like a house of cards due to it being comprised of twenty years of hacks and chicken wire.

Will there be a period when some of your wanted features are unavailable?  Yes.  Will it be better for everyone in the long run?  Yes.

24 minutes ago, MuteSignals said:

Does anyone know if the posts made on screenshots will get carried over? Because I had 900+ there. I suppose the Forums and NexusMods are now seperate.

The comments are still there under my images, even ones ten plus years old.

Of all the things we lost in the transition, the one I am missing the most is the post count in the Mod Posts tab. I realize it is not a perfect solution, but I checked that constantly when reading posts as a measure of people's experience. The Kudo count is ok, and I would look at that too, but I am saddened that the post count is gone. I hoped there would still be a place to look it up, but I can't find it.

And I enjoyed looking at my own post count. I went from a fairly large number to less than 10 (and only here in the forum). Many here lost more than me.

I haven't used the forum much, so the forum post count doesn't mean that much to me. The forum is a little prettier now, and I know that the improved "under the hood" stuff is not always obvious to users, but I hope the Mod page post count can return. 

Guest deleted34304850
4 minutes ago, WallRockTree said:

Of all the things we lost in the transition, the one I am missing the most is the post count in the Mod Posts tab. I realize it is not a perfect solution, but I checked that constantly when reading posts as a measure of people's experience. The Kudo count is ok, and I would look at that too, but I am saddened that the post count is gone. I hoped there would still be a place to look it up, but I can't find it.

And I enjoyed looking at my own post count. I went from a fairly large number to less than 10 (and only here in the forum). Many here lost more than me.

I haven't used the forum much, so the forum post count doesn't mean that much to me. The forum is a little prettier now, and I know that the improved "under the hood" stuff is not always obvious to users, but I hope the Mod page post count can return. 

there's a little speech bubble icon on your avatar. mouse over it and you should see the exact post count which becomes visible as you mouse over it.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Guest deleted34304850

the forums and the main site are almost entirely separate now so i don't think the count of mod page posts we make is indicated on the forums any longer and the main site doesn't seem to show any post count at all. maybe that will come back at some future point, because i agree, it does offer you a bit of insight into the poster.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

The numbers diverge now as well.  You'd need to have a count for the forum posts and a count for the comments posts.

Since the post count probably has as much to do with time here and relative amounts of boredom when at home as with useful experience I'm not sure it will be a priority.

Might get added sometime in the future.  The mod pages are still due for a major revamp and the information can't be that hard to pull.

As an aside, is there anything I can do to make my Supporter status update?