New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

it's a little absurd that i won't be able to update my "about me" on nexusmods proper until user profiles are revamped next year. i also really miss my friends but the admins have plainly stated that they won't be coming back so... whatever, i guess. i don't really care about the forum portion of this site so i don't have a huge opinion on the redesign (except that now i don't know how to get to someone's nexusmods profile from their forum profile and it annoys me a little) but the actual nexusmods experience has worsened.

6 hours ago, Demorphic said:

What are the sub-forums that you would like to see? Ideally a balance of activity, useful content separation, visibility and ease of use.

Some of the old sub-forums had not been used or posted into for some time.

Spoilers and tech support at a bare minimum. 

Guest deleted34304850
4 hours ago, Demorphic said:

There will be a news post going out over the next couple of days with some more updates and current state of forums / features.

thanks for the reply. looking forward to seeing what you guys put out there.

1 hour ago, steamteck said:

What am I missing?  Are all the subforums gone?  That reduces the forums convience by so much!  Is there someway to access them I'm missing?

For now, from the forums Home page, scroll all the way down to the bottom to the Nexus Mods Game Forums section - select the letter of the game you want - scroll to infinity to find the actual game. This takes you to what the previous forums setup was instead of the odd "Community" page that is currently linked from the actual game sites.

I have to add my 2 cents here. There is no current purpose to the Community pages (IMHO) and the talk of trying to set it up into sub forums is redundant. The old forums are still here, I just wish the game site linked to it.

1 hour ago, Zanderat said:

Spoilers and tech support at a bare minimum. 

Absolutely. Mod requests would also  be nice  but I'm not sure what's permanant form now.

Some games barely have any posts at all so I guess only the most popular games will get a club.
We're unable to make clubs ourselves right? Say I wanted there to be a Fallout 3 club but none currently exists, how'd that work exactly. What would deem a club viable for existance.