New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

2 hours ago, Kant3n said:

Will the "View Forum Thread" button be returning to mod pages eventually? That's the only notable QoL function at the moment that I can think of.

The forums are no longer connected to the comments pages.  So there is no forum thread to view.

My feedback:

The overall look is improved, and the site feels more modern and less clunky.

Organization-wise though, this thing is  a horrible mess.

I'm a big Fallout New Vegas fan. It used to be that all I had to do was click on the link from the FNV page and it would take me directly to the FNV forums. All of the forums where right there, easy to navigate to, and you could quickly tell what was new. The new system takes you to a general forum link. You have to navigate to whatever game you are interested in, with a lot of scrolling (some letters more than others). And then the FNV section is split into two different sections. It's no longer all in one place. And I just found a group from the main forum page that has even more of the content. So instead of it all being in one place, it's now splattered all over the site.

The old site was clunky and old, but it was MUCH more organized. This is a mess. I had to bookmark everything I am interested in because there is no way I am navigating through all of that every time I visit this site.

Four bookmarks to navigate through something that used to be one click. This is supposed to be better?

1 hour ago, Morticia01 said:

I can confirm you can change your avatar with the Nexus Mods avatar

I keep trying to change my pic an am getting an error message. I also get an error message when trying to delete my current pic. I am using chrome browser 

49 minutes ago, showler said:

The forums are no longer connected to the comments pages.  So there is no forum thread to view.

In that case, can we get a search function for the comments? Going to the forum previously let you search through the entire thread of comments, at present even at max comments per page you're basically made to Ctrl+F through every individual page of them.

2 hours ago, jad31te said:

I keep trying to change my pic an am getting an error message. I also get an error message when trying to delete my current pic. I am using chrome browser 

I'm using firefox there is a another thread in this subfora about your problem.

Edited by Morticia01

9 hours ago, Kant3n said:

Will the "View Forum Thread" button be returning to mod pages eventually? That's the only notable QoL function at the moment that I can think of.

This will not be returning I'm afraid. However, we'll eventually migrate all mod comments to the new comment system which will have a search (among other things). Was there anything else you used the forum view for? 

8 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

It appears that the ability to change ones Avatar has been misplaced. I was unable to find this capability on either Update Profile or Account Settings.  Where has this facility gone?

Avatar changes are here. Make sure you're logged in if you see a 404 not found page!

7 hours ago, SnowFox35 said:

Have self-applied member titles been beheaded, or is it just because the migration sliced my post count in half?

Perhaps these questions are easily answered by an official post made with a list of changes somewhere? I'm a little bit lost as I adapt to navigating the place now so I apologize if these are dumb questions.

I'll have a look into this. It might be a permission change or it may also just not be a think in this new update.

31 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

image.thumb.png.da5af82a5f2aeba5b3c10effb781ce1e.png

Doesn't look like a GPU failure more like an aesthetic abomination for my taste,. 😉 which i would like to change.

We'll look at changing the default to something a bit less jarring, but I have also enabled the ability to change this too. 

23 minutes ago, showler said:

Kept getting a "banned" message for every page about an hour ago.

Also, I like the little notices of time gaps in threads but we need the Spongebob SquarePants voice over for them.  "Two months later..."

We're looking into that one. Just reload the page a few times and you should get through it.