New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

Rather disappointing to see the friends feature gone. If it's supposed to be "followers" now, that's… awful. As if the internet needed more narcissism and less community. My post count is gone too, and I don't love it being exclusive to forums either. It was nice to participate every now and then and see it in my Nexus profile.

All considered… If this update is intended to drive people towards the site and away from Discords… I'm sincerely not feeling it yet.

Lovely new look though, it's got style.

E: Profile banners are nice too. Heh.

Edited by Aen9ine

18 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Avatar changes are here. Make sure you're logged in if you see a 404 not found page!

Attempted to upload new Avatar.  Got this error:

image.thumb.png.f48966cf90261b20e607288df65cb8e1.png

That's it.  No details, no information. 

Addendum: In anticipation of the "clear cookies and cache" response which normally follows such errors, I did indeed clear cookies and cache and logged in again.   The error persisted. 

Edited by ScytheBearer

3 hours ago, Aen9ine said:

Rather disappointing to see the friends feature gone. If it's supposed to be "followers" now, that's… awful.

I hope that's not what it's supposed to be replacing. The second I saw "Followers", I disabled it because I found it creepy.

For some obscure reason, I don't seem to be able to respond to ANY threads in the Starfield Discussions forum....... I am indeed logged in, and can respond to this thread ok, apparently.....

Is the Starfield "community" a separate entity from the forums???? That's really confusing....

Edited by HeyYou

16 hours ago, Morticia01 said:

image.thumb.png.da5af82a5f2aeba5b3c10effb781ce1e.png

Doesn't look like a GPU failure more like an aesthetic abomination for my taste,. 😉 which i would like to change.

My apologies.  The way you described it as being pink with patchwork patterns I thought it was this.  As for that, I clicked on it and it opened bigger where it gave me the option to upload a photo as a background image.

FGhIr.jpg

i  really loved how we could help ourselves w/ issues we had by searching through pages (years ect) of post to see others who had the same issues and how to fix them. i'm not seeing that ability on mod pages anymore (go to forum version of pages to search box). is there a new way to do it? please don't tell me it's gone

13 hours ago, 18thegamer said:

The "Donation Buttons" are gone, will they come back? Whats about the Links to the Nexusmods sites from Users, they are gone, too. And you cant delete individual messages anymore, hope this function come back, too !!!

The Donate button was removed by mistake, we have a task in to restore that. 

The links between the site and forum profile were removed intentionally, but I agree it's something that would be handy to restore. 

Finally, with PMs I don't know what you mean. The delete button is in the little menu at the top-right of the message. 

12 hours ago, STRABUCK said:
I would be interested to know if the friends list ever comes back and how you can add people in the future.

12 hours ago, Aen9ine said:

Rather disappointing to see the friends feature gone. If it's supposed to be "followers" now, that's… awful. As if the internet needed more narcissism and less community. My post count is gone too, and I don't love it being exclusive to forums either. It was nice to participate every now and then and see it in my Nexus profile.

All considered… If this update is intended to drive people towards the site and away from Discords… I'm sincerely not feeling it yet.

Lovely new look though, it's got style.

E: Profile banners are nice too. Heh.

12 hours ago, STRABUCK said:
I would be interested to know if the friends list ever comes back and how you can add people in the future.

Friends seem to have been replaced with "Followers" in this update. 

11 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

Attempted to upload new Avatar.  Got this error:

image.thumb.png.f48966cf90261b20e607288df65cb8e1.png

That's it.  No details, no information. 

Addendum: In anticipation of the "clear cookies and cache" response which normally follows such errors, I did indeed clear cookies and cache and logged in again.   The error persisted. 

Please post in the thread below, this is not related to the forums: 

8 hours ago, HeyYou said:

For some obscure reason, I don't seem to be able to respond to ANY threads in the Starfield Discussions forum....... I am indeed logged in, and can respond to this thread ok, apparently.....

Is the Starfield "community" a separate entity from the forums???? That's really confusing....

Did you miss the "Join Community" button? 

5 hours ago, Mookeylama said:

i  really loved how we could help ourselves w/ issues we had by searching through pages (years ect) of post to see others who had the same issues and how to fix them. i'm not seeing that ability on mod pages anymore (go to forum version of pages to search box). is there a new way to do it? please don't tell me it's gone

I feel like this has been explained a few times in this thread (and the news post!) but for completeness, the mod page comment search is temporarily unavailable as a result of the upgrade. It will return in future but exactly what that will look like we don't know yet. 

Guest deleted34304850

You may be aware of this, I don't really know because I can't search for anything in these forums (yet).

If i login to the main site, then navigate from the main site to the forum, i am able to access the forums, but i am not logged on to the forums.

i have to click the link on the top right to logon to the forum and then all is well.

note, i am not prompted to logon via this link, it simply allows me to "fully" logon.

its a small thing, but i thought you should know. apologies if this is posted elsewhere, i truly have no idea how to actually search these forums. They look nice, but they're somewhat lacking in quite a bit of basic function.