Vortex has broken

AlienSlof

I've attached a screenshot because I simply don't understand why it's broken. I updated some No Mans Sky mods on it yesterday, no problems at all. The mods updated fine and the game was happy. I didn't change anything else. Wanted to delete a mod through it only to get this message (see attached image). I have no idea why this has happened as I haven't changed or updated Vortex in the time I was sorting mods on there. It just broke and now I can't get it to run at all.

Help please! I use it all the time for sorting mods and now it just won't work.

vortexerror.jpg

I can't open Vortex at all, either by itself or through games. One moment it was working, the next it wasn't, like it had eaten or corrupted one file. I don't understand enough to know how to fix it, other than uninstalling everything and reinstalling. If I do that though, I'll lose my game set-ups.

As far as I'm aware, any mod limits are on the games rather than vortex.

I ended up having to remove everything Vortex and reinstall from scratch as nothing else I tried worked. I have no idea where its missing file went as I never touch those essential bits and bobs that it uses.

A lot of the times when something like that it happened, it turned out to people's AV software blocking or quarantining a needed file. 

On 12/7/2023 at 12:25 PM, AlienSlof said:

I can't open Vortex at all, either by itself or through games.

I'm on Linux. So everything that follows might be nonsense for you.

I used to run Vortex successfully on my previous set up (same as this - Ubuntu). However, at some stage it stopped launching. But it would launch if I downloaded something from the site. I lived with it like that just because. **If** that happens again then you could see if it will download and thus launch. It might give you the option to fiddle with stuff or look at stuff... 

Glad you fixed it though but sorry for the 'pain'...