Forum Reputation System Enabled

Demorphic

On 5/31/2024 at 9:57 AM, zixi said:

If you choose 'sad' for example does that mean that the post has made you sad or that you feel sad along with the sad person who is being sad?

I've seen it used for both. You could also use it as a "That sucks!" reaction. For example:

• "Fallout 4 updated and now my mods doesn't work"... Sad
  • "Tomorrow is Monday"... Sad
  • "I didn't win the lottery"... Sad
  • "The Nigerian Prince didn't send me the money he promised me"... Sad
  • "My cat pooped on my keyboard"... Sad

You get the idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mkh97 said:

You get the idea.

I just hope none of those things happen to me! 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have to say, if that Nigerian Prince finally was to send me the money he promised me that would make me  happy and confused.😮‍💨

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sattyre said:

Well i have to say, if that Nigerian Prince finally was to send me the money he promised me that would make me  happy and confused.😮‍💨

This is going to be a confusing post once the previous one has the spam edited in and gets deleted.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, showler said:

This is going to be a confusing post once the previous one has the spam edited in and gets deleted.

I pre-emptively flagged it.

In case it does become spam later and/or get removed, here's what it says now (posted & edited 5 hours ago as I type):

5 hours ago, monty8888 said:

Forum Reputation System Enabled  indicates the implementation of a feature where users' contributions are rated or ranked based on community feedback. This system fosters credibility and encourages valuable participation by highlighting helpful or insightful contributions. It enhances community engagement and trust by recognizing members who consistently provide meaningful contributions to discussions.

Edited 5 hours ago by monty8888

(Honestly reads like an AI-generated post, or someone just quoting an article about the closest thing to the thread title -- possibly as a placeholder to replace with spam later.)

Edited by AaronOfMpls
fixed a wrong word

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 3:06 PM, mkh97 said:

"The Nigerian Prince didn't send me the money he promised me"... Sad

You sure are good at giving examples of sad stuff. On a serious note, though, over the years I've known two people who fell for that equivalent scam. One lost ten thousand dollars and the other fifteen thousand. Usually the people who fall for it are elderly people who, to put it gently, have taken brain damage through mini-strokes or the like and are easily both confused and gullible. Though one person who fell for it was an otherwise intelligent person who had too much money and not enough sense, though getting burnt like that taught him some sense.

On the topic of the thread though, I'm so glad there aren't up vote/down vote options. Pearl Abyss has that on their official Black Desert Online forums, and it makes that site incredibly toxic. It's the reason I avoid their official website at all costs and stick to Steam forums for that game.

5 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I'm so glad there aren't up vote/down vote options.

Funny you should mention that. I'm not sure if you seen this but go back to page 2 of this thread and Pickysaurus says, 'There is the concept of downvoting posts, but it'd have to be a much "lighter touch" than the upvotes as trolls would have a field day.' 

I can't speak to when, if or how that would be implemented but I think down voting would be ammunition for toxicity most anyway you offer it. If that's still being considered, the devs will be hard pressed to come up with something usable. I'd be curious to see what they came up with though. Because one thing I am sure of and that's the power of people to abuse any system laid before them. So, I'm intrigued. 

• Like 1