User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

25 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

I have the same problem - it's less legible. I think using coloured text is better than using shades of grey with capitalisation. So yes, like we had before - some text would be in orange (or rather, the colour of the game) and that helped a lot.

I agree, I just read classic way more easily (both in text and formatting) and not the beta.

Edit: and this is not to invalidate those who like the beta format, I mean it does have a cool look as far as quick take looks wise. But do you extensively read guides/wikis/etc. online or are you a youtube guide watcher and comment/thread only reader?

This formatting seems more geared at those not extensively reading and viewing pages for long term. I am reading, and typing out detailed descriptions for my mods (via mod description tab or articles), I am looking at text and formatting sometimes for hours on Nexus (or before Nexus wikis/wikia/fandom like over 50k edits for the past 15 years), I could barely look at the beta for 2mins without having to leave the page. 

Edited by HollownessDevoured
  • Like 2

straight up, this is not good. it's a waste of real estate to have that little content shown on screen at once. And why is everything so big? rounded corners? The user info on the left is perhaps the least important content and yet it makes up a majority of what's on screen. why? the old UI is fine

• Like 4

Nice update, though in my experience so far. Scrolling on my about me is choppy until I hit the activity section below as well as on the media/mods sections, the font is pretty huge too as i'm using 1920x1080 resolution.

4 hours ago, themagickoala said:

Thanks for checking this over. We take a11y very seriously. You'll note (as you can see from the highlighted username), that the WAVE extension is registering the background colour for this elements as white. That's actually not the case, and we're comfortable (for the most part) with our contrast level for text. Automated tools can only do so much!

That's good to know I didn't take the time to look that deep my bad there I just assumed it was correct because I thought the contrast was a little off my bad on that.

Hi,

I like the new layout but the color scheme is hurting my eyes and I can barely read anything, the font is too bright on the darker background, the old/current color scheme for the mod pages is way more readable and easy on the eye.

Is a light mode on the table?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JustThatKing said:

As a Community Manager that's "out of hours" writing down every suggestion from this thread for discussion with the team, it is slightly disappointing to hear this.

If we didn't care about user feedback, we wouldn't have introduced the Beta release system.

All I can say is that we are considering all pieces of feedback. That doesn't mean we will definitely implement changes a small number of users suggest, but we are considering all feedback that is made in this thread. 

i fear that my initial comment took on a sour tone that's not representative of my actual feelings. i don't really care about the new profiles. i like them well enough. i liked the old profiles better but these are... fine. i browse this site in a half-width window so i'm used to seeing 3 mods per row, and when i zoom the new profiles out to 90% it's the same as it ever was. there's nothing particularly egregious about the new design, at least not that i've noticed. the only thing (so far) that i really don't like is that the profile mods tab defaults to "most downloaded" when i'd much rather see "most recent". my search preferences are defaulted to "by recent files" but that doesn't seem to affect the way mods are displayed on a profile and i can't find any setting that would.

also, not to sound harsh, but your choice to work outside of paid hours isn't my fault or my problem. you could just stop doing that.

Edited by puddlepond

Hellow i just joined the beta

and everything is very CHROME and i don't like it

so 1st of all there is long scroll before scrolling start and entire background stretch, very ugly motion

my list of mods is very claustrophobic

i m locked to 3x3 coffin of mods and they are all mixed file size is missing

also my avatar follow scrolling around and orientation of my bun does not match the position of my mods

Mods get highlighted as i mouse over them, which is another chrome-like feature

is your web designer some tablet user?

Classic ui have this core windows style its very robust and provide good space for mods

i don't want my avatar with donate button to follow people as they scroll past my hobby-work

its not like i don't want money, i just feel bad with this xD

• Like 3