User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

Also (asked in another thread), is there a way to re-enable the beta profiles?  When I try to go to one now, it just redirects me to the regular site.

EDIT: Solved, had to clear my Nexus cookies.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

Also, is it normal to see zero of my images and supporter images listed in Media? 👀

I'm on Firefox with NoScript and (adblocker) uBlock Origin, but both are set to not block anything on Nexus.  I even turned off Firefox's tracking protection on both versions of the site (next.nexusmods and www.nexusmods), and they're still not showing up. 

EDIT: They're not showing if I use Opera either.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

1 hour ago, AaronOfMpls said:

I've been wondering about that.  With the new forums and the new site overhauls, is BBCode being retired altogether?  Personally I like having the option to use BBCode, since I have finer control over what I'm doing, and don't have to take my hands off the keyboard to format things.

Plus for image shares, I've sometimes done stories with embedded images in the description -- and I've kept the BBCoded versions of these in .txt files on my own PC, both as backup and for local editing before I post.  Story posts can take hours to write and compose, and I'd rather not lose everything -- including my formatting -- if my connection or the Nexus has a hiccup when I'm 90+% done.

BBCode itself may or may not be fully retired, we're not 100% committed yet (the work on mod pages will be telling as to how we proceed). Markdown is what the new editor uses and will most likely be the primary formatting language unless something drastic changes. 

1 hour ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Also, is it normal to see zero of my images and supporter images listed in Media? 👀

I'm on Firefox with NoScript and (adblocker) uBlock Origin, but both are set to not block anything on Nexus.  I even turned off Firefox's tracking protection on both versions of the site (next.nexusmods and www.nexusmods), and they're still not showing up. 

EDIT: They're not showing if I use Opera either.

JTK made a recent update on the process, which mentions videos but not Supporter Images, although it's not a stretch to say that it's related.

As of today I'm actually not seeing any media on any profile, so that can be assumed to be a beta bug. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pickysaurus said:

As of today I'm actually not seeing any media on any profile, so that can be assumed to be a beta bug. 

Thanks -- glad it's not just me, then. 😀

I think it's very clean looking and I like it. It makes it look much better. Also makes the game selection area for thos eof us with favorited games neater and easier to look at

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Use the button on the editor toolbar. The About Me doesn't use BBCode anymore.

Ok, let me try that and see if it works 😮

10 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Use the button on the editor toolbar. The About Me doesn't use BBCode anymore.

Um, I'm still getting a URL instead of a picture, even when I try to 'drag the files' or choose an image. It doesn't display. 😕 

6 minutes ago, lefttounge said:

Um, I'm still getting a URL instead of a picture, even when I try to 'drag the files' or choose an image. It doesn't display. 😕 

I've typed the URL from your screenshot into the browser. The image itself is bad. I got this:

The image “https://imgbox.com/AU9WjwM9_o.png” cannot be displayed because it contains errors.