User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

the profile page is horrible. why is 1/3 of my screen taken up by 3 lines of text about the user? why are mods organized in tiles which are so big that only three are displayed in a row? why do I have to scroll if want to see more then six items in the list???

in short: why is everything so big and why is there sooo much wasted space?

• Like 5

The current layout is much better. Instead of that column with the profile picture, join/active dates, etc. taking up 1/3 of the screen (and following as you scroll), it should be in the header along with the endorsements, kudos, and profile views. And that would allow more room for actual mods (and collections and media and about me information), because as it is, you're showing less items per row than the current profiles (and display less of their brief descriptions).

Also, a user's last active date displays on the beta profiles even if that setting is turned off in preferences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's very good looking, pretty accessible so far.

I do have one complaint; my profile pic shown on the page is incredibly low rez.

If that can be bumped up some more, that would be much appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't know why changing the profile page is necessary at all but if you want to do this, well, you'll do it anyway...

When I visit a profile, I'm interested in the other mods the author has published. So, I'd appreciate if this becomes the first tab of the profile.

Please note that everything is just too big, way too big. The 2010s gigantic tile design is outdated by now.

* The avatar panel is too big.

* The tile design for each mod is too big... only 3 tiles fit on my screen and I have to endlessly scroll down when there are even only 10 mods presented, raising the frustration level very high.

The timeline thing looks promising.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm probably just a luddite who fears change but honestly the new layout's... pretty bad. Like when then try to modernize a website by making the whole thing 6 giant ambiguous buttons with a labyrinth of sub-pages? It's the worst.

I liked the old one because it was very easy to read. Thing, thing, thing, thing, done. Very simple. Maybe not high-speed, but very efficient. This new layout sort of drives me in a... umm... aggressively modern direction. To be more specific:

• You can only see like three mods per row no matter how you scale the page. That's just inefficient, but I do think it'll be fixed.
  • I'm premium, so I guess I'm not sure how the ads are supposed to look, but on my preview they devour the whole page lol. I mean just look at it. It's like a shrine to consumerism.
  • I do like how each module lights up when you hover over it... but that's about it desu
  • The author section's even on the mods page, and it's... just huge (and frankly unnecessary). It just screams "block this element"... and that's with the page scaled down.
  • There's now a much larger banner area at the top you have to scroll down past before you can even see your files. For a narcissistic daily checker like me, that's like hundreds of extra miles I might have to scroll every week.

I like the spirit of innovation, but this seems largely in color theory alone. This site has become a monolith and has always been run extremely well. I just want the best for it. The fact that it never made it difficult for me to login? God-tier.

Sorry for ranting, but this is one of the few things I enjoy.

Style: 7.8~/10

Efficiency: 1/10

New:

Screenshot 2024-02-28 122544234.png

Classic:

45t54g.png

• Like 4

I prefer a 3 column view for mods not 2 (edit: I see this is only if you do not have widescreen/reduced window width but still classic still does 3 at the same size), 3 is not only just a personal preference; it is more aesthetically pleasing as the thirds rule graphically. This just looks like it is only meant for mobile view.

The avatar (resolution looks horrid) and user name is huge, and yet it still cuts off my name, which is hella ugly. So everyone with a longer name will not be happy. The avatar column should not exist it should be above/header area and allow a 3 column mod view (or 5 as mentioned in post above).

Love the unique download count!

TBH I prefer the classic so much more it isn't funny, if I came to Nexus and saw that was your site theme, I'd probably wouldn't have stayed to mod here.

Lastly, I hope collections can be made without vortex (or without downloading/redownloading mods) or else it seems like a useless tab for me : /betasample.jpg

Edited by HollownessDevoured

Guest deleted109327683

非常荣幸能够到场参与测试。

哈哈,整个界面看起来...比以前更大气了。

我已经等不及了,请快一点!!!🤟

Oh my, thanks for inviting.

Well...it looks much more BOLD than before, lol

Yes, just go ahead.  Can't wait to see it !!!🤟

41 minutes ago, ballingerred said:

Sorry for ranting, but this is one of the few things I enjoy.

Style: 7.8~/10

Efficiency: 1/10

Screenshot 2024-02-28 122544234.png

45t54g.png

Put in tandem like that, to me it looks like classic is the upgrade. Or one is mobile view and the other PC view.

Edited by HollownessDevoured
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Put in tandem like that, to me it looks like classic is the upgrade. Or one is mobile view and the other PC view.

And the thing is that the mobile view is even worse. Completely unusable. I assume that the developers haven't looked at mobile yet, which is fair enough. One bite at a time is how you eat an elephant.