Fallout 4 Script Extender and the Next-Gen update

Pickysaurus

2 hours ago, showler said:

Looks like the first iteration of the new F4SE is up.

Yep.

& it works (so far)

...however, my most valued mod using it might not get updated... place everywhere.

Which would be a serious setback building settlements. (so here's hoping Lich will come down from starfield to update it. Although he hasn't touched it for years)

Updating F4SE is only the beginning. There are F4SE dependent mods that are core mods for me. As long as they aren't updated all I wll stay with game version 1.10.163. Some examples: Looksmenu, MCM, Place Everywhere, SAM, AAF, Transfer Settlements, High Heels System, Disk Cache Enabler and so on. As a result it may be I will never load the next gen update.

• Like 2

This is why you wait.   

MCM and BCR are probably the two highest of the priorities of mods before I'd ever consider updating.

Once you'd finally gotten you Mosin, Winchester '92, Colt SAA to show a proper reload sequence - you simply can't (and won't) go back to the level of butchery the base game gives you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2024 at 11:46 PM, subaverage said:

Updating F4SE is only the beginning. There are F4SE dependent mods that are core mods for me. As long as they aren't updated all I wll stay with game version 1.10.163. Some examples: Looksmenu, MCM, Place Everywhere, SAM, AAF, Transfer Settlements, High Heels System, Disk Cache Enabler and so on. As a result it may be I will never load the next gen update.

Looksmenu kind of works , only the presets, overlays and skins are not working.

• 1 month later...

Yep, just need to make sure you are using the right F4SE version to match the Fallout 4 version you are using.

Then again, that should be standard data anytime you use a utility that works at the engine level (i.e. F4SE, ENB, etc).