Warnings and Site Ban Theater

Guest deleted156886133

26 minutes ago, UsernameWithA9 said:

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised about this. Dude had been on this road for awhile now. I am a bit disappointed he was banned before he read my reply because I kind of wanted to help the guy. But, it is what it is.

I hope he figures it out... and not just how to play Minecraft.

Unfortunate, but yeah I saw this coming though.  He was too "loud" and political and doomerish.

I was just about to formulate a reply with some tips for surviving in Minecraft, along with some commands for changing game modes within one playthrough, but whoops, gone. I felt for him when he lost his dog recently too. However, that chap really needs to find a therapist or something as he moaned on and on and on about lots of different things and sounded very depressed. The cost of living got him down, as it does me from time to time, and sadly, being in America, he wouldn't be able to find help for free, most likely.

Folks on a gaming and modding forum are not therapists, though, and that was how he was treating us. Perhaps he didn't get any replies to some stuff because we can't help him. Life was giving him a bum deal for sure, but ranting and getting angry with us to the point of insults is not the way to deal with it.

I was both sad and relieved in a way to see him go. Perhaps now he will look for help in the correct places.

• Like 3

Guest deleted156886133
3 hours ago, AlienSlof said:

I was just about to formulate a reply with some tips for surviving in Minecraft, along with some commands for changing game modes within one playthrough, but whoops, gone. I felt for him when he lost his dog recently too. However, that chap really needs to find a therapist or something as he moaned on and on and on about lots of different things and sounded very depressed. The cost of living got him down, as it does me from time to time, and sadly, being in America, he wouldn't be able to find help for free, most likely.

Folks on a gaming and modding forum are not therapists, though, and that was how he was treating us. Perhaps he didn't get any replies to some stuff because we can't help him. Life was giving him a bum deal for sure, but ranting and getting angry with us to the point of insults is not the way to deal with it.

I was both sad and relieved in a way to see him go. Perhaps now he will look for help in the correct places.

Well said. This is definitely not the place to seek therapy. The thing I noticed was the moaning on and on and on part. True his mother was sick, his dog recently died and he very well may have been struggling to earn enough scratch to make ends meet. But there are folks that are a lot worse off than he was/is. Hell, there are people that can't even get on a computer to complain how miserable their lives are for various reasons like, I don't know, Parkinson's Disease, stroke victims or people in war torn countries. So, to me, his problems paled in comparison. That's not to say his problems weren't worthy of recognition but, yeah I agree, he really needs to find someone to talk to in real life. Sometimes he would go on and on about not having any decent music to listen to or how he couldn't find another game to play on Linux because he was sick of Skyrim. I mean, really? These are your problems? You're going to have to do better to get my sympathy. 

I now realize his complaints were symptoms of the stress he was feeling and that he was seeking ways to cope. I'll reiterate here that perhaps now he will look for help in the correct places.

Guest deleted156886133

It's suspicious how this user just owned it. It would also be interesting to read what was replaced by the three dots at the end. But all that aside, does it strike anyone else as odd that someone would just come out and say it? Could this user be some sort of sacrificial lamb offered up by the pirating community? Nah, probably not. I'm just throwing out some BS.

Seriously though, if you're looking for a partner in crime, you should probably give this person a hard pass.

Account Banned - DRPX7211

DRPX7211 has been banned from Nexus Mods for violating our community rules.

Reason

piracy of Elden Ring

"I have pirated Elden Ring..."

I think this person is just a bit dim...

...and likely hasn't ever read the rules. If he had, he would know that piracy is not tolerated here. Perhaps it is not frowned upon so much on other, less reputable gaming sites.

• Like 2

Guest deleted156886133

That's kind of what I was thinking too. Possible age range, teen to millennial. Or... He simply doesn't care about rules. Then your assumption of not reading them is accurate. I mean, pirates don't care about rules. Rules, smules.

How many folks do you think actually READ the stuff they are agreeing to on pretty much ANY website? When my brother was director of campus computing at a local college, he was pretty disturbed that students would just pencil-whip the EULA, without bothering to read it.... So, he added a clause.

The director of campus computing will be supplied a copy of your car keys, a description of the vehicle, and will be entitled to use it at any time, at his own discretion. You will also maintain a full tank of gas in the event the director requires the use of your vehicle.....

When the next round of freshman we signing up, and again, just pencil whipping the agreement, my brother held out his hand, and asked for his set of car keys.... The student just gave him the deer in the headlights look.. and said "Huh??" Whereupon, my bro pointed at the clause in the agreement..... EVERY student behind that one immediately whipped out the agreement, and started reading it. My brother just smiled. 😄

He did not enforce that clause though. It was intended as a learning experience, and it worked. 😄

Edited by HeyYou
  • Haha 2

Guest deleted156886133

That reminds me of an episode of South Park. Same premise, but the agreement everyone wasn't reading was Apple's. The episode becomes an adaptation of The Human Centipede where Kyle becomes the middle section, helping to power the new IPad through brain power or something, I forget exactly. But he wound up there because he didn't read the EULA.

15 hours ago, UsernameWithA9 said:

It's suspicious how this user just owned it. It would also be interesting to read what was replaced by the three dots at the end. But all that aside, does it strike anyone else as odd that someone would just come out and say it? Could this user be some sort of sacrificial lamb offered up by the pirating community? Nah, probably not. I'm just throwing out some BS.

Seriously though, if you're looking for a partner in crime, you should probably give this person a hard pass.

BTW, as an experiment a few hours ago I ran a search comment with "cracked" or "pirated" on the top mods in the popular category for Elden Ring and reported them. Now they have been banned. Nexus moderators' actions in such cases are very responsive and reliable.