The last poster wins

TheCalliton

It wasn't my party , I just falliably let this issue from 4 years ago AFFECT me. (Baldurs Gate)

This is a good video to explain it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCy38KE6juM

I understand the points raised even though I have zero experience with the game.

I'm pretty old school ... I play a game because I find it fun. Immersion is something I do in a bathtub or at the lake (and requires water). Every instant I'm playing from save load to to hitting Esc I know I'm playing a game ... not saving the world, curing social ills or creating anything of value (even to me ... beside a little diversion from whatever day to day tedium or otherwise my current path is taking me through).

I can also tell you squat about any celebrity beyond recognising some of their names (an unintended unfortunate side effect of story headlines that I ignore but I am still victimized by those darn photons hitting my retina and finding weak spots in my garbage filter).

... what were we talking about ... my train of thought either left the station or is late to arrive (depending on which time zone you find yourself in).

I couldn't have wrote that better. Even though I was beginning to use the Batcave exercise room, Tarzan swinging exercise room, and the ninja wall climbing gear less and less as it got easier and easier. I am old now. Someone else's children are going to have to pick up the fizzical fatness cream puff bod they've got off their couch and spend hours, weeks, months, and years to get in good enough physical shape and stay like the, > We don't call 911 family > Chuck Norris raised. He even has an adult swinging rings, overhead rows of solid bars to swing around and race like monkeys through metal trees indoors in his jungle gym.

Maybe you remember those rings we used to jump up to grab an swing from one to another. At our old school's playground we had outdoor jungle gym stuff like that while in Kindergarten-6th grade.

It takes a lot of exercise and special equipment to be a super healthy acrobat in the Circus.

The Flying Trapeze, lifting 1000 Lbs, walking the Tightrope, leaping high in the air, and jumping across ten feet to do a tap dance on the head and face of a guy with a gun.

I remember when climbing skyscrapers got national attention by Spiderman fans. Tom Cruise barely got any notice swing across skyscrapers in the Mission Impossible movies.

I use my secret weapon against the ravages of Time ...

I'm a coffee drinker (Mr. Three a Day, that's me). I'm real fussy about my coffee (well lots of other stuff too but let's stay on subject ... if that's at all possible). I use one of those Melitta coffee filter thingies that sits on top of my coffee mug with the paper cone filter and my favourite extra fine grind. The water gets boiled exactly one mug full at a time ... takes some time for that water to boil.

Turns out it takes exactly 5 round trips up and down my basement stairs for the one mug's worth of water to boil.

Then there's the time it takes for the water to filter down through the coffee. When you stand there and watch it the Laws of the Universe kick in and it takes forever and a day ... so I distract myself with some shoulder and hip exercises. Next thing I know I'm back on my butt in front of the computer, sippin' a nice fresh steaming mug of my favourite drug.

What is most perplexing is I know for certain the real estate drivel concerning my house made no mention at all that it came with a "Stair Master" (I sure as heck didn't pay extra for one anyway).

Your coffee habit reminded me of a movie. Connor Macleod lives on Earth, but he doesn't know he's an immortal. MacLeod helps save the Earth from solar evaporation by creating a machine that made cleods that blocked out the sky so the Sun couldn't turn Earth into a crispy ball of dirt. After the cleod companies machines were all in place it rained almost all of the time.

20 years later something was happening that made the MacLeod go back to the place he used to work for the cleod company. Conner gets into the old building to find his old friend. His friend had aged while the Conner hadn't. The old friend of his was making coffee.

The old guy looked at his friend Conner. Asked Conner if he would like a cup. Just made it fresh. Conner didn't want one. The friend turned poured a cup for himself, sipped some coffee. Said it was bitter. To which the Conner said, "You always use too much water."

Best to avoid thinking (well over thinking at least ... it seems to me that we need to be looking up at roots instead of looking down at flowers to actually stop thinking).

My method sidesteps those persky considerations like too much water for this person, not enough for the other. The big mug gets exactly the same amount of water each time (all it can hold). Mornings call for a bit more ooomph so the three scoops of fine ground are closer to three full meal deal scoops. Lunch doesn't call for such high octane so the three scoops are bt bit less full meal deal. Supper is somewhere in between.

I have the technology and experience to get it exactly how you want it Paga, so no coffee fears if you drop by for a visit (I'm a bit farther down from that grocery store ... may want to leave fairly early and pack a sammich or two, it'll take a minute or maybe more to walk here).

By the time I got to Woodstock the half a million were gone (a few years too young).

I do have the movie on DVD ... I could take a trip and never leave the farm.

I was still working at the garden when woodstock happened. It was August when Woodstock began, and the garden harvest season was already upon those of us who had a garden.

Many times my aching sore muscles and tired bones made the message clear to my K-6th grade friends how much I would have liked to have just run-a-way from home. There was an upside to working in the garden though.

I got to meet other people with children my age who were just as tired of it when we got together at a community meeting. Where we all were laborers for the gardeners. The gardeners brought a special made recipe and placed it on the table for everyone to taste. Potluck!

It was a party. I remember getting washed and clean in a heated shower bath. I got clean clothes Ironed shirts and trousers, ready to make the acquaintance of all the other children my age.

There was dining, drinking punch, and dancing. Woodstock started out as a concert that they thought about 2,000 maybe 3,000 youths who were disgruntled with their family ties broken hearted or orphaned. Woodstock also attracted every new commune member from all around the country.

It was like what the people in the farm communities did; a big barn dance, with square dancing, some waltzing, and even a little bit of dirty dancing.

I brought back some dance styles from my travels in the military. I got kicked out of the base dance when I was 19, because I did the Dirty Dog. And it was forbidden at the time. No one told me until after I did it though.

Woodstock was 500 thousand children young adults, who lost touch with reality. And after they went to Woodstock those that didn't already know; they realized how important the Garden work really was.

Sometimes I wished that guy who invented the RotoTiller had failed to make a sale of one. It left more bad plants to grow back quicker so hoeing between rows and plants caused more work and lot of plants roots were robbed of enough water by the simplest of the roots system growing back in the garden.

We all love to have them to walk on, we all like the yard covered with a blanket of the stuff; but it isn't good for the garden because just the little bitty roots of the grasses used for lawn can start a whole blade of grass growing. Grass spreads fast and it is thirsty.

Those rototiller blades just shuffled all the plants into the soil and left all that were close to the surface there to regrow; where we didn't want the lawn growing. It was tough enough getting those grasses miniature roots out; before the garden seeds were planted, and much worse to have to hoe them out every few days.

Girls ran away from home when garden season came around on their 15th year of life, just because the extra work was so hard on us all, adding more than we could stand.

I dug my own pit to bury myself in several times in protest when Mom even thought of using a Rototiller again.

IMO Woodstock was a larger Barn Dance community Potluck gathering. Most of the people enjoying Woodstock were landless, homeless, and living in ghost towns nobody bothered them in; where they were trying to scrape together a life and a garden.

And we've got to get ourselves back to the Garden.

Ya we had amost a half acre in garden, maybe 1/3rd potatos, enough carrots to last most of the winter, a corner set aside for corn, cucumber for pickles and eating, and of course my Mom's tomatoes. Never failed those extra tomatoe plants she said she needed "because there won't be enough" were the ones that would put us over the top. Blanching and peeling tomatoes in prep for canning ... the skin on my fingers burns just thinking about it.

I did my fair share on the working end of a hoe.

Cracking peas, husking corn, peeling carrots, pulling the stringy ooze full of seeds out of a halloween pumpkin, peeling potatoes, rhubarb...

I ate a can of ranch style beans. I've become sly with age. I know how the family spirits are... and so I chose the can of beans to assure that the cake I was going to eat later had Moms blessings. Eating the beans guaranteed the blessing, "Eat your dinner (ranch style beans) or no dessert."

I could have just eaten the cake without eating the beans, but... The smidgeon of guilt I would have felt isn't worth it. Next time maybe I'll have a slice of Supreme pizza followed by a slice of Tiramisu Cake. :wub: Of course that will be a double guilt trip, because pizza was considered a treat back when it was new around our house. :laugh:

Well i was looking around and a stumbled on my Mobo system specs and it does support sli YAYY, like i am going to do that, at least i know it can woot.

Model ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Manufacturer Part # ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Chipset B450 Memory Slots 4 Motherboard Form Factor ATX Socket AM4 Platform AMD Brand ASUS CPU Support AM4 socket for AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics / Ryzen 1st Generation Memory Speed DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz, un-buffered memory Maximum Memory Supported 64GB Memory Channel Supported Dual Channel Onboard LAN Intel® Ethernet Controller I211-AT Onboard Audio SupremeFX S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC PCI Express 3.0 x16 2 x PCIe 3.0 x 16(x16, x8/x4); 1 x PCIe 3.0 x 16(x8) PCI Express 2.0 x16 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode) ; 3 x PCIe 2.0 x1 SATA 6Gb/s 6x USB 2.0 6x M.2 2x USB 3.1 8x HDMI 1x Display Port 1x SLI / CrossFire Supported 3-Way Cross FireX
Edited by niphilim222

Well i was looking around and a stumbled on my Mobo system specs and it does support sli YAYY, like i am going to do that, at least i know it can woot.

That computer of yours is a bit of a fixation, ainnit...