⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I followed up studying the band Mason Proffit's success story, I found more on their history of where they played. There are people who just don't know when to let things be and even will go so far as to make everyone in their household forget they ever heard of them. Mother and Father; Big City Leaders.

Down Spot! Down! Don't you jump up upon me Spot. Jane! Will you tell Spot to quit jumping up against me to lick my face? Butch! I'll get Spot to stop doing that as long as you promise to never go to another concert at that evil place again. And don't you ever mention the name of that band that played there either to anyone, ever again!

Awe. Mom!

Spot! Jump up and lick Butch's face!

Ok! OK! I won't, I will even tear up all the poster I put up all over the block telling everyone they were going to play again this Friday.

You will and you will make and put up posters all over the place telling people they were so bad their next gig was cancelled too.

I'll have to call everyone on my walkie-talkie and tell them that too. Oh! Mom.

You heard your mother. Now get busy and do it.

Ok Father.

Bye Spot! See you Father, See you Mother.

I WIN!

Walkie talkie? I have never used one before. Is it fun?

The toy Walkie-Talkies were made for fans of children's TV shows. Some of them actually worked.

A friend and I used his. He had designs on being part of air waves at airports working on the tarmac. We had lots of fun with his Walkie-Talkies. One time when the two of us were pretending we were working on the flight deck the Walkie-Talkies worked when we had 1 quarter of a mile between us. There were houses and business buildings between us so we could not see each other.

We were out on a cloudy day when we heard another person over our two Walkie-Talkes. He claimed he was a Ham Radio Operator broadcasting from Alaska. The two of us were in West Fargo, North Dakota at the time.

He could even hear us talking. After we described the weather he claimed it was likely because our radio signals were bouncing off clouds. That was one exciting day. Even if he was just nearby watching us and pulling the wool over our eyes, it was an exciting experience, true or not, about being in Alaska.