NMM 0.50.0 and NMM Legacy releases

Dark0ne

In response to post #15450665. #15451400, #15472820, #15488980, #15499685, #15502560 are all replies on the same post.

Nope, sorry, the NMM uninstaller can't interact with the "Mods" and "Install Info" folders, simply cause you set them at a later time while launching NMM for the first time for a game.

Problem is you were careless enough to accept the wrong paths for those folders or the game folder) while NMM prompted you if they were correct.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say anything, negative about this but the " Download With Manager " button is not working, is not working with Firefox, unless you already have N.M.M. open, and even then you have to click Download With Manager at least Twice. This happened after Upgrading N.M.M. to Version 0.49.X I don't have Windows 8.1 or Google Chrome, so it's not just those programs. Edited by zygster525

I hate to say anything, negative about this but the " Download With Manager " button is not working, is not working with Firefox, unless you already have N.M.M. open, and even then you have to click Download With Manager at least Twice. This happened after Upgrading N.M.M. to Version 0.49.X I don't have Windows 8.1 or Google Chrome, so it's not just those programs.

Do you have the RequestPolicy Firefox add-on? I had the same problem until I decided to uninstall RequestPolicy. Firefox is now working as intended (I'm using 30.0 beta).

NMM *was* working fine for me with vanilla Firefox earlier, but after re-installing a couple of mods (like a propper berk I didnt follow the installation instructions for NMM did I LOL), it has stopped sending/receiving my login token so I am up a creak without a paddle <g>

EDIT: Nexus stopped responding to me for a couple of hours yesterday evening, and then everything seemed to return to normal - as if somebody reset the site itself! Since then I've had no problems logging in :)

Edited by rfuforever

In response to post #15450665. #15451400, #15472820, #15488980, #15499685, #15502560, #15506615 are all replies on the same post.

For the records, "c:/games/skyrim/installinfo/overwrites/data" is NOT the "proper install info folder". That one would be "c:/games/skyrim/installinfo" already in this case.

In response to post #15450665. #15451400, #15472820, #15488980, #15499685, #15502560, #15506615, #15514540 are all replies on the same post.

@ravernware

Do you know where your ORIGINAL config files which look like this InstallLog.xml (or InstallLog.xml.bakX) are located? Maybe search your C: for "installlog.xml" and see what comes up. Find your old config files and you will also find the old overwrite folder with them, then move them to where you have your nmm pointed to currently. Which might be "c:/games/skyrim/installinfo". I would make a copy of the files/folder, then move them to whatever destination you have set in nmm. Close nmm and then restart it and see if your mods are showing as installed.

In response to post #15450665. #15451400, #15472820, #15488980, #15499685, #15502560, #15506615, #15514540, #15519470 are all replies on the same post.

Dusk- before casting aspersions on peoples' intelligence or competency, try to remember that NMM has not asked for an update for that particular folder for a lot of us for over a year, and the one it prompted looked nearly identical to where my mods were previously located. It is a common enough mistake to have netted several people asking about it here, so solutions would be far more appreciated than insults.
As for solutions, here's what will work- The new install folder looks the same at first glance, especially if you haven't updated folders in a while. What you need to do if you are having this problem is copy-and-past the Mods and Install Files folders from c: Games/Skyrim/ to c: Games/Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim/ , and overwrite the files. This will put the mods in the folder needed and synch NMM with them, as well as any customized category folders you may have created. Open NMM, and you should see everything back in place. Edited by Breandan