WIP Elf Children

Hallgarth

this is very needed.. i do not mean to rant on beth not doing a good job.. b/c the time it takes to do certain things and still release a game.. but heartfire could have added them.. i usually play as a altmer or breton and jus ability to adopt nord children is annoying.. plus the stongholds would have orc children and i could give many other examples.. this will open the opportunity for mods to add children of all races to strongholds and the grayquarter and/or all cities.. thanks for this work.. hope it goes well

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was one of the very first things I noticed. Never knew that Braith in Whiterun was meant to be a Redguard for the longest time.

One of the hardest parts is coming up which is eye morphs. I'm going to try and make it as good as I possibly can.

Great idea...I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Thanks.

They look amazing.. especially the Mao! I'm excited to see what the vanilla children will look like, especially the few Redguard children.

Yeah, the more I thought about it the more I thought the vanilla children needed some work, not just adding fully customisable elven children. The original idea was to just add pointed ears in nifskope, but when I experimented with a duplicated head .tri and discovered that the race morphs would work, that's when I decided to go all out on finishing what Bethesda never did. They had a chance with Hearthfire to fully overhaul the kids, but never did. The eyemorphs I've been doing look good. (need tweaks)

I also added a freckle face, and I'm planning to add perhaps a few warpaint options, but only the ones that fit properly on the face as the child face is different from the adult face. the textures sit lower, so the warpaints are higher on the face, and some are oddly warped. I'm also going to do a retexture/modify the existing body textures because they don't look very good.

Look really nice. Will it be replacer version of vanilla kids or you'll add new ones to Skyrim?

Still debating that with myself. I do think thought that I will do both replace and add new ones, but vanilla Skyrim kids (without DLC), will remain the same races, but will be altered to better match how their parents look. For Hearthfire, I've been thinking of changing the kid in Windhelm that sells flowers to a Dunmer. Perhaps others will be changed also.

Edited by Hallgarth

Still debating that with myself. I do think thought that I will do both replace and add new ones, but vanilla Skyrim kids (without DLC), will remain the same races, but will be altered to better match how their parents look. For Hearthfire, I've been thinking of changing the kid in Windhelm that sells flowers to a Dunmer. Perhaps others will be changed also.

I think going for "both" way is the best.

You could change manually some kids, like those in Riften's harbourage. And place new kids manually to places where they fit. For example there are never any kids in orc villages, and since you add orc kids it would be great to see some of them there. Also few dunmer kids in Dunmer Ambassy. Also khajit caravan could use khajit kid. Dont add too much to Solitude and Whiterun, since many people use Inconsequential NPCs and INteresting NPCs, and both of those mods add kids, there are many already in those cities.

Edited by mindw0rk2

Would it be possible to add teenagers? Hahaha.

I think all vanilla/base game kids should stay the same race, but definitely add some dumner kids to Windhelm. Also, I don't see a problem with adding kids to major cities, since there's already a lot of adults to balance out the adult:kid ratio anyway, and cities are supposed to be extremely populated.

With mods such as this, you always run into the good and bad.

-

First up is some bad news.

I've had to scrap moving eyes up/down forward/backward. When the NPC looked up down to the left or right, the eyes would move back into default position. This meant that if you had eyes backwards for instance, then when the NPC moved their eyes, they would move forward out of the head, giving a really creepy look. This also means I'm going to have to re-adjust some to the eye morphs.

I do worry that the same thing will happen to the mouth morphs, but they seem to be stable with no clipping through the face. We'll see when I try making the mouth move with the Orc. It'll be far more noticeable if its not right, as the lower tusks come out of the face.

-

Now the good news. I've started experimenting with adding in children/altering existing ones. This topic should probably be renamed 'Skyrim Children Overhaul' or something.

Some pics of progress.

Forsworn. (If you look at the male, you can kinda see what I mean by eyes moving forward. If you look closely at his right eye.) Getting the child body into the Forsworn armour was a pain. The child body has extra bones to contend with (hand bones both left and right). Done in Nifskope.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/zoidgarth/TESV_2014_06_19_20_47_46_121.png

Braith. I'm working on giving all the different races morphs.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/zoidgarth/TESV_2014_06_19_20_46_03_124.png

New NPC. Erellie the Great Grandaughter of Taarie, who's always blabbering on about whether you've been to the Blue Palace. (Also my first AI Package, which is a basic follow Taarie)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/zoidgarth/TESV_2014_06_19_22_14_11_315.png

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/zoidgarth/TESV_2014_06_19_22_15_08_415.png

Still loads to do. I'm hoping I don't run into any more issues along the way.