Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, it's always good to know why something is happening.

I am one of those users tempted back to Skyrim by the 'all-in' package being on sale, and I had wondered why it sometimes took several attempts to download stuff. But what has stunned me, after dealing with Skyrim mods manually last time around, is just how easy it is with NMM to download and run a whole stack of mods. It must add to the strain on your servers, but what an amazing job the NMM team have done!

I would say not to rush your capacity updates. Everything stood up and all downloads happened, after retries if necessary, so pat yourselves on the back and upgrade when it fits with your plans, financial and technical.

Well, we're talking about dimensions here, where you can't be just "prepared". If I compare the status quo to the (good) old tessource times - my, have you guys come a long way. It's fantastic!

The comparison to Glastonbury is totally fitting and brilliant, I hope everyone noted this. Apart from a few smaller issues I didn't have many problems, so keep up the good work guys. Success has its price, doesn't it? :)

Well...that explains that, heh. I had just signed up for premium and suddenly my downloads were tanking—I was a little nonplussed, especially as I didn't make the Steam sale connection—Steam creeps me out and I therefore boycott it :P.

Thanks very much for the patient and articulate update; it's nice to have some insight into the whys and hows of this stuff. I hope your massive upgrade undertaking goes off without a hitch. :)

Pretty impressive figures. But I think you're doing good. Haven't noticed anything but the odd glitch now and then. No problems :D

well, I'm confused.. it seems that only certain files are affected for me.

I was able to download one of the hotfiles for today just fine, but the other ones I tried wouldn't let me download. Keeps saying "There Was An Error".

so why only those, and not others? That doesn't seem like a traffic problem, that sounds like a pretty gnarly glitch.

Idk, I'm just reporting what's happening with my end, maybe it'll work tomorrow. Of course I'll probably forget all about those mods by then.. oh well