Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Your two cells are connected that means the game will keep stuff loaded from the one cell in case you want to go back. You have to exit to the outer world and possibly move far enough for the host world cell to be unloaded via ugrid settings. If your cell(s) are not connected to the outer world yet, try doing 'coc riverwood' after killing the bandits then coc back to your test cell.

*facepalm* omg I am such a full blown idiot. I thought you just had to not be in the cell. I wasn't aware you had to be like, in a world space for a time for it to kick in!

That fully fixed my issue, they now despawn proper with no issue. Most the stuff I found that had anythong on the cells just stated you need to leave it. That just. wow I feel like a doofus. Thanks for the help and putting up with my idiocy!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, first of all everyone happy new year.

Now, can a quest modder help me out with windhelm quest blood on ice npc placement? Long story short, I want to clean up and add some class to windhelm, the grave yard area is the worst so I went to test changing the quest starting area to the other higher most suitable grave yard. The dead body did move, but all the other actors won't move not matter what I do to them.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Also, I want a make a faction that is only hostile to the pc when not a vampire, I know how to do it the other way around but not this one.

Edited by Boombro

Even though the quest is not triggered in the older save, it worked only with a new save. How odd. Thanks a lot, you helped me so much and this have been bothering me for so long.

Now I have to find out how to make a faction hostile to a non vampire pc.

I want to trigger an ambush when the player either acquires a key or kills an enemy. I notice that the standard way to trigger ambushes is just a box with a script that activates once the player enters it. Would the ambush function if I assigned this script to the key that needs to be taken? Or is it only when the key itself is used would it activate? If that's too much of a hassle, how would I go about the ambush on kill route?

I want to trigger an ambush when the player either acquires a key or kills an enemy. I notice that the standard way to trigger ambushes is just a box with a script that activates once the player enters it. Would the ambush function if I assigned this script to the key that needs to be taken? Or is it only when the key itself is used would it activate? If that's too much of a hassle, how would I go about the ambush on kill route?

You could use an OnContainerChanged Script on the key to active a trigger box around the key (initially disabled) when taken that is the activate parent of your ambush actors.

Something like this:

Scriptname mykeyscript extends ObjectReference  

Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)
        if (akNewContainer == Game.GetPlayer())
             myobject.Enable()	     

endif        
EndEvent
ObjectReference Property myobject  Auto  

Just place it on the key and fill the properties in the CK

Tried it in a test cell and it works.

Edited by Aragorn58

Hello, I have what I assume is probably a very simple CK question... I asked once or twice in the 'mod talk' topic on the forms but the post seemed to get buried under dozens of others without getting much attention, so I'm hoping since this topic is more active I can get an answer here.

Anyway, I'm working on a crime and punishment mod and things are going relatively well, but I seemed to hit a snag. I made a unique item called 'Nightshade Extract' (a poison) which is meant to be used in the recipe for skooma. The only problem is I don't seem to be able to add the extract to the skooma recipe in the CK, and for that matter I don't seem to be able to add it to merchant's chests, NPC inventories, etc. So the question is how do I add unique items to those things in the CK? Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help! :)