Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Currently Skyrim has really annoying behavior where when you drop an item and move it, its location is reset to where you dropped it next time you enter the cell. This can be fixed by dropping items, leaving/re-entering the cell, and then moving the item, but that becomes an extreme hassle when "oops! I tried to hold an item but accidentally added it to my inventory. Gotta drop it and re-enter cell!". You'll end up sitting through a bunch of load screens because you have to re-enter cells so frequently. I'd prefer if this buggy behavior was fixed altogether and I didn't have to re-enter a cell to fix it, so I was considering scripting a mod to fix this annoying behavior. Is this something that can be fixed through Papyrus? If so, what in particular should I be looking for?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way in NMM to save list of my current mods to my account?

I'm reinstaling my system soon and i would really hate to manually download all of my mods.

Can i somehow save them so that next time NMM can just download all of them?

Look through NMM folders, there is should be a place where is stores the mods. When you back them up, disable the mods.

Currently Skyrim has really annoying behavior where when you drop an item and move it, its location is reset to where you dropped it next time you enter the cell. This can be fixed by dropping items, leaving/re-entering the cell, and then moving the item, but that becomes an extreme hassle when "oops! I tried to hold an item but accidentally added it to my inventory. Gotta drop it and re-enter cell!". You'll end up sitting through a bunch of load screens because you have to re-enter cells so frequently. I'd prefer if this buggy behavior was fixed altogether and I didn't have to re-enter a cell to fix it, so I was considering scripting a mod to fix this annoying behavior. Is this something that can be fixed through Papyrus? If so, what in particular should I be looking for?

It's a core engine bug but you can work around it.

Try my Storage Helpers mod. When I accidentally pick up something I quickly drop it back into the world then use the item placement feature to try and reset the item to its original position. That works in some cases but even when the automatic reset fails, the Storage Helpers movement actually makes the item jump back to the position where the game thinks it is and any change you make sticks. It's just the game's own built-in drag and drop that don't get recorded in the save game file.

@Combine

I just asked this myself at the Beth Forums.

I found out there is a difference between Having a magic effect and whether it is active or inactive. There is no built in way to tell if a magic effect is in an active or inactive state. I used the VM Variables to check this.

I added a script to the magic effect that I wanted to keep track of that sets a variable stored on my main mod quest.

ScriptName MyMagicCondition Extends ActiveMagicEffect

MyMod_QuestScript Property Main Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	Main.IsEffectActive = true
EndEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	Main.IsEffectActive = false
EndEvent 

On my mod quest I attached a quest script that holds the variable for the state of the magic effect Im tracking.

Scriptname MyMod_QuestScript extends Quest Conditional

bool Property IsEffectActive = false Auto Conditional

; etc etc..

Now anytime I want to add a condition to an object in the CK I set the condition function to 'GetVMQuestVariable', Set the condition parameter to the quest that has 'MyMod_QuestScript' and then pick 'IsEffectActive' for the VM Variable.

Is there a spell condition that checks if you have a specific active effect? As in if you have this effect the spell will/wont work. To clarify I want to use this effect on a spell Im' making.

http://www.creationkit.com/HasMagicEffect

So I could use this as a cooldown if I were to add this condition to a spell and use a dummy (useless) effect on said spell as the target for the condition ie "player.hasmagiceffect DUMMY"?