Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I was curious to know if there was a way to convert a follower I downloaded to basically use his FaceGen data/body meshes and put them on the player character. I tried doing it myself in the creation kit (first time I ever opened the thing...) and I only ended up crashing the game. I followed several tutorials but none of them seemed to help me out. The follower has his own textures/meshes (So tons of .nif and .dds files) and I tried creating a new race and importing the texture/meshes but I don't think I did it right.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The follower in question: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5632?tab=description

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a savegame get corrupt? Can that be fixed and does it depend on how many mods someone has installed? (im scared because im getting increasingly more mods)

How does a savegame get corrupt? Can that be fixed and does it depend on how many mods someone has installed? (im scared because im getting increasingly more mods)

There are a number of ways, from what I know. Don't know them exactly, but it's easy to prevent:

Save in multiple slots.

There are a number of ways, from what I know. Don't know them exactly, but it's easy to prevent:

Save in multiple slots.

oh that's good tip, I will definetely start doing that from now on!

• 4 weeks later...

About dismissing your follower...

So I have created a follower, she does everything fine, will join up and follower, comments when she should, has comments when fighting, will wait, BUT when I dismiss her... she comments what I recorded.... but then she just stands there.

How do I get her to leave and go back to the player home... like Mjoll does she tells you :

"Such a shame. I thought we were getting along so well. I'll head back to Riften if you should have second thoughts."

I see in the default script for all followers:

Scriptname TIF__000E2702 Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
; don't dismiss the follower again if I've already dismissed them
If !(akspeaker.IsInFaction(DismissedFollowerFaction))
(pDialogueFollower as DialogueFollowerScript).DismissFollower(0, 0)
EndIf
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

quest Property pDialogueFollower Auto

Faction Property DismissedFollowerFaction Auto

Does this "DismissedFollowerFaction" kick something off????

Hello!

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but here's my question :

I'm currently working on the Fluffy Khajiit Project, and everything goes pretty well (since I'm a beginner at modding of course^^), exept today for the head.

Let me explain. To have a fluffy/fur effect I used (almost) the Shell Texturing Tutorial method (can be found here on nexus). The concept is to make several extrusions/shells around your base mesh, each shell has a texture with progressive transparency set in NiAlphaProperty. With enough "noise" in the base fur texture the result is really cool.

So, here comes my problem. For the body, hands, feet, everything is "almost" fine, but for the head it doesn't work at all.

I tried to make a custom head (with several meshes, so several NiTriShape) : it doesn't work. It's all messy, and texture transparency doesn't work.

(my though at first was : since the base head has already all the TRi files and so on to be manipulated with sliders, if I just add shells upon it, it should work. but I was wrong, or I'm doing it in a bad way)

I tried with an outfit part (based on a wig^^), but even if I manage to have the fur effect to work, it doesn't fit the base head mesh I used.

That's perfectly logic since the head I used is quite heavily edited with morphs and sliders in racemenu.

So : is there a way to make this concept work on head part?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

(for further details I made a section on this forum with more details).

Here's a picture to show you the idea. Taken in NifSkope : LINK.

EDIT : Solution found by Blazze69!

To make this work you have to make a nif file for each shell, and link these shells/nifs to the head you want to modify in CK/TES5Edit as new multiple Head Parts (with 130 as slot in nif^^).

Edited by Ashnur

About dismissing your follower...

So I have created a follower, she does everything fine, will join up and follower, comments when she should, has comments when fighting, will wait, BUT when I dismiss her... she comments what I recorded.... but then she just stands there.

How do I get her to leave and go back to the player home... like Mjoll does she tells you :

"Such a shame. I thought we were getting along so well. I'll head back to Riften if you should have second thoughts."

I see in the default script for all followers:

Scriptname TIF__000E2702 Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0

Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)

Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor

;BEGIN CODE

; don't dismiss the follower again if I've already dismissed them

If !(akspeaker.IsInFaction(DismissedFollowerFaction))

(pDialogueFollower as DialogueFollowerScript).DismissFollower(0, 0)

EndIf

;END CODE

EndFunction

;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

quest Property pDialogueFollower Auto

Faction Property DismissedFollowerFaction Auto

Does this "DismissedFollowerFaction" kick something off????

It's the follower's AI packages that control what they do. Check the packages attached to some of the standard followers (like the housecarls) to see what you need. Mjoll is more complicated because she has a daily routine wandering Riften when she's not following. The housecarls usually have a single package to wander around the player's house in the appropriate city.

The number one cause is loading a save after already playing another. When you reload a game not everything in memory gets reset. If you're reloading right after dying or some similar situation there's generally no problem, but if you go back to a much older save or worse yet load an entirely different character bits and pieces of the two games get merged and the next time you save you're saving that mess.

The other problem is deleting mods mid-game. There's no support for that built into the game. You can generally add mods whenever you like, but if you delete one you should be starting a new character or going back to an older save. If you try a new mod and aren't happy with it you should uninstall but then go back to the last save you made before you installed that mod.

I think a silly question....

I want my quest to start ONLY if the player is 5th level or above. Do I set this up in the Quest Dialogue Condition (under the Quest Data tab) or in the Quest Stage tab ????

Ok skip that.. how about, how do you get a mod to NOT require a total new game ... to start?

I have my mod quest, no conditions at start and on the quest (quest data tab) I have "start game enabled" and "run once" .... it seems that if you have a game saved and then load/add my mod it does not start ?? what am I missing ?