Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say you have an activator, with interaction text "activate".
Lets say this thing has a script attached to it with 3 states.
How can I dynamically change the text depending on the state?
(I know how states work, I just need a function that accepts a string value to replace the text displayed when player looks at it)

(Q) in AI Data Tab of Actors in CK, there is a aggro radius behavior area. What are the measurements it is using?

Units. For example 100 unit radius is about 2 feet in front of the NPC before it enters its aggro warning timer(if set).

Thanks for the answer much appreciated!

First, I'm total newbie.

Sedond, how do I extract scripts (pex and psc files?) from mod I want to tweak a bit? (a lot in fact)

Third, is it possible to make that every few levels, let's say on levels 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. player character gets premanent boost in maximum magicka? And if, how do I do that? (it's for custom race)

Thanks in advance for any answer.

First, I'm total newbie.

Sedond, how do I extract scripts (pex and psc files?) from mod I want to tweak a bit? (a lot in fact)

Third, is it possible to make that every few levels, let's say on levels 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. player character gets premanent boost in maximum magicka? And if, how do I do that? (it's for custom race)

First, I'm total newbie.

You can find .pex files under Data/Scripts, and .psc files under Data/Scripts/Source. You'll have to edit the source files and recompile them, since .pex files are not directly editable.

You could use a few methods to set magicka. Most efficient would be using the Story Manager mode Increase Level with the conditions GetLevel Player == 5 OR GetLevel Player == 10 OR GetLevel Player == 20 - etc. then have it set up to start a repeatable NONE, Unchecked all boxes, quest with a script that checks the players current level OnInit and then does stuff depending on the current level, and then stops the quest as soon as that is done so it can be repeated.

Alternatively, you could create a Constant, Hide in UI, Magic Effect that is of type Script (nothing else) and has a script OnEffectStart, depending on the players current level, will do something. You'd attach this MGEF to a spell that is an ability, and add it to the player via an empty quest.

Lastly, the worst way to do it would be polling. Create a script on a Start game enabled run once again quest, which checks the players level every second and if the current level is one of your levels, does something. You'd also want an int variable for this that is set to the last level that was checked and taken action upon, and if the players current level that would normally be checked is at that int (already checked) then don't do anythting. Polling is done by registering for another single update within an OnUpdate event, creating a loop.

First, I'm total newbie.

If the scripts are packed away in a bsa, you'll need a bsa extractor to get to them:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/247

The bsa will have the same name as the esp.

I would actually recommend a different approach than what matthiasswag suggested. Since this is for a custom race, I would create a fortify magicka constant effect and add it to an ability. You can look at the altmer for an example. Add the ability as a racial spell to the race form.

In your spell ability, add the magicka effect multiple times. However many times you plan to increase the magicka. Set the magnitude of each one to the magicka bonus for the appropriate level, then use the GetLevel condition to make it so that only one effect applies at a time.