Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://puu.sh/ey2zt/b43c68fdcd.png

I want to make this magic effect applied to any target hit by a bear, but it doesn't work, what do?

How are you applying the spell to bear attacks?

You do realize this effect will only fire if the player is not a werewolf? Just checking because it seems a little odd that one guy getting turned into a werewolf would give every bear in the country a huge power up.

Edited by lofgren

http://puu.sh/ey2zt/b43c68fdcd.png

I want to make this magic effect applied to any target hit by a bear, but it doesn't work, what do?

Just want to check and make sure you know that those conditions on the MGEF are ONLY checked when the MGEF is added. Spell condition checks are run relatively efficiently every second.

Also what lof said.

If an AI Package has a Condition

GetRandomPercent < 25.00

Won't it just (statistically speaking) fire after being evaluated 4 times (so like 20 seconds later)? This is a question thats been bothering me for a while.

Or will it upon not firing (RandomPercent > 25.00) just skip the package until its Duration is over?

Edited by GreyFox77

How are you applying the spell to bear attacks?

You do realize this effect will only fire if the player is not a werewolf? Just checking because it seems a little odd that one guy getting turned into a werewolf would give every bear in the country a huge power up.

I figured that adding it as an ability... I don't really know how I can do it, this is why I'm asking, since I tried adding it as an ability/disease.. I just want the bear to paralyze the player or any non-werewolf/vampire actor when hit by the bear's attacks..

I gotta hand it to him that he's actually trying out different things and then testing them out, and coming here asking what is wrong, instead of expecting people to test stuff for him. I like that.

I've been doing this for two months, just waking up, coding and learning then going to sleep. This topic and the people that answered my questions were very helpful. :)

Edited by Kerberus14