⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to edit a _1 and a _0 armor mesh from import?

In the past when I tried this the vertex orders always got messed up and the Weight slider scaling got broken (glitched) because of that.

I assume 3ds Max randomizes NIF vertex order on import. Is there a way to maintain vertex order so models will remain consistent with eachother?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I need someone to write the text for a script for me, because the furthest I can get is defining the properties. I know what I want to do, but I just don't have the know-how to write it, despite all the best suggestions I've already received.

I think it needs to extend magiceffect, so that when the spell is applied to the player (when they put points in ElloPerkScavenger50, ElloPerkScavenger70, ElloPerkScavenger90), they will craft 1 extra, 2 extra or 3 extra portions of a specific food (OnAddItem?). There needs to be a check that the player is at the cookpot (without the check, the player could put one down, and then pick it up again and gain extras). I have added all of the food in the list to a FormList ElloFoodList.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and duly credited.

Using SKSE I think you could do something like this. I've never done it, so no idea if it works.

ScriptName SomeScript Extends ActiveMagicEffect

ConstructibleObject Property MyRecipe Auto
Int Property NewAmount Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
  MyRecipe.SetResultQuantity(NewAmount)
EndEvent

That is just for one recipe. It could be setup to handle more via a read into formlist or array, but it might be best to first ensure that it even works.

Ok, now that I have my SKSE set up properly (didn't know the installer wouldn't do the job) it does, in fact work. How do I set it up for a formlist (or array, whichever is easier)?

Something like this:

ScriptName SomeScript Extends ActiveMagicEffect

Int Property NewAmount Auto
FormList Property RecipeList Auto
{A formlist of ConstructibleObject records aka Recipes}

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	Int Index = 0
	Int RLSize = RecipeList.GetSize()
	While Index < RLSize
		ConstructibleObject Entry = RecipeList.GetAt(Index) as ContructibleObject
		Entry.SetResultQuantity(NewAmount)
		Index += 1
	EndWhile
EndEvent 

I did not test compilation of this specific script.

Time for my own question:

How often is the AI package stack re-evaluated on a given NPC?

I've recently been trying to get the follower to walk beside the player. I've done this with added packages to the follower alias on the DialogueFollower quest. I have them walking beside when no weapons are drawn. When weapons are drawn they hang back. When idle they don't stand as close to the player. The problem is the transition between. Draw a weapon while they are walking beside and they can keep walking beside the player but with weapon drawn for a good bit (talking in-game time several minutes or more). Other times the transition is fairly quick. It is less noticeable on transitions from following behind to walking beside, but only because they are off screen.

Sometimes after loading a save for a new session the follower is "stuck" in the current package until combat, load door, or sleeping. This might be because the game knows what package they were in and resets the package timer with them in that package despite changes to the contrary in-game.

Time for my own question:

How often is the AI package stack re-evaluated on a given NPC?

I've recently been trying to get the follower to walk beside the player. I've done this with added packages to the follower alias on the DialogueFollower quest. I have them walking beside when no weapons are drawn. When weapons are drawn they hang back. When idle they don't stand as close to the player. The problem is the transition between. Draw a weapon while they are walking beside and they can keep walking beside the player but with weapon drawn for a good bit (talking in-game time several minutes or more). Other times the transition is fairly quick. It is less noticeable on transitions from following behind to walking beside, but only because they are off screen.

Sometimes after loading a save for a new session the follower is "stuck" in the current package until combat, load door, or sleeping. This might be because the game knows what package they were in and resets the package timer with them in that package despite changes to the contrary in-game.

IIRC, it's evaluated every hour. You can use EvaluatePackage to force it, however.

Also, alias package priorities are determined by the priority of a quest. Just learned that. :O

When a save file can be considered bloated? I have Over 150 Mods, 130+ Hours of Gameplay time and the save files are about 20MB +- on size, is that decent or i should start uninstalling Un-important stuff? (I Believe the "make your own guild mod" started to bloat it abit)

Should start making a new game soon to correct this, after i defeat the ebony warrior of course

Edited by DarkCheap

@Matthiaswagg

I knew about EvaluatePackage. I had thought about using it but it would only work for instances of change in combat status. Any other conditional change would require running an update loop. Sure I could use a shorter time period but performance wise, I'm better off sticking with the packages.

Every game hour, huh? All I found on the wiki was "Periodically" ... That explains it cause a game hour by default is 3 minutes... An eternity of impatience for me :P

@Matthiaswagg

I knew about EvaluatePackage. I had thought about using it but it would only work for instances of change in combat status. Any other conditional change would require running an update loop. Sure I could use a shorter time period but performance wise, I'm better off sticking with the packages.

Every game hour, huh? All I found on the wiki was "Periodically" ... That explains it cause a game hour by default is 3 minutes... An eternity of impatience for me :P

An hour is what I've heard. However, when packages change it seems to check as well. So, yes, periodically

for example - I have a scene where the end sets the stage to 40. The guy in the scene has a package to travel to Falkreath at stage 40. He will stand around in confusion for 5-10 seconds and then head off. If you used EvaluatePackage right after the scene end, he would turn and head off immediately.

This thread needs to be stickied, methinks. Though some notice stickied threads less than unpinned ones. :P