• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like this:

ScriptName SomeScript Extends ActiveMagicEffect

Int Property NewAmount Auto

FormList Property RecipeList Auto

{A formlist of ConstructibleObject records aka Recipes}

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

Int Index = 0

Int RLSize = RecipeList.GetSize()

While Index < RLSize

ConstructibleObject Entry = RecipeList.GetAt(Index) as ContructibleObject

Entry.SetResultQuantity(NewAmount)

Index += 1

EndWhile

EndEvent

I did not test compilation of this specific script.

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "ElloPerkScavenger"...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\ElloPerkScavenger.psc(11,54): cannot convert to unknown type contructibleobject

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\ElloPerkScavenger.psc(11,54): cannot cast a form to a contructibleobject, types are incompatible

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\ElloPerkScavenger.psc(11,22): type mismatch while assigning to a constructibleobject (cast missing or types unrelated)

No output generated for ElloPerkScavenger, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Failed on ElloPerkScavenger

Does this mean that doing it with a formlist won't work? If so, what's the next alternative?

EDIT: let me try that again with an 's' in constructable. I didn't notice that when I pasted it.

EDIT2: Yes, that works better.

Next question: Do I have to add all the recipes to the list before I add the properties? Or will it update itself if I add them in dribs and drabs?

Edited by Ellorienne

You can add a empty formlist if you wish to the property and add the recipes to it at your leisure. With AddForm and GetFormFromFile you can even provide support for mod/DLC added recipes without needing to create multiple patch files.

And apparently my human side showed through and left a typo. Sorry about that.

How do I change the colors of special effects in .nifs? Specifically I'm looking to make red lightning bolts for a spell mod I'm working on. I know I asked this in another thread, but that thread appears to already be dead.

I changed the candlelight color in the NIF files by changing the "Emissive Color" within the various nodes.

I suspect lighting bolts might be similar. But don't know that for sure.

How do I change the colors of special effects in .nifs? Specifically I'm looking to make red lightning bolts for a spell mod I'm working on. I know I asked this in another thread, but that thread appears to already be dead.

I changed the candlelight color in the NIF files by changing the "Emissive Color" within the various nodes.

I suspect lighting bolts might be similar. But don't know that for sure.

Okay, where do I find that? Because I can't find anything related to color in any of the various nodes, outside of one thing labeled as SimpleColorController(or something along those lines) in the hand effects.

I guess the question is: What NIF are you editing?

There is a inventory NIF. There is a casting NIF (hands). There is a projectile NIF. There is an impact NIF. At least there can be one at each of those points. Not to mention that there are light forms used to affect the color output as well as what is stated in the NIF file(s).

I wouldn't know which one specifically to edit without trying to do it myself.

Anyway, "Emissive Color" entries are typically on the BSEffectShaderProperty nodes.

I guess the question is: What NIF are you editing?

There is a inventory NIF. There is a casting NIF (hands). There is a projectile NIF. There is an impact NIF. At least there can be one at each of those points. Not to mention that there are light forms used to affect the color output as well as what is stated in the NIF file(s).

I wouldn't know which one specifically to edit without trying to do it myself.

Anyway, "Emissive Color" entries are typically on the BSEffectShaderProperty nodes.

I'll check those nodes, then. Right now I'm doing the projectile NIF, lightningbolt01

EDIT: Found the Emissive Color entries, but they aren't actually related to the lightning bolt's color, instead showing various dark gray colors in varying stages of alpha. However, there are BSeffectShaderProperty nodes claiming to point to grayscale textures that aren't actually grayscale, but gradients. These gradient textures may be the key I'm looking for. I'm linking to one I've exported and saved a .png copy of for the sake of confirmation.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/asmcint09/gradviobright.png

Edited by asmcint