From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

I was playing Syberia 3 when the woman Kate Walker walked a few paces to end a cut scene when a little pop up window appeared.

The pop up wanted me to provide information about my experience with Windows 10.

Would you recommend Windows 10 to your friends.

I reminded the survey device that the days of my youth are gone and most of those close friends I had are no longer living, or if they are, they have long since moved away from where I live and don't communicate anymore.

Syberia 3 was still active in the multi windows. I waited to see if the game would reactivate. It did not restore control to my keyboard to move Miss Kate Walker around. The video scene itself was just fine. But the keyboard, wasd, control and the secondary controls did nothing to get her moving. She was the only part of the game that matters and she was frozen there.

I returned to the request for my opinion. All my new online friends may have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit or Windows 10. I reminded the survey only of those people I might have shared my wit and wisdom from in the local area I live at the moment.

Before, when I clicked on the Escape key and then did a quick return to game Syberia 3 gave me back the control over the main character Kate Walker, but that time she did not walk.

After grumbling as I was fussing over the game and trying to restore it I discovered it has had several save points in the past, but this time when I looked in to go back to previous save there was only one.

I shut down the game, disconnected from the Server where the library of my games are, and went sleep.

At 8:24 AM MDT I awakened. I had dreamed for a moment. In the dream sleep I was viewing scenes from Mass Effect: Andromeda. Which by the way I finished that game the day before today. I went back to sleep, because it was too early for me to get started on any daily routines.

I received a tug. It felt like someone had nudged me. I was dreaming that I was about to examine a boat; that I was asleep and dreaming about.

A pontoon boat was being built. I sensed I was just a few yards from it and started to walk closer to see it better.

All the last few days I had been receiving eMail from different sources, and I had to turn off my connection during bed time just to get some rest. I switched on the service ISP I rent. Not one of the usual eMails from here, nor from any other of my online friends eMail was in my Inbox.

I wondered about the information I had given the Windows 10 Microsoft survey the info about all my old home town friends. I wondered about it, and like always when a thought, clear thought, occurs like that, my wonder deduced for me I had several new friends, but they were hoping I had several old friends and a family of my own.

NO ONES HOME, and the Lights are off too!

On several occasions I have mentioned the fact I am old and without a down line.

I am the Omega, and if any of my online friends missed that post, it means I am the end of the line. All of your grand fathers and grand mothers were in front of me at the drinking fountain and now all of you are beginning to line up behind me while I take a drink. All I can do now is move along and hope that some day your adventures of standing in the line at the drinking fountain at your school provides you with someone that is following you with whom you can become friends with.

I have some vitamins and minerals I could share with you if you want to feel better and live longer healthier lives. No one in the USA needs a prescription for these Vitamins and Minerals, so you could buy them from me, if you wanted to.

On the one hand I might run out if I sell you these wondrous packages of life supporting vitamins and minerals. On the other hand I could go with the lack of food longer, as long as I keep my place in line and I have gotten a drink of water at least once on the 8th day of my waiting there.

Bye for now. See you at the drinking fountain line. :happy:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful visual pictures. Extraordinary motion and doll movement in the game play. Great cut scenes. But...

Oh! The horrors! Playing along on the slow paced Syberia 3 has a plural of scenes which could have been cut out because all they do is show Kate Walker moving from one place to another. It would have possibly made the game if the creators had not filled the game with scenes where she contemplates her choice of what to say to someone after we chose from the list for her what to say.

An example is Number 2, when she is talking to the Mayor of Valsemor, it gives a close up of her face as the sound track of her voice thinks out loud and than locks up the game. I had to restart the game once because there was no previous save anymore, because I tried the 2nd choice just to see what would happen.

It doesn't get fun, it doesn't give any spirit of happiness, only contests with each encounter making the choices obvious after wasting time returning to where the last choice failed to take her to her next act.

When talking to the lady in Baranour I managed to get the key Kate Walker needs. The cut scene appeared, Kate Walking out of the train car.

She walked toward the camera, the game froze and blinked back in and she was back standing facing the lady and the lady refused to give her the key. The dialog and act cut in without any controls on the keyboard being touched.

Maybe I should get a controller like the start up window in the beginning pixs of the load screenies. Only it doesn't suggest what kind of controller and the keyboard and mouse are the controls the games settings show.

I give this game a minus 1. It isn't appropriate for children under 17. I give it a minus 9 for game control and play through because it lags often, locking scenes when Kate is shown walking away and to too many times with no previous save game so I had to start at the beginning again.

A minus 10 because it stops after a conversation where it should go to a cut scene. It locks up at the point in cut scenes when the cut scene should end and keyboard controls should be restored.

It should not be on the market period.

Deep Learning AI?

I never would have imagined Deep Learning AI was an item when I was seeing science fiction in comic books, short stories, and novels.

Am I ready for another exciting adventure into the way humans think our brain works?

It's definitely not a comic strip that I am seeing at the website for the latest news on the subject.

Adults are likely to find these new website podcasts and webinars more inspiring then a comic book collection. I am thinking that we adults mature and we remember how scientific stuff got our attention in comic books. Then we leave our comic book collection at the resale shop and sell the really special comic books at auctions for LOTs of MONEY!

Next stop AI. Are you ready to see how AI learns?

I sure am. :geek:

• 2 weeks later...

What a slow day! I spent yesterday preparing a 2TB HDD for a journey back in time. The shock! The sadness! The...

I remember when the LINUX open source and Windows were a nice way to imagine getting a home based business started before I got an idea to just hire an auctioneer to sell all the stuff (nobody in the house wanted anymore) I had in storage. Can you imagine this, "Have you ever tried to sell a doll your sister had when she was 6 and had not seen or played with since she went to college?"

I had 3 people acting like a bunch of cheer leaders cheering me on to get out of the house to go sell the piled, not neatly stacked and organized, the piled extraordinary...but no longer fascinating stuff... that was crowding me out of the house. Of course they tried to convinced me to do it in the fashion they did it, a long, long time ago, "Door to door salesman". The only other way was the other old fashion way yard sales, and garage sales.

:geek: Yes, I recall a moment when I suddenly realized I didn't want to sell any of it; because it all held so many really cool childhood memories. I was hell bent to learn how to get a computer to sell it for me. No! I wanted the computer to sell it for me so I would not see it being sold by the computer. Stupid me! :huh:

Needless to say I learned so much about software for computers, the uses for business, and while I waited for the next car to pull up to the lot and the people to walk through the isles between the tables, finger, stare, and laugh I played the game solitaire. Which led to returning to finding out ways to save the money that I used to spend at the video arcade cave so I could get the highest score and win extra games. The Vic 20 arrived. I could buy those video arcade games. I could SAVE MONEY!

I got interested in video games I could put on a computer and play at home so I never had to take anymore lip from that fat greasy guy selling specially made coins for the machines, for real money, so we could play the arcade and pinball machine games. And now that fat greasy mouthy puckered lip slouch looks like the President of the United States, only, even in his new clothes they only shine because he is still a greasy old carnival operator who likes money way, way, way too much.

2017 update. MMO means, there's another Mean Mad Old, money grubbing greasy fat man selling more of nothing to make more money to fill his RV's table and has many bags filled with gold he won't even share with a banker. It is likely the MMO I am referring to has some resemblance to a character, in a movie, who at least put on a marionette show, and had a bird cage where he kept Pinocchio locked up.

Greed is still a factor of life, but todays "Greedy Times" make it difficult for the Mean Mad Old greasy fat men. It also seems to make starting a small home based business, I mean it seems impossible to start a home based business, unless, it is intended to feed all the orphans skipping school or church on Sunday.

The best advertisers used to be those orphans crying out to their parents to come and get them, because they are being tortured (you know to learn from books, learn some craft, and learn how to earn some money when their parents both had to work and put them in the day care caregivers hands), by the nice nuns and the priest in THE BLUES BROTHERS house of God. That Fat Greasy old man was one of them orphans that got meaner than an alley cat, meaner then a wolverine, and smart at badgering the poor youth into paying more for not squealing on them for skipping school and church on Sunday.

When the guy who ran the local arcade cheated me out of the 5 free games I won, one afternoon, by not giving me any of the coins he had so I could use them to play five more times the next day I got a look in my eye. I imagined him down on his knees in front of the man he got his first lessons of business from, who he also owed his young life too. I imagined him, praying for forgiveness for not bringing that old Father and his Gang of Nun's more money.

And I imagined that after he escaped from having to study Trigonometry he wasn't singing the following song at all.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a babe :happy: and capable of walking I was eager to see outside the walls of the house without adult supervision.

When I was a bit older I wanted to travel beyond the border of the yard and travel around the block until I could walk farther and further from that place.

When I was in my teens I wanted to see what was all the way down town, and eventually I found another border I could not see and wanted to travel beyond that one too.

I am now older then my Dad's :unsure: parents were when they were taken from us which made me wonder about how science and medicine has changed me.

I really don't want to go where they are just yet :no:, but the boundaries of old age slowly take the stamina and strength we gained away. :confused:

So if you have the desire to get to the edge of your mental map o_O, and the only thing that is stopping you is getting your legs moving, or, there is a bunch of people who want you to continue to support their home style needs, leave before it's too late.

Believe me those people who rely on your strength are a lot stronger willed and will do better if they aren't given to having all your youthful energy. :geek: I've seen some of them escape from the institution life that was the driving force making them insane; because they were still reaching out to find a way to see beyond the material world's limitations. My own Mom begged me to take her home with me when she had the most comfortable assisted living arrangement there was. When she was in another one with the doors still open, she wandered to the edge of her mental borders and when she was found 3 blocks away feeding the birds some of the bread she had gotten at a hamburger fast food place, she could not remember who she was and that she only lived 3 blocks back along that street.

Fortunately I was around and some nice people saw me who had found her sitting on the city park bench sharing her lunch with ducks and birds.

Just pack a bag Sam, pack a lunch Joan, and get thee to the edge of your known world David, and see what's beyond, before you can't anymore.

I can assure you I will miss all that youthful energy of yours, but I am already well trained in the martial arts of life. Enough so that I could send a few of your young friends on the journey, maybe even to follow you where you go, desirous to cause a ruckus.

They would leave me alone too and get the hell off my lawn. :laugh:

Hey! I do have a modern mobile phone which can watch your adventures from Google+ posts.

Oh! And since you left the last time, I took off too. I have a car that is a hybrid, electric and gas engine. It doesn't need to be plugged in to charge the batteries because it has recharging devices built in to recharge the batteries in three ways, while the half gasoline engine is in use, when coasting down slopes at the speed of travel, and when putting on the brakes to slow the car down. Sorry, the company that was selling them said the model was discontinued. And another like it from that company probably, now that isn't for sure, but probably may be on the market in 2019.

I already saw 45 miles on the odometer from yesterday after I filled the tank. Not one measure of the gasoline bar has disappeared yet. Best gas I've found so far and with one tank of that, I'll likely be able to get 400 miles or better on 15 gallons of gas. If I hadn't been doing the speed limit which is set at 80 mph on several stretches of the freeway I would have gotten almost 500 miles on a tank of good gasoline driving 70 mph the other day on my way to and back from a place called Fort Missoula in Montana.

A great place to visit if you have an interest in Montana's history.

I've got some catching up to do if I'm going to continue to be a pathfinder following the Lewis and Clark lifestyle. I may be headed to the Museum of the Rockies again to see their latest acquisitions. Off to Bozeman, Mt. If you and your Tesla S age gal friend happen to be in the area wave when you see my car on the approach and it will snap a picture of you as you are passing with the S8+ mounted on the dash.

:woot: See you around. :D

I returned from an extended search for the objective that motivates me. Disappointed that the lead I checked out turned out to be a reminder that so many people gave up their journey and left no marker for me; or anyone else, before me.

I felt the tug of my eyelids trying to close, to rest my eyes, and I felt my body getting that worn out feeling from all the physical effort using up a good portion of my built up hope. I still had to drive 159 miles before I could sleep. No promises do I have to keep, no supposed responsibilities are on my calendar. What I seek is the chance to take the wealth of my knowledge and give my best effort to achieve a homestead on another planet.

I did not like Einsteins theory. The one about traveling in a ship in outer space at the speed of light. I want a motor that can shift into faster and faster speeds then just light speed, while traveling, using light as the road to the destination.

I want my friends and family to be around when I get back from seeing, with my own eyes, Saturn in all the respects I can in a 24 hour day of exploring. Einstein's said we would be going so fast in a ship that what seemed like only minutes to all of the people on board the outer space craft would be years to everyone on Earth.

I would rather build a vehicle motor that can turn the vehicle into a super 10 speed outer space craft. 1st gear to move away from the outer Stratosphere, 2nd to build up speed when the navigator's set the course, 3rd for light speed, 4th for faster than light speed, 5th for getting to Saturn in a few hours and back to Earth that evening to have dinner with friends and family, 6th to zip to the borders of our known space and give us time to study it with our own eyes via windows and specific equipment designed to analyse what we see so we can learn more about what is out there, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th would enable us to go farther and farther and still get back in time for a family evening meal, come home for holidays with the family, and live a full life with all whom we know.

And the best part of my dream is that we will be able to share what we find with the people who gave us the ability to do research and return it so, while they are still alive, they can have the opportunity to study what we've found, and those who have the desire to find and live on other planets while we are out and about will have the opportunity to do so.

Otherwise we fall backward on Einstein's slow peddling Light Speed tricycle and everyone on Earth all having children, grow old, and their children and the children they had who have children all get older and die leaving a bunch of younger generation who never knew we went out to find a new world for them, and they all die before my team and I get back, we are only a few hours, days, weeks, months, and maybe a year or two older then we were when we departed and would be as young as some of the people who looked at us and grunted, "ALIENS from Outer Space!"

The last journey I returned from took me to roadside sign history marker of the Pathfinders mentioned in Mass Effect: Andromeda. You can find a book reference in the Father of your pathfinders room on a book shelf. The book links are about Lewis and Clark, the sign I found was about where they had camped for awhile near Lolo, Montana.

There are so many interesting facts in video games I was surprised when I found that link to click on and discovered Bioware's people added it to Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Have a great future.

And for those in school, getting out soon and graduating this year, I hope you have a great adventure during your vacation time.

• 2 weeks later...

OH! JOY! Another brilliant youth from a group who can barely think without some godlike will power over him knocked on my door and wanted to sell me a batch of cookies he did not have for $60.00.

Wow! I was reminded of a bunch of men and women that could not read, nor write, and were following a man who could barely comprehend the words in a popular book he found that he thought was very important.

I recall how the man was able to sway a multitude of ignorant child like peasants to do his bidding. It's not funny how the college library books in that era got destroyed by the mobs of people who were taught to believe the statues and symbols were of false gods. The statues of scholars, teachers, professors, and famous people of the arts and crafts. After the destruction I think the camera was invented so the schools could preserve the images of those who earned status in the great Universities that followed the destruction of Romes educational system.

Some of you may remember the story about the Library of Alexander the Great.

It's a story about how a swarm of uneducated people camped outside the outskirts of Rome, managed to to some business buying from the Roman vendors, robbing homes, robbing locals, and bluntly showing off how stupid they were. Then one day they all came running into the city and began destroying everything they could.

The young man who I talked to on my front porch seemed to be a little better educated at first. After a few minutes of having a conversation about his statements, making his case for selling a large amount of cookies, he did not have on him, and how much of an education he had, I found his reason for asking so much of me. It became clear he was a carnival offspring. I could pass as a freak in some peoples opinion, but he definitely was more qualified physically then I will ever be.

He tried to save face by bringing up some bits of religion and that he believed in a god, and moments later I had him pegged for what he really believed in. As he pulled a cell phone out of his pocket with it's face plate broken he made like it was functional and could use it to tell the time.

I dragged him through a limited amount of worthy discussion just to see if he could muster up some real work skills. He failed at even being a lawn mower man. He pulled his broken cell phone again and I brought up the fact I saw it was broken. He still acted like it worked. I pointed out that I had one too. I did not have it with me but he didn't make any sign that he cared.

After it was clear he wasn't qualified to even wash my car, a twenty something old man, he pulled his phone out again, looked at the face with the multiple cracks, a clearly dead piece, and tried make me feel sorry for keeping him for so long because he had a deadline to meet.

After adding the kind of mild gesture he asked for the $60.00 again, as if I owed to him for lost time. I looked at him and gave him my best rifleman look and said, "No! I can't do that! Even if I could I would regret it later." I told him to give me his name and phone number because I was sure I would think of something he could do after he got back from his job in Papua, New Guinea. I would give him a call if I did.

He wrote down his first name and the last 7 digits of a phone number and handed me the paper.

He backed down off my front porch. Turned and started moving as fast as he could toward the gate. As he closed it behind him I spoke loud and clearly. If you're anything like me when I was selling door to door you better burn some shoe leather. Burn Rubber! He went two door up the street to the house just one yard farther up, and dashed in the front door.

He looked like a real needy looking lad. One that barely passed the Christian Shepard of the, 'Lord of the Flies', Exam. I believe he got my meaning though. I'm sure his next visit will be a more pronounced one, if he ever returns at all. If he can't get any support from any one else so he can get a passport and the necessary papers to get to the job at Papua, New Guinea, that he needed $60.00 more to make the total of $2000.00, I just bet, because I felt sure that the christian leader of his group who I am sure sent him was not aware that someone annihilated some hop plants in my yard among the meadow grass, twice in two years. I figured he might end up like the last two fools who did that.

So I told him about the two like they were total strangers to him and saw his expression change when he realized how much money a pound of dried hop buds could bring. I could see he knew the two fools because they are all from the same church group. Not very smart fools. $12.00 a pound for dried hop buds to make tea; or whatever!

They tore the hop vines off my fence. If they had waited until the buds were mature enough, and knew about how to dry them, they could have gotten $60.00 off the lot of them on the fence they killed before they even went to flowers, easily.

I got to play the MMO: ESO: MORROWIND this morning.

I used my standard avatar name too only the way I did when I made up the avatar name for Morrowind. So if you see Paga Fyr on the PC Mac game version it is me. It would be great if all those people I gave Kudos for their mods, back when, were enjoying the new MORROWIND too.

My avatar is a Breton this time. I have a Rocky Raccoon paint job on the eyes, only, it looks more like a stripe from the left to right side then it does a raccoon's dark color around their eyes.

Someone at ESO: MORROWIND was swinging their weapon around excitedly at my character. The quest I was working on was in the active mode, just starting when I saw the streaks of a weapon pass through my character. I did not get a chance to look to find out what the characters name was of the wildly excited player. I hope they weren't a familiar online friend who thought someone stole my avatar title.

When the quest function in Vivec's room completed I did a search around the room to see if someone who shared some time chatting here at the Forums may have been trying to get my attention in the game.

I really enjoy the new MMO. I hope after I get down off of my cloud of excitement; like a child running wild free at last, playing the game was fresh on my mind, and because the game seems almost like a new, but familiar place to me.

If there are others who are playing it I will be looking for them then next time I start to play. I hope will spot some familiar name titled avatars there.

I'll start checking to see if any of the 2002 to Oblivion players and Modders are enjoying the scenery, and the excitement, of having a revival of the game in MMO status.

ESO: MORROWIND gets a, " Wow! " from me. :woot:

A great new game for all of us children at heart who still give that part of them self a reminder occasionally we still are that inner child.

Remember you can't take the child out of us, just the adult adjustments are redoable. :geek: